The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

I am not impressed with John Gibbons management of this situation. Zaun and Tabler were playing good cocop/bad cop after the game. There was no need to lift Dickey with his pitch count only at 76 and probably good into the 90s.

I can see potentially giving Price some work as that was only his 2nd appearance in a game in something like 15 days and his game 1 layoff was way too long, but not an appearance as early as it was.

Potentially the only thing it does for the Blue Jays, if they win on Wednesday, is set Price up as the starter on Friday with 3 days' rest or Saturday with 4 days' rest.[

quote name=oldnews" post="12995102" timestamp="1444693410]

Maybe that's what crafty o' Gibby is thinking - this way he doesn't have to use Price, who hasn't matched up great against this club - and the decision is 'out of his hands' now...

I'm actually more confident in Stroman than Price for game 5. Glad he's starting. Anyone else?

Honestly.... Yes, not that I dont have faith in Price, but Stroman has just been so good. (He derserved to win game 2)

Can't wait to record the game, do my best to ignore all game updates while at work, then catch up on the action in the early afternoon.

Stroman %100 deserves to start game 5. He's been the ace so far. He wasn't without issues, but sorted them out early and pitched a great game 2.

You've got to think if Estrada was ready he would be chosen over Stroman.

Can't wait to record the game, do my best to ignore all game updates while at work, then catch up on the action in the early afternoon.

Stroman %100 deserves to start game 5. He's been the ace so far. He wasn't without issues, but sorted them out early and pitched a great game 2.

You've got to think if Estrada was ready he would be chosen over Stroman.

If you have them, don't forget to remove alerts from your phone. Burned me once, never again.

It is hard to get excited about watching early season hockey after witnessing some of these baseball games. You never know when you will see something like this happen again for the Blue Jays.

Can they please just lose already? Then we can hear more hockey talk. On Melmac we spit on that which we don't like to hear about. I spit on baseball, football, basketball (gets two - no three spits), and ? You choose that sport to spit on. :)

Edited by bobo

Gallardo has had the Jays' number, but Hamels is an equal, or better pitcher.

As a Jays fan though, I think you have to be a little relieved by that news, at least.

I don't to get too deep here. But I think Gallardo's style of throwing off the plate, works well against offensive teams like the Jays.....BUT now that they have just played him they can adapt to him.....be more patient...deep counts...

Hamels is a legitimate ace. When you got a WS MVP you play him....its why they traded for him.