The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

11 hours ago, Down by the River said:

This is why Alf is basically the only person on this forum I have blocked. 

Here’s some slippers to keep your toes snuggly warm while watching a Jay’s game and eating Crackerjacks:

image.jpeg.5ab03056fbc2941d9c336c5b2ccb74a9.jpeg

Edited by Alflives

11 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm pretty sure I saw online that JB's ERA is 108 right now....:unsure:

yeah that was an ugly start, but he looked pretty relaxed after they bailed him out. Last nights game is huge for the rotation, they can go in knowing they can be bailed out of anything. 

• Cheers 1

Given the 10 runs the Blue Jays put up, I'm starting my pitching training as of tomorrow.

With a few years of intense practice I might be able to hold the opposition to 6-9 runs, and eke out a win as well.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Given the 10 runs the Blue Jays put up, I'm starting my pitching training as of tomorrow.

With a few years of intense practice I might be able to hold the opposition to 6-9 runs, and eke out a win as well.

I was jokingly asking a friend if we had kept the receipt on the Berrios trade after his performance last night :lol: I’m still rather stunned we pulled that comeback off. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, gurn said:

The old baseball joke goes, "Want your kid to be able to support you in your old age? Teach him to throw left handed."

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The old baseball joke goes, "Want your kid to be able to support you in your old age? Teach him to throw left handed."

I am a lefty, looking good for me:), other than starting at age 57:(

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, gurn said:

Just for giggles I looked up Jamie Moyer-a left handed pitcher that played till he was 49.

Perfect example. Same as Dan Plesac. Guys who hung around several years longer than they should have, just because they were lefties.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Jays have second best odds of making world series before the season started. This yr will be fun to watch I think. 

Some pretty encouraging things about the season so far....2 wins after one terrible and one decent start from the top of the rotation.....Lots of runs scored, with zero contribution from Chapman and Biggio so far.....

Which begs the question: How much longer before you toss the righty-lefty thing out the window and give Tiago the starting spot at 2nd?

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Like 1