The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Stars, March 6

Assistant GM

So you bandwagoned since then? Maybe you like the franchise but you seem to forget what Luongo has done. And you are being too sensitive given the current state of the Canucks. Go for a walk and cool off.

pretty sure you can't bandwagon when your 9.

I don't think taking issue with a former player poking fun at the expense of his former team is all that sensitive, at all.

No one questions the contribution luongo gave to this franchise, but to kick it while its down and your safe out the door in market that doesnt give a frack about hockey seems a bit prickish.

I personally think the players stopped playing for the pride of the Canucks when they saw how bad Manny was treated. Manny was the heart of the team. To have MG basically tell the entire league that Manny could no longer play, I think that's when the players checked out

That would make sense if they held Manny out because he was playing badly... but that isn't what happened... so no, this makes absolutely no sensel. Obviously it was upsetting for the boys but why would they be mad at management for being concerned about the safety of a player?

Awesome tweets by Lu. I bet he's so happy now no one is telling him to not tweet. By the sound of it players tuned Torts out already. Just want to say that must be a record. The shortest amount of time took to lose a room.

Not offended by Lu's tweets either. They're witty & not harsh. He obviously still cares & hasn't moved on totally. Lack should have been pulled in this thing sooner - to spare his stats & psyche. Lu is in the know. In this situation....there's valid & good reasons for the mercy-pull & waking up the team playing infront of him.

I hope Archibald or Sestito will fight somebody tonight. They need to win something.

Ummm, have you watched Sestito fight??? He doesn't win often! Relies on size, not skill. Rick Rypien (RIP) would have taken him apart in a fight, badly!

According to a brain dead waste like you? I'm happy with what I've done in my life. I've never choked and let my friends or family down. I've never agree like a teenager and give on Twitter and back stabbed old friends. Obviously honesty and honor mean nothing to your worthless hide or Chokeberto Luongo.

Luongo was a whiny little bitch for the last few years he was here. Florida thinks they found their man? He'll choke just like he did every other time it mattered.

Wow this team sucks. Gutless,horrible play.

frack this team.

How ironic.

That would make sense if they held Manny out because he was playing badly... but that isn't what happened... so no, this makes absolutely no sensel. Obviously it was upsetting for the boys but why would they be mad at management for being concerned about the safety of a player?

Manny was playing poorly. His play had really dropped off to the point where many people (not just Gillis) had to feel his eyesight was a serious problem. There was no other way to explain it, IMO.

Archived