The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Sucks things had to end that way for Buerhle.

It's really too bad that Goins and Edwing picked that inning to have hands of stone. MB should have been out of that inning with no damage, but his defense let him down.

He might have given up runs in the second, but he still likely could have gotten through that inning and made it to 200. Really unfortunate for Mark.

As far as going for home field throughout the playoffs, I think some people are overlooking a few things, such as how much Donaldson and a few others were fading down the stretch and how much better they looked after a couple days rest. I support Gibby's decision 100%.

First place was lost when Osuna couldn't close the deal on Saturday. It would have been great to finish first in the AL, but burning out your top guys to get there is counterproductive. In the final analysis, finishing second costs them one extra game in the visitors dugout and that's only if KC beats the wild card team.

I'm fine with where the Jays are and looking forward to the post season.

The team has rest days coming up, today for starters. Yesterday's game could have been a rest day too. I still would rather them face a team to start with that was forced to start their ace in the wild card game.

The team has rest days coming up, today for starters. Yesterday's game could have been a rest day too. I still would rather them face a team to start with that was forced to start their ace in the wild card game.

Me too. And if Osuna hadn't blown Saturday's game, I'm sure Sunday's game would have been managed differently.

If the idea is a four man rotation I'd like to see Price, Dickey, Stroman, and Estrada. Just for the pitch speed changes in every game. Me personally Dickey scares me every game he pitches. I'd rather Price, Stroman, and Estrada. Would have never thought that at the beginning of the season

I'd set that as the rotation too. For the speed changes, like you said, but also to have Dickey pitch at Rogers Centre. He's better at Rogers centre (well, in the 2nd half of the season he's been good everywhere).

Love what Stroman is doing. He's going to be a special player.

I find their 15-28 record in one run games being the worst for a division winner in the history of the MLB to be not surprising. Will that continue to bite them? I think their being the statistically best team in baseball by as big of a margin as it was speaks more to the damage the team can do against anyone.

They're playing their first playoff game in over 2 decades though. It should be, and probably will be, very easy to forget about their last few games of the season.

I find their 15-28 record in one run games being the worst for a division winner in the history of the MLB to be not surprising. Will that continue to bite them? I think their being the statistically best team in baseball by as big of a margin as it was speaks more to the damage the team can do against anyone.

They're playing their first playoff game in over 2 decades though. It should be, and probably will be, very easy to forget about their last few games of the season.

I think that stat would be more worrying if it wasn't heavily weighted on games played in the first half of the season. The bullpen turned things around in the 2nd half and the Jays were much better in close games.

People talk a lot about the Price and Tulo acquisitions, ((and well they should) but adding Lowe and Revere were a huge boost to the team, especially when it comes to tight scoring games. Revere can get you a "small ball" run and Lowe can help you make it count.

I think that stat would be more worrying if it wasn't heavily weighted on games played in the first half of the season. The bullpen turned things around in the 2nd half and the Jays were much better in close games.

People talk a lot about the Price and Tulo acquisitions, ((and well they should) but adding Lowe and Revere were a huge boost to the team, especially when it comes to tight scoring games. Revere can get you a "small ball" run and Lowe can help you make it count.

They're still below .500 after the all star break. Though like I said, I trust in their raw ability to hit well and pitch well more than I do a record statistic like that. They're just that much better than everyone else.

They're still below .500 after the all star break. Though like I said, I trust in their raw ability to hit well and pitch well more than I do a record statistic like that. They're just that much better than everyone else.

Good thing there is going to be no 1 run games to worry about...Blue Jays just gotta keep mashing!

What is the Jays' biggest weakness? One run games? Runners in scoring position? I heard they suck in both categories. Not sure how much that's because of the first half of the season. I've only been watching for two months but if they lose in the playoffs it seems like pitching will be why. The offense has been nothing short of spectacular but pitching has cost games here and there although that is true for any team.