The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday vs. Calgary

jj99

Please for the love of goodness and light, win this game.

Forget the detached ownership and management, win it for the folks who actually believe in you. The one who cheer, and yes even the ones who want you traded in the next breath.

Go Canucks Go!

Every game is a must win now, if it wasn't already.

5-1 Canucks

Torts, pease protect Nicklas Jensen. No d zone starts, at least not until he gets into the game. No shifts with plugs. No screaming at him.

Oh my goodness. If Jensen is that soft then he shouldn't be here. You have to earn minutes. You can't just be protected all the time.

i hear the same bs over and over loungo sucks trade him keep cory. No cory isnt proven trade him keep loungo. What good is having a great goalie when the guys in front cant do the job at hand. Like defend the lead and score goals. Let me ask you something how many times have you thought the game was done and loungo lets in a bad goal that ties the game at 1.3 or so seconds left in the third. I have seen alot how many times do you think that pisses me off seeing a goalie crap the bed with seconds left too win the game.

Canucks have 37 losses. Last time they lost 37 in a full season was 2008-2009! That was their first year at 100 points. That streak is probably over as they have to gain every point here on out.

Out east we will probably get the Sharks Habs anyway so we won't be subjected to this one.

You people calling for a "Fire Gillis" chant? No matter how you feel, try to bring POSITIVE energy into the building...you know, support for the boys rather than attacking in general. God, what a bunch of attention seekers who would forego supporting the club just to get their "message" in. Sure, maybe that is your message, but there's a time and place. You slam MG for not doing what's right for the team but I don't see how fueling the Flames with a chant of discord is any better. They'll have enough people in their corner...we don't need to help in that by cheering AGAINST someone associated with the team. That'll surely do wonders.

Write emails, send letters but when you're at the game throw your support behind the team and try to do your part. Rather than just being heard.

You people calling for a "Fire Gillis" chant? No matter how you feel, try to bring POSITIVE energy into the building...you know, support for the boys rather than attacking in general. God, what a bunch of attention seekers who would forego supporting the club just to get their "message" in. Sure, maybe that is your message, but there's a time and place. You slam MG for not doing what's right for the team but I don't see how fueling the Flames with a chant of discord is any better. They'll have enough people in their corner...we don't need to help in that by cheering AGAINST someone associated with the team. That'll surely do wonders.

Write emails, send letters but when you're at the game throw your support behind the team and try to do your part. Rather than just being heard.

+ 10

GO CANUCKS GO !!! :towel:

Deb you're in denial. There's no saving you now. Time to start the rebuild and clean out the management.

Best advice for Jensen?

Come over the boards with your legs moving and haul arse! Skate hard and attack the play, willing to make mistakes. This time your playing with Kesler and Higgins, mistakes are less likely to cost you and hauling will create chances!

Best advice for Jensen is to fake an injury and not get torched while playing for this terrible team right now so it doesn't ruin his confidence before his career even starts. Which is what will happen to Lack if we keep playing this bad in front of him.

this team is done, we are not making the playoffs. And Gillis's moves (or lack thereof) are a big reason why. he deserves to be canned

the only big move he made was trading Lu for basically nothing and putting all the pressure on Eddie Lack when he hasn't even played 30 games in the NHL yet, strong everything.

Deb you're in denial. There's no saving you now. Time to start the rebuild and clean out the management.

LOL I'd rather clean out some of the fanbase and start the rebuild there, but we'll agree to disagree.

I'm not in denial, I just don't see "following" a team only to throw negativity at them. I honestly think people who stick around despite declarations of having no faith are in denial. Doesn't make sense to still be watching, does it? The rebuild can't start tonight during the Flames game so I wonder why people who have it all figured out are still tuning in.

I know this team's in trouble. But I also love watching hockey and hold out hope for some good games to finish out the season. The rest is just politics, not hockey.

Unless a miracle happens, this team is not going far in the playoffs. If we do make it, we'll be out very quickly.

I don't have a problem with the team just allowing the younger players to step in and show their stuff.

Archived