The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

It was late last night so you might of been sleeping ::D but here you go you asked for a signing :lol:

That one pitcher is Tyler Chatwood. Late Monday night, the Blue Jays agreed to terms with Chatwood on a one-year, $3-million deal that, as reported by colleague Shi Davidi, could be worth $5.5 million if the 31-year-old reaches certain incentives.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/blue-jays-betting-upside-spin-tyler-chatwood-signing/

Who? :huh:

This is MLB, the Bat Boy makes 3 million.....<_<

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/players/tyler-chatwood/456036

The part that sticks out  era above 5 in 2 of last 3 years

Out
  • Reason:
    Forearm
  • Estimated Return Date:
    2021-02-01
ROTOWIRE / Tue, Jan 19
News
Chatwood (forearm) signed a one-year, $3 million contract with the Blue Jays on Monday, Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports.
Impact
Chatwood will head to Toronto after spending the last three seasons with the Cubs. He finished with an ERA above 5.00 in two of his last three seasons with Chicago, starting 25 contests over that stretch. Chatwood is expected to be used out of the bullpen while in Toronto, per Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca, but he can also be used as a starter if needed. The deal could reach $5.5 million based on incentives.

1 minute ago, gurn said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/players/tyler-chatwood/456036

The part that sticks out  era above 5 in 2 of last 3 years

Out
  • Reason:
    Forearm
  • Estimated Return Date:
    2021-02-01
ROTOWIRE / Tue, Jan 19
News
Chatwood (forearm) signed a one-year, $3 million contract with the Blue Jays on Monday, Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports.
Impact
Chatwood will head to Toronto after spending the last three seasons with the Cubs. He finished with an ERA above 5.00 in two of his last three seasons with Chicago, starting 25 contests over that stretch. Chatwood is expected to be used out of the bullpen while in Toronto, per Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca, but he can also be used as a starter if needed. The deal could reach $5.5 million based on incentives.

I 100% guarantee that I could post an ERA over 5.00 next season......and I would do it for 2 million.....

@Ross Atkins: Call me....

• Haha 1

I'd get the first batter out, poor guy would be looking at the ball coming in, scratching himself, sneezing, waving to the crowd, saying hello to mama; and just before the ball finally reaches the plate, it drops into the dirt causing a swing and a miss.

Edited by gurn
  • Cheers 1

Personally, I would have just thrown the money at Bauer, and rolled with LGJ, Grich, Teo, and Biggio as the outfielders. Maybe sign Jackie Bradley Jr. as insurance. 

Technically, they can still sign Bauer, but the Jays need more help in their starting rotation than at the plate. 

Edited by shiznak
  • Upvote 1