The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canuck player need for next season - poll

grandmaster

Greatest team need for next season  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I put this poll out to see what you guys think is the Canuck priority.

This team needs a lot of work and I hope the new GM and Linden can fill the holes.

We have been searching for a top 6 player to for too many years due to failed experiments like Booth.

We need a number one goalie now that Cory and Lui are both gone. There is no way this team is competitive with the back ups we currently have.

We need a tough guy that can play. Our players need protection and deterrence from idiots running our stars. The last real tough guy who could play was Rypien (rest in piece). Sestito is a horrible player and has never won a convincing fight against the other team tough guys (he should not be in the NHL).

I think our D is ok and should be looked at as a final approach once all the above is taken care of.

Very easy. We've needed a top 6 forward for about 4 years now.

Fighters are useless. Who cares about that. No one.

We could use an experienced goalie as well.

I totally disagree with your comment in the fighter aspect. Other teams take too many liberties at our stars, look at Daniel last night as an example. Rypien was feared by everyone. He was a gem. Rypein was also a very good player, he was fast and had some skill. Sestito has been a below average fighter and a terrible player with the puck

I totally disagree with your comment in the fighter aspect. Other teams take too many liberties at our stars, look at Daniel last night as an example. Rypien was feared by everyone. He was a gem. Rypein was also a very good player, he was fast and had some skill. Sestito has been a below average fighter and a terrible player with the puck

If we had Getzlaf/Perry sized stars, we wouldn't have to worry about getting a fighter. In this day and age, enforcers are dying out

In regards to Perry or Getslaf, we unfortunately don't have that kind of player and if we were able to get something like this, by all means. The hard part is that a star player that can fight/show deterrence is more difficult to acquire. Another good example what you are suggesting would be Igilna.

No matter what fans think Don Cherry still knows what it takes. His comment the other night about Van

drafting another big forward like Kassian is what is needed. He had very positive comments about

Kassian's development. Kassian, Mathias, Sestito all have decent size. All have decent speed.

PMD, definitely.

Then centers. Lots of centers. More durable and two-way abled, the better.

But at this point I think it's more a matter of figuring out who needs to go, not who we should bring in.

1. Booth - $4mil 3rd liner? See ya.

2. Edler - Get faster or you're out.

3. Bieksa and Garrison - Tough decisions need to be made.

4. Burrows - Wow, really? Nice knowin' ya.

5. Weber and Alberts - SEE ya.

6. Higgins and Hansen - Peakage.

7. Kassian and Jensen - On notice.

8. Schroeder - See ya.

9. Santo - See ya.

10. Sestito - Shouldn't see the ice.

11. Dalpe - See ya.

If the bulk of these players are kept, then we're in the hunt for McDavid. Simple as that.

In regards to Perry or Getslaf, we unfortunately don't have that kind of player and if we were able to get something like this, by all means. The hard part is that a star player that can fight/show deterrence is more difficult to acquire. Another good example what you are suggesting would be Igilna.

Kassian says hello .. I believe he will be an elite power forward within 2 years and he would hurt Jarome in a fight, unless Jarome got to throw the first punch, as usual.

I have a hard time voting in this poll.

I think our biggest need is a PP QB/PMD but that doesn't need to be a top 4 necessarily IMHO.

Weber has actually grown on me.......I'm not sure he can be that guy, but I think the potential is there if they manage him correctly.

PMD, definitely.

Then centers. Lots of centers. More durable and two-way abled, the better.

But at this point I think it's more a matter of figuring out who needs to go, not who we should bring in.

1. Booth - $4mil 3rd liner? See ya.

2. Edler - Get faster or you're out.

3. Bieksa and Garrison - Tough decisions need to be made.

4. Burrows - Wow, really? Nice knowin' ya.

5. Weber and Alberts - SEE ya.

6. Higgins and Hansen - Peakage.

7. Kassian and Jensen - On notice.

8. Schroeder - See ya.

9. Santo - See ya.

10. Sestito - Shouldn't see the ice.

11. Dalpe - See ya.

If the bulk of these players are kept, then we're in the hunt for McDavid. Simple as that.

this post demonstrates why kids shouldnt do drugs

Our top 6 scored 85 goals this year.

Boston 137. Chicago 160. Enough said.

All of our other positions would look so much better if the guys that are paid to score could actually do their jobs effectively.

Truth is aside from Henrik, Kesler and Higgins who should be on our 3rd line we stunk and need to be revamped.

Probably wouldn't hurt if our coach let the lines have some consistency and paid attention to ozone starts and offensive systems.

Archived