The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

56 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

This series, very much, reminded me of the Royals series. Couldn't get anything going against starting pitching and got completely dominated by the bullpen. Obviously they didn't learn anything. Too bad. Wonder what Bautista thinks of Merrit now. 

What did he say, if you don't mind repeating?

40 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Said Merrick, the Cleveland pitcher, should be shaking in his boots.

Thank you.

WOW.

.138 in October. Good luck getting your 20million. No wonder his agent wanted to cash out last summer. The guy just lost like 50million dollars this year. Agent was smart, delivery wasn't.

I haven't forgotten what Bats has done, HOWEVER, Playoff ball is NL style. Real baseball. Jose' legs are gone, less range as an OF.

50M for the pair wont happen in TO.

Blank cheque for EE? thoughts?

He Blue Jays did not learn from last year,.  They celebrated and partied after they beat Texas.. why?

they still hadn't accomplished what they're main goal.

Party hard, Lack discipline , lose focus,  then lose, ... they deserved to.

Hockey Players down play the Presidents Trophy, and Conference Championships, just to keep they're eyes on the prize.

Lord Stanley.

Gibbons should have kept the Jays under control.

1 hour ago, b3. said:

I don't respect that kind of after the series snipe.  Bautista tried to get in the young lefy's head.  Didn't work, but that's part of the game.

Kipnis batted .067 (with that constipated batting stance of his) in the series - maybe he's not the guy that should be chirping a veteran gamer that just ripped the ball his last two at bats in an elimination game.

Merritt answered it far better than Kipnis.

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He Blue Jays did not learn from last year,.  They celebrated and partied after they beat Texas.. why?

they still hadn't accomplished what they're main goal.

Party hard, Lack discipline , lose focus,  then lose, ... they deserved to.

Hockey Players down play the Presidents Trophy, and Conference Championships, just to keep they're eyes on the prize.

Lord Stanley.

Gibbons should have kept the Jays under control.

Are you new to baseball? Literally every team, including Cleveland, does that. Spraying champagne everywhere is what the whole "We came to reign" thing on every teams shirt means. 

Edited by Xbox

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

Are you new to baseball? Literally every team, including Cleveland, does that. Spraying champagne everywhere is what the whole "We came to reign" thing on every teams shirt means. 

What ... everrrrr.. then it comes down to the Team which is least hungover will have the best chance in each series.  Cool.

Edited by SilentSam

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

there is that..but I would hope for the Cubs regardless...it would probably be a good series.

Yeah , i guess i will be pulling for the Cubs too , not too many people around who remember their last WS championship in 1908. :)

• Upvote 1

Congratulations Bluejay fans on a solid season. Not the result you were hoping for but the Indians came out and were the better team. As long as you lock up EE you will be pretty good the next couple years. Losing Bautista will be a really good thing for the club, frees up money and rids the team of an egotistical, overrated and cocky player. I sure as hell would not want him on my team. I hope he goes to like Milwaukee or something. An Indian-Cub WS will be fantastic, 2 long suffering fanbases and teams vying for a WS championship which they haven't seen in a LONG time. I am rooting for the Cubs because, unless you are an Indian fan, how can you not. No doubt in my mind the two best teams in the MLB are Cleveland and the Cubs.