The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Also, although I like Jansen, the catcher's spot is an offensive black hole for the Jays. The might as well be in the NL with the pitcher still batting.

I say give Kirk more of a role and see how he handles the staff, instead of just assuming that he can't.

51 minutes ago, Tyndall2 said:

Good pitching beats good hitting most of the time.  And, the Jays just don't have those 2 aces who can mow down the opposition players when needed.  Also, time for our young guns to stop relying on their AAA league stats and start working hard on their defence, batting (not always swinging for the fences) and base running skills.  I agree with most that we need a top end slugger who is dependable, an ace pitcher and some additional players who can run.  

The team as a whole has to be better defensively, especially with the way the staff is constructed. Vladdy had major issues at 1B, and their outfield is terrible defensively. Gurriel's only been playing LF for a couple of years, Grichuk isn't a CF, and Teoscar is BRUTAL in RF.....and Fisher might never get his confidence back after the circus that he is out there. I thought it was bad a couple of years ago when he was camped under a fly ball and took it right in the mush, but this year (especially that game against the Yankees) he was even worse. Everyone has a bad game, but what's scary is that you could tell that he wanted no part of the ball being hit to him.....although I don't think he has a future with the team anyways. Davis might not be able to hit, but at least he looks like he's a good defender as a 4th outfielder/defensive replacement. Right now, they have Teoscar. Tellez, Vladdy and Kirk that should be DH's but only one DH spot. Teoscar seems like a good athlete, but he doesn't seem to have very good instincts and loses his concentration easily, because there's no way that a major league player/outfielder should drop as many routine balls as what I've seen him drop. 

58 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Also, although I like Jansen, the catcher's spot is an offensive black hole for the Jays. The might as well be in the NL with the pitcher still batting.

I say give Kirk more of a role and see how he handles the staff, instead of just assuming that he can't.

Agreed. And at least throwing to Kirk, you're getting a wide target to aim at.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I wonder if his name ever came up when they were talking about Stro....

...if so, it was a big opportunity missed....

I heard Clint Frazier was the guy come back, but the Jays wanted Sheffield.

9 hours ago, shiznak said:

I heard Clint Frazier was the guy come back, but the Jays wanted Sheffield.

I don't know if you recall, but Reggie and I had basically made that trade.

Frazier is pretty rough around the edges, but I felt he was worth the gamble, since we were basically giving up Stro for unknown assets at the time anyway.

On 10/9/2020 at 7:43 PM, Gollumpus said:

So the AL version of the "Evil Empire" has fallen, Now all I need is for Atlanta to beat LA and I'm good until next year.

regards,  G.

I would have agreed last season, but after learning the Astros cheated their way to a championship, I'm firmly on the Rays' bandwagon....

....but yes, lets go Braves!

Edited by RUPERTKBD

Go Dodgers. My Dodgers are going to have a tough series against the Braves, but hopefully their depth comes through and they beat them. And as much as part of me doesn't want to see those cheating prick Astros back in the World Series (not to mention I can't stand Dusty Baker), part of me would really Iove another shot at them. And if the Dodgers don't make it, then they have to seriously consider a managerial change. Can't have that amount of talent year after year, and not win it all at least once. 

Speaking of managers, can't believe what a great manager Kevin Cash is, and what that whole organization can do considering they're so limited financially. I'm lucky that I cheer for a team that can afford to keep their young players, rather than trading them away because you can't afford to keep them.

On 10/12/2020 at 10:17 PM, Drop Em said:

Go Dodgers. My Dodgers are going to have a tough series against the Braves, but hopefully their depth comes through and they beat them. And as much as part of me doesn't want to see those cheating prick Astros back in the World Series (not to mention I can't stand Dusty Baker), part of me would really Iove another shot at them. And if the Dodgers don't make it, then they have to seriously consider a managerial change. Can't have that amount of talent year after year, and not win it all at least once. 

Speaking of managers, can't believe what a great manager Kevin Cash is, and what that whole organization can do considering they're so limited financially. I'm lucky that I cheer for a team that can afford to keep their young players, rather than trading them away because you can't afford to keep them.

I miss Mookie Betts on the red sox guys got wheels like ichiro

16 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm going to guess that most people here were watching the Caps - San Jose, but if you missed tonight's WS game, you really missed something....

Ya I was watching the game last night,unreal how it finished. What a gaffe by the Dodgers at the bottom of the ninth  with a 2-2 count up by one.

I thought for sure LA were going up 3-1 in this series.

GO TAMPA

• Cheers 1

Just now, blaise said:

Ya I was watching the game last night,unreal how it finished. What a gaffe by the Dodgers at the bottom of the ninth  with a 2-2 count up by one.

I thought for sure LA were going up 3-1 in this series.

GO TAMPA

Arozarena was DOA, if Smith manages to come up with that ball. Unbelievable series of screw up that led to that walk off....

Looked pretty good on the Dodgers, if you ask me....