The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolaj Ehlers

S N Y P E R S 7

1510926_10152390922091435_85130575822915

Just for you Virtanen/Ehlers critics out there; this image is one from the BMO TPG.

Ehlers' frame isn't petite.

.... looks pretty small to me

Considering Virtanen is 6ft 1 and 208 and Ehlers is almost exactly 6ft and 176 I would say the photo looks pretty accurate.

There are the two fastest men in the CHL. Wish we could have them both.

Did you watch tonights game?

Desharnais' saver?

Tell that to desharnais, he's totally being dominated out there.

Did you watch the game prior where he did nothing?

Did you mention Gerbe as a good example?

Anyway, Ehlers' frame isn't big. He just won't be a big player. He'll be a small skilled player. Good luck to him in that role, probably out east.

Ehlers isn't even the same size as Desharnais or Gerbe. He is just under 6' . and weighs about 172lbs.

Shinkaruk was about the same size at his draft year and weighed 175lbs, nobody was saying he was a bust when we drafted him.

Anyway, Ehlers' frame isn't big. He just won't be a big player. He'll be a small skilled player. Good luck to him in that role, probably out east.

Desharnais is having a pretty solid playoffs and he's only one of quite a few this year.

Daniel Sedin is only one inch taller and 12lbs heavier than Ehlers is now, but I guess we shouldn't have drafted him either right?

Desharnais is having a pretty solid playoffs and he's only one of quite a few this year.

Daniel Sedin is only one inch taller and 12lbs heavier than Ehlers is now, but I guess we shouldn't have drafted him either right?

Ehlers is 1 1/4 inches shorter than Daniel and only 9 pounds lighter, and he is barely 18 . He is going to be almost as tall and heavier than Danny and about 3 times as fast.

As of ten days ago anyways , when Wiki was updated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolaj_Ehlers

Ehlers isn't even the same size as Desharnais or Gerbe. He is just under 6' . and weighs about 172lbs.

Shinkaruk was about the same size at his draft year and weighed 175lbs, nobody was saying he was a bust when we drafted him.

Yeah well we already have a smallish skilled winger. We could use a bigger skilled winger ya know... some one who can fight

Yeah well we already have a smallish skilled winger. We could use a bigger skilled winger ya know... some one who can fight

Cant you read? The guy is no longer 'small' . Nobody calls Bennett 'small' and hes 6ft 182 pounds and is projected to go 3rd overall. Nobody calls Mac Kinnon small even though hes almost the exact same size as Ehlers.

This is getting ridiculous. You guys have been reduced to lying full time to make a point anymore. Your posts are either the same horse crap that was proven wrong 10 -20 pages ago or personal attacks in attempts to troll. Nobody has made an honest point against Ehlers in quite a while.

Look. Nobody begrudges folks for wanting Ritchie or Virtanen, but lets stop with the lying and trolling Ehlers to try to make your prospects look better.

I agree,. East in the khl. This is too small of an example to say oh look at the Habs using their speed on the bruins. What the Habs have we don't, an elite goalie in Carey price and subban, an all star goalie and dman we don't have. Also those small players that are putting up a dog fight against the big bad bruins are Canadian players not picked with high draft picks. So I strongly do not favor drafting a undersized European winger with a 6th pick

I agree,. East in the khl. This is too small of an example to say oh look at the Habs using their speed on the bruins. What the Habs have we don't, an elite goalie in Carey price and subban, an all star goalie and dman we don't have. Also those small players that are putting up a dog fight against the big bad bruins are Canadian players not picked with high draft picks. So I strongly do not favor drafting a undersized European winger with a 6th pick

Ehlers isn't small so how is the Desharnias comparison even relevant either way?

42 posts? how many accounts do you have? Smashian, Absent Canuck,

dude... i am not either of them, you should just accept that more then one person think we should draft ehlers, why would i have multiple accounts anyways whats the point of that?

Shinkaruk was 24th overall, not 6th.

Going for the bigger guy here is insurance. If Virtanen, Ehlers or Ritchie only turn out to be 3rd liners, we won't have water the pick on someone who can't play the role.

Doesn't matter anyway, MDC will fall to us. I'm confident.

dude... i am not either of them, you should just accept that more then one person think we should draft ehlers, why would i have multiple accounts anyways whats the point of that?

Yup. Canucks.com is once again divided between 2 players. Last year it was the goalie debate now it's between ritchie and ehlers.

Stamkos was 5'11" 176 lbs when he was drafted at age 18. Ehlers is a Stamkos sized guy.

I like Ehlers a lot. High hockey IQ, seriously skilled, legit-NHL speed. I believe that outside of the top-5 and Nylander, he has the most skill. However, in my opinion Ehlers is more likely to succeed in the NHL than Nylander.

Time will tell though.

Outside of the top-5, he'd be my pick.

Archived