The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks Trade Luongo to the Panthers

Which was a direct result of his "Doesn't matter what he wants" comment about Kesler earlier. That was childish and unprofessional.

I'm just glad the drama queen is gone and we can move on with some promising youth.

I think thats exactly what got him traded. I don't think Tortorella liked that at all and probably went to MG and the owners and said get rid of him.

Apparently this trade did in fact stem from Lu sitting out the heritage classic and Lu's agent made the call to MG

I heard that too.

But I find it hard to believe that Lu was sat in the Heritage Classic.

Then two days later Gillis is able to trade him? I find it hard to believe Gillis could've pulled off the deal in two days considering the teo preceding years he couldn't.

gillis i knew all along he was the wrong gm. man this is sad. we could have done this last year, had schneider and then let him and kesler be our future.

instead our gm screws it up big time and does this, yikes, gonna be some rough roads ahead before we are a playoff threat

Hearing it's Lu for Makstrom, Matthias, Jovocop and a potential pick

You should get your hearing checked.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC

Luongo and Steven Anthony for Markstrom and Matthias. Canucks are picking up part of the salary....will be finalized after trade call

15% retained by the Canucks, basically about $800K/yr currently.

Mike Gillis pulled off a move like this? Mike Gillis? MIKE GILLIS??!

Don't be so surprised. Some people have made it clear they really don't understand the moves he's made that have been good (i.e. Ehrhoff).

Gillis is disgusting. We traded Schneider and Luongo, 1 future hall of fame goaltender and 1 solid #1 starter for Horvat, Markstrom, and Matthias? AND WE STILL RETAIN SALARY?

Hope Gillis is getting the boot soon.

Archived