The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

Jays win.

Vladdy is going to be the franchises best ever player.

Super patient at the plate and getting better and better at first base.

Need Bigio to get  those throws up though as Vlad can't dig them all out of the dirt.

Winning without Springer and a pile of other guys is good to see.

• Upvote 1

Jays win the game, but lose a starting pitcher to a possible quad strain. Ryu left in the 3rd or 4th.

27 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I am soooo tired of watching men left on base with Danny Jansen at the plate.... His OBP is below the Mendoza line FFS....<_<

Is he really the best we can do?

Danny's offense is not good at all, but he does do well behind the plate.

Yes, it would be nice to have a catcher that is good at both O and D; perhaps a trade can be worked out with some team.

With Springer and Teoscar almost ready to play, a fielder and  a catcher, not neccessarily Jansen, could be moved to upgrade?

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Jays win the game, but lose a starting pitcher to a possible quad strain. Ryu left in the 3rd or 4th.

Danny's offense is not good at all, but he does do well behind the plate.

Yes, it would be nice to have a catcher that is good at both O and D; perhaps a trade can be worked out with some team.

With Springer and Teoscar almost ready to play, a fielder and  a catcher, not neccessarily Jansen, could be moved to upgrade?

I think they're hoping to speed up Kirk's development.  He's definitely getting more starts than a traditional back up now.  I'm just wondering if that's too much to ask too early of him.

• Upvote 1

The sound of the bat hitting the ball, you know it is gone, everyone knows it's gone. Question becomes how far outta here is it? Beyond the scoreboard in center field, when I lost sight of it. Waiting for Buck or Tabby to tell me the distance on that one.

Vladdy hits a grand slam in the 3rd inning, only the 3rd slam Scherzer has given up in his career.

Gives the Jays a 4-3 lead.

415 feet according to sportsnet.

Edited by gurn

Tim & Friends put an interesting couple of ideas.

Purists will hate the hell out of it, but I find them interesting.

- 7 inning baseball. 

- Every second Monday off for the whole season. 

- Speeds up the games. 

- Gives more rest for the players during a long season. 

14 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Tim & Friends put an interesting couple of ideas.

Purists will hate the hell out of it, but I find them interesting.

- 7 inning baseball. 

- Every second Monday off for the whole season. 

- Speeds up the games. 

- Gives more rest for the players during a long season.

i don't hate it.

7 inning games should mean that teams don't need to carry so many relievers, which should translate to an extra bat or two on the bench. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to see managers with extra tools for scoring runs, rather than extra tools for preventing them...

BTW: George Springer is scheduled to DH tonight against the Nats....

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, shiznak said:

Freeman and Rizzo, two of the most likeable guys in baseball, just having fun.

:lol: @ Rizzo shaking off the catcher multiple times.... how many pitches do you have, bro?

I watched that first pitch and right away the Bob Uecker "Juuuuust a little outside" call from Major league popped into my head....:lol:

Hate to throw a damper on things after what was an impressive comeback last night, but Springer was obviously favoring that quad as he circled the bases on both of those dingers.

The fact that he hit them at all shows that they're better off with him in the lineup, but it's pretty scary having to worry about him aggravating the injury every time he has to actually run the bases in earnest.

Also pretty disappointing to see Kirk have to leave the game....Jansen last night officially tied the Blue Jays record for longest hitless streak and I have zero doubt that he'll own it outright after his next plate appearance.