The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

18 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I still don't see why we don't have an MLB team the fan support is there, looking at how many Canadians are in Seattle on a Weekday just shows, Vancouver/Lower Mainland needs an MLB team the support is there.

BC Place has/d a horrible reputation as a baseball stadium after a Seattle player (super star whose name escapes me) ripped up his knee in an exhibition. Also the new scoreboard would need to be moved.

Who would have the money to build a true baseball park, and buy/relocate a team?

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

BC Place has/d a horrible reputation as a baseball stadium after a Seattle player (super star whose name escapes me) ripped up his knee in an exhibition. Also the new scoreboard would need to be moved.

Who would have the money to build a true baseball park, and buy/relocate a team?

That was Edgar Martinez...was actually at that game way back when.

11 minutes ago, gurn said:

Yeah I know about BC Place that's why they can't have exhibition games there from the scoreboard. Who has money to build anything? There are people with money they just want the fan support first, I believe the fan base is here for it. Personally I would like to see the Stadium built in the Langley area, more central for everyone.