The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

19 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

This one I do question a bit tbh just because he is still only 26 he isn't 30 yet, I get the frustration part due to injuries but he's got skill, if they're willing to hang onto Travis this long still and he's 28, I don't see why they couldn't of done the same with Pompey. 

I really hope no one grabs him, but I believe a team will.

I got a feeling @Xbox isn't going to be liking this move by the Jays.

Yeah I always liked the guy but his injuries come at the worst times. If he doesn't make an MLB team by 28 then he probably never will.

Jays this year are really. really bad. If they can't find a spot for Pompey I'm not convinced he's going to be picked up by another team.

18 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Jays this year are really. really bad.

They are doing all right in the field and at the plate, especially given how young most of the players are, but they will need better pitching.

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2019 at 2:13 PM, Wilbur said:

Yeah, stranger things have happened with prospects finally getting it together, but I still have serious doubts that he can be a MLB batter.  That being said, I would be a little surprised too if he clears waivers, he could aid some playoff-bound team as a pitch-runner.

It may not happen this year, but I don't think Travis' days with Jays are long either.  There's a lot of depth in the middle infield that is passing him now.  He could be done the moment he gets healthy.  So what I'm saying is, I guess he's a Jay for life.

And that's what sucks because of his injuries, he hasn't been able to play a lot to really see if he can hit at the MLB level, just small sample sizes and in those he wasn't bad but was just getting going all the time it seemed the injuries happened at the worst possible times. I really saw a possible future for him as the Jays leadoff hitter one day, with his speed and bunting which he said he enjoyed he just enjoyed being on base and with those wheels can't blame him. 

As for Travis I have a feeling they may give him the same treatment then if they're willing to do it to Pompey, but I still stand by what I have been saying the last couple years for him, I don't want him for up the middle or in the field, but for DH I just want his bat. I believe he has a great bat, and he would be a great DH if he could just handle the running of the bases with his knees, then I think he would have a perfect home as a DH. 

10 hours ago, Xbox said:

Yeah I always liked the guy but his injuries come at the worst times. If he doesn't make an MLB team by 28 then he probably never will.

Jays this year are really. really bad. If they can't find a spot for Pompey I'm not convinced he's going to be picked up by another team.

Yeah I remember you really liking him, which then got me to liking him a lot, and seeing potential for him as mentioned above in a leadoff role back then. Injuries have really haunted him unfortunately, if he can stay injury free for the rest of the year and get back to where he was in spring training, I could still see a chance for him I believe he's that skilled, as long as he doesn't get any injury.

Yes the Jays are bad which was expected this year and next year expect the same, but they're not that that bad, they have bad pitching unfortunately but they definitely have potential in the batting lineup by the looks of it moving forward which is good to see. The Jays management has a year and half to address the pitching, as long as they do that and get the right pitching in 2 years, then I believe I see this team as a wild card team easily.

Troy Tulowitzki announces retirement

Troy Tulowitzki has retired from baseball, the veteran infielder announced in a statement Thursday.

"I wanted to take this opportunity to announce my retirement as a Major League Baseball player," Tulowitzki said, according to Lindsey Adler of The Athletic.

"For as long as I can remember, my dream was to compete at the highest level as a Major League Baseball Player ... to wear a big-league uniform and play hard for my teammates and the fans. I will forever be grateful for every day that I've had to live out my dream. It has been an absolute honor."

Tulowitzki played 13 seasons in the big leagues with the Colorado Rockies, Toronto Blue Jays, and New York Yankees.

"I will always look back with tremendous gratitude for having the privilege of playing as long as I did," Tulowitzki said, according to Adler. "There is no way to truly express my gratitude to the fans of Colorado, Toronto, and New York. They always made my family and I feel so welcome.

"I want to thank the Yankees organization and (general manager) Brian Cashman for giving me the opportunity to wear the Yankees uniform and live out another childhood dream. I wish that my health had allowed for a different ending to that chapter."

The 34-year-old Tulowitzki appeared in five All-Star Games, won two Gold Gloves and two Silver Sluggers, and received MVP consideration on six separate occasions during his career.

"While this chapter is now over, I look forward to continuing my involvement in the game that I love ... instructing and helping young players to achieve their goals and dreams," Tulowitzki continued.

"I'm saying goodbye to Major League Baseball, but I will never say goodbye (to) the game I love. Thanks again (to) all of you!"

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1802584

• Cheers 1

On 7/25/2019 at 6:00 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Troy Tulowitzki announces retirement

Troy Tulowitzki has retired from baseball, the veteran infielder announced in a statement Thursday.

"I wanted to take this opportunity to announce my retirement as a Major League Baseball player," Tulowitzki said, according to Lindsey Adler of The Athletic.

"For as long as I can remember, my dream was to compete at the highest level as a Major League Baseball Player ... to wear a big-league uniform and play hard for my teammates and the fans. I will forever be grateful for every day that I've had to live out my dream. It has been an absolute honor."

Tulowitzki played 13 seasons in the big leagues with the Colorado Rockies, Toronto Blue Jays, and New York Yankees.

"I will always look back with tremendous gratitude for having the privilege of playing as long as I did," Tulowitzki said, according to Adler. "There is no way to truly express my gratitude to the fans of Colorado, Toronto, and New York. They always made my family and I feel so welcome.

"I want to thank the Yankees organization and (general manager) Brian Cashman for giving me the opportunity to wear the Yankees uniform and live out another childhood dream. I wish that my health had allowed for a different ending to that chapter."

The 34-year-old Tulowitzki appeared in five All-Star Games, won two Gold Gloves and two Silver Sluggers, and received MVP consideration on six separate occasions during his career.

"While this chapter is now over, I look forward to continuing my involvement in the game that I love ... instructing and helping young players to achieve their goals and dreams," Tulowitzki continued.

"I'm saying goodbye to Major League Baseball, but I will never say goodbye (to) the game I love. Thanks again (to) all of you!"

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1802584

I remember when Toronto got Tulo, I was so pumped, as he was one of my favourite players, at that time. Too bad he never regain his old self.

It just seem like everything went downhill for him after he was traded to Toronto.

20 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

Why would it sicken you to trade Stroman? He’s not part of the rebuild, plus f**k that guy. 

Why do you say F*** that guy? I don’t care if they trade him... In fact I now believe that they’re so Sh**y that they’ll have to trade Vlad Jr before they’ll be good ie; another 15+ years.

Torres for Stro is a non-starter, but I think Frazier plus a top pitching prospect is certainly a reasonable ask, IMO.

The fact that the Red Sox have pounded Yankee pitching two games in a row, might just light a fire under Cashman.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Torres for Stro is a non-starter, but I think Frazier plus a top pitching prospect is certainly a reasonable ask, IMO.

The fact that the Red Sox have pounded Yankee pitching two games in a row, might just light a fire under Cashman.

No to frazier. Only will take him on if garcia comes back with him.