The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draisaitl vs Dal Colle

JohnLocke

197 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Draisaitl seems like he might be the most mature player of the high draft picks after the combine interviews. He's got that quiet, never quit demeanour and he seems to be one of the few who understands that he still has a long way to go to get to the NHL, regardless of how insanely talented he is.

Dal Colle also seems very "with it". In his interview he said he actually liked getting yelled at during the wingate for some added motivation. Again, seems like he's got a high compete level and knows he's going to succeed on hard work, not just talent.

Canucks should be very happy if they get either.

I hope either moron in Alberta bites on Ritchie, leaving us with one of the two mentioned in the OP.

Maybe Edmonton might grab Fleury with their pick, assuming Florida takes Eckblad we only need one off the board selection in the top 5 to make things mighty interesting for Vcr :P

Actually a lot of Canucks fans are having Ehler boners. So actually a lot the crazies will actually prefer Ehlers who has Bure's speed and Naslund's skill set. (Which is not even true btw, it's not even close)

Ehlers at 11. nice. Hope this is a good reference to canucks fans that using a 6th pick on this kid is really not worth it, and will be considered extremely dangerous move.

And Virtanen and Ritchie are only 1-2 spots away from him. So guess we shouldn't draft them too (which honestly, I really hope we don't do).

I would take Dal Colle for the following reasons:

- He has a pro-level shot and release and doesn't need much time or space to get it off and into the net.
- He has fast hands and can dangle in close.
- He has decent speed which he can build on as he develops.
- He's currently 6'2 - 170. We could be looking at 6'3 - 6'4 and 190-200 lbs if he continues to grow, as he is only 17.
- Overall, I think his big frame and ability as a catch-and-release sniper with a pro shot translates well from Jr. to the NHL.

I would take Dal Colle for the following reasons:

- He has a pro-level shot and release and doesn't need much time or space to get it off and into the net.

- He has fast hands and can dangle in close.

- He has decent speed which he can build on as he develops.

- He's currently 6'2 - 170. We could be looking at 6'3 - 6'4 and 190-200 lbs if he continues to grow, as he is only 17.

- Overall, I think his big frame and ability as a catch-and-release sniper with a pro shot translates well from Jr. to the NHL.

Agreed on every point about MDC, except taking him over Leon. I can't see a single quality MDC has that Leon doesn't top except for speed (and that seems more like the style of the players than raw capability because Draisaitl can turn on the jets.)

Draisaitl just seems to have every tool under the sun. I'm honestly shocked more people aren't going nuts over this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkR-F14cK1Y

But my big reason for choosing Leon is the following: Lots of players can use their speed or vision to find space at the junior level. But when defenders get their act together in the pros, this can really hamper their ability to make plays. Leon doesn't need to find space, he makes space. You see him regularly stickhandling in the goal mouth with 3 guys batting away at his stick and he barely seems to notice. He has a great shot, even in tight, whether its a quick backhand, one timer or wrister. His speed is surprisingly good but he seems to favour keeping his legs under him for balance. He is built to step right into NHL hockey and he's only going to get better, MUCH better with some decent players on his wing.

I just hope no one drafting before us realizes this :ph34r:

Agreed on every point about MDC, except taking him over Leon. I can't see a single quality MDC has that Leon doesn't top except for speed (and that seems more like the style of the players than raw capability because Draisaitl can turn on the jets.)

Draisaitl just seems to have every tool under the sun. I'm honestly shocked more people aren't going nuts over this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkR-F14cK1Y

But my big reason for choosing Leon is the following: Lots of players can use their speed or vision to find space at the junior level. But when defenders get their act together in the pros, this can really hamper their ability to make plays. Leon doesn't need to find space, he makes space. You see him regularly stickhandling in the goal mouth with 3 guys batting away at his stick and he barely seems to notice. He has a great shot, even in tight, whether its a quick backhand, one timer or wrister. His speed is surprisingly good but he seems to favour keeping his legs under him for balance. He is built to step right into NHL hockey and he's only going to get better, MUCH better with some decent players on his wing.

I just hope no one drafting before us realizes this :ph34r:

I totally agree with you. The fact that so very little of us are a bit excited of him being number 6 shows the lack of research a lot of us have put in, in researching the prospects. I'm not saying waste our days away looking at it. I don't even think anyone remember that Leon was ranked number 2 at the January ISS rankings behind Bennet. Remember that guys?

according to Hfboards.com of fans who's seen him play, they literally have nothing but extremely postiive things to say. I will like to kindly point out he also has more points then a certain Danish winger, which automatically makes him better. Right :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot:

The Oil are taking Draisaitl :sadno:

I would personally take Draisaitl over Reinhart....AFter Ekblad tho.

Anyone who dosn't take Ekblad with the first pick is just looney. He is pretty much a surefire future top 4, possible top pairing all-star defenceman.

The Oil are taking Draisaitl :sadno:

I would personally take Draisaitl over Reinhart....AFter Ekblad tho.

Anyone who dosn't take Ekblad with the first pick is just looney. He is pretty much a surefire future top 4, possible top pairing all-star defenceman.

That is the problem. He's so good that it's hard for other teams to be blind enough to favour Dal Colle or Bennett over him. Still, we can hope

I'm sure Rienhart would be the first choice of JB but after that I have to believe Draisaitl would be their second choice...if he's there. At 6'1/209 as an 18 year old he fits the mould of what Benning and Linden are selling. As one scout ( THN prospect magazine ) stated .

Draisaitl will be in the NHL , for sure next season.

Draisaitl hands down. Just imagine what he could do if he didn't have to do it all himself. He had to be beast mode to carry his team and he shows he can.

Dal Colle and his chemistry with Cassells is great as well.

I wish one of them slips to 6.. Come on Burke.. go off the board again.

http://www.canucksarmy.com/2014/6/10/who-should-vancouver-draft-spoilers-it-s-sam-reinhart

While Sam Reinhart is the focus of this piece, Draisaitl's name is also hovering near the top of that extremely impressive list of draft picks. Dal Colle isn't even close. Just two different leagues in terms of production, and when you factor size, physicality and defensive play, it only puts more emphasis on the gap between the two's potential.

Archived