The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Jays need better pitchers.  Up 6-1 and a couple innings later losing 8-6.  

Yes this exactly. 

I've been saying for couple weeks. Need better pitching. 

In hockey terms it's like the Leafs. Lots of high offense talent but no star goalie or defensive D.

Need pitching to win in playoffs. 

Must be a Toronto thing..

Love the Jay's. Hope they make a run this year. I plan on going to Toronto for a month or two this summer and going to a bunch of Jay's games while I'm there. Should be fun.. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

From a hockey point of view, it’d be as if the team with the puck always moved the puck in their defensive zone and tried to prevent the opposing team from scoring. So you’d need to have really good d-men along with a great goalie. Having a good offence doesn’t matter all that much. But obviously, hockey doesn’t work this way, so you can’t really compare the two 

Anyway, I’m definitely pulling for the Jays, but they have a reputation for being more or less the MLB’s farm team. They rarely keep an overall good roster of players. In recent times they’ve had a more solid clubhouse, but they just lost Steven Matz and Cy Young winner Robbie Ray

Semien was also good at defence. I haven’t been following baseball enough but losing such a good shortstop sounds pretty bad

Hoping they have a good season

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Yes this exactly. 

I've been saying for couple weeks. Need better pitching. 

In hockey terms it's like the Leafs. Lots of high offense talent but no star goalie or defensive D.

Need pitching to win in playoffs. 

Must be a Toronto thing..

Love the Jay's. Hope they make a run this year. I plan on going to Toronto for a month or two this summer and going to a bunch of Jay's games while I'm there. Should be fun.. 

On paper, the Jays have the best rotation in the AL East. Their bullpen is a bit of a question mark, but Garica, Richards, Mayza, and Romero (the high leverage guys), have looked good so far.

I’m not worried about the pitching. It’s only their first start, with a shorten spring training. If you look around the league, a lot of high quality pitchers got roughed up on opening day/first start. Cole, Woodruff, Fried, Burnes, Pivetta, Freddy Peralta.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Funny day yesterday.....I was about to log in and predict a Jays' loss, because they were in position to sweep a bunch of times last year and failed to close the deal. Got caught up in a project, checked Sportsnet and they're up big....so I'm thinking, "glad I didn't predict that loss....how dumb would that have looked?" :lol:

BTW: Totally agree with Shizzy. The shortened spring training affects starting pitchers far more than any other position. Just hope that Manoah maintains his Yankee Stadium mojo....

• Haha 1