The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

1 hour ago, TheHitman said:

Dickey has been unbearable to watch this season. Anyone know what's wrong with Osuna?

Gibbon said he has a leg injury, they are resting him. Storen guy is the reliever for now.

13 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

That's not what I was suggesting. Martins approach for a long time now since last year is go up there and try to hit a home run and be the hero, like the other guys EE, Bautista, Donaldson. What I was writing about is I am finally seeing him take the approach of just trying to hit a good pitch and drive it up the middle or in the gap, instead of swinging for the fences. Let the other guys I wrote do the home runs, because they are more capable of doing it, but as long as Martin doesn't think like that and uses the approach that he has been doing lately he will be a much better batter.

Sorry Chuck. I didn't mean to imply anything about your post. What I meant was that Martin in a sac fly situation was in a perfect spot to build some confidence. All he needed to do was focus on getting the ball in the air.

However, in a previous game, Gibby sent him out there to try and win the game with a base hit, when the percentage play was to have Carrera pinch hit for him and sacrifice the winning run to third with one out.

Edited by RUPERTKBD

8 hours ago, YummyCakeFace said:

I find Dickey unbearable to watch ANY season. He was pretty good down the stretch last season but overall, pretty frustrating to watch. 

It's the lot of having a knuckleballer in the rotation.

Red Sox fans used to feel exactly the same way about Tim Wakefield. Only 3 seasons with an ERA under 4.00, a record of just over .500, but still managed to hang on for 17 seasons in Boston. Why? because his 162 game average over those seasons was 201 innings.

Fans may not be impressed by innings pitched as a stat, but rest assured, professional baseball franchises are.

Congrats to Bartolo Colon for hitting the first dinger of his 19 year career yesterday, a no-doubter (okay, there was some doubt) to left field off of James Shields of the Padres.

The feat raised Colon's career numbers to an impressive 092/.099/.114. (Impressive for 42 year-old pitcher, who looks like the Michelin Man after a weekend bender)

I think Al Michaels said it best: "Do you believe in miracles?!"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Omg Storen is so bad.  I don't like Gibbons decision to bring him in, in a one run game. 

Marco was on fire today so I would've kept him in until the 8th until if he started giving up hits. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Omg Storen is so bad.  I don't like Gibbons decision to bring him in, in a one run game. 

I understand what Storen is supposed to be for this team but he is struggling big time and Gibbons is doing a very poor job managing this team. Absolutely no reason for Storen to come in the game over Floyd. Floyd should have gotten the 8th and Osuna the 9th. Give Storen no pressure situations until he finds his game again! Why the heck are you putting out one of your pitchers struggling the most in a one run lead in the 8th!?

• Upvote 2

Someone in here posted about Marty York a few pages back. Well yesterday I responded to his tweets. I'd post what he wrote back to me, but I don't want to get banned from CDC. 

Oh oh he actually deleted the tweet. 

Edited by gmen81

2 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Someone in here posted about Marty York a few pages back. Well yesterday I responded to his tweets. I'd post what he wrote back to me, but I don't want to get banned from CDC. 

Oh oh he actually deleted the tweet. 

It's so bad it almost seems like a parody twitter account.

On May 8, 2016 at 2:12 PM, flickyoursedin said:

I understand what Storen is supposed to be for this team but he is struggling big time and Gibbons is doing a very poor job managing this team. Absolutely no reason for Storen to come in the game over Floyd. Floyd should have gotten the 8th and Osuna the 9th. Give Storen no pressure situations until he finds his game again! Why the heck are you putting out one of your pitchers struggling the most in a one run lead in the 8th!?

Personally I think Gibbons comes off like a pretty good guy. I like the personality but not the decisions. I get frustrated with him when he keeps trying to put square pegs into round holes. Couldn't agree with you more. Let Storen try and get his game back in low impact situations but NOT when it's a one run game and you have an opportunity to win a series. Its almost like some managers have this archaic way of thinking where player A goes in this situation and player B goes in that situation but when a unique situation presents itself, they can't stray from the handbook. 

On 5/8/2016 at 9:37 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Sorry Chuck. I didn't mean to imply anything about your post. What I meant was that Martin in a sac fly situation was in a perfect spot to build some confidence. All he needed to do was focus on getting the ball in the air.

However, in a previous game, Gibby sent him out there to try and win the game with a base hit, when the percentage play was to have Carrera pinch hit for him and sacrifice the winning run to third with one out.

Gotcha! Kind of took it as you were implying he was put into that position, when of course it kind of just happened. But I totally understand what you mean how that can also help boost someone's confidence easily. 

Never saw the play that you're talking about, so not sure about the situation. If Martin was put in to pinch hit over Carrera then I would argue for sure that would be stupid. But if Martin was already in the game catching, hard to take him out and have Thole be your catcher if the game is tied and continues on. I bet if Navarro was still here that move may of been made for sure.