The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draisaitl vs Dal Colle

JohnLocke

197 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Draisaitl will go top-4. Could be wrong. Dal Colle is more likely to fall to us.

I see a lot of Kopitar and H. Sedin in Draisaitl, while Dal Colle is more Mike Richards.

Can't go wrong with either pick, but the xenophobe in me says 'Take the Canuck!'

Esp. when we have Cassels. Makes a bit of sense.

The latest april ISS top 30 has Draisatil in our #6 spot!

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=114013

1. SAM REINHART C 6'1 186 R 11/6/95 Kootenay WHL

2. AARON EKBLAD D 6'4 216 R 2/7/96 Barrie OHL

3. MICHAEL DAL COLLE F 6'2 184 L 6/20/96 Oshawa OHL

4. SAM BENNETT LW 6'0 178 L 6/20/96 Kingston OHL

5. WILLIE NYLANDER C 5'11 169 R 5/1/95 Rogle SweAI

6. LEON DRAISAITL C 6'1 199 L 10/27/95 Prince Albert WHL

7. BRENDAN PERLINI LW 6'2 205 L 4/27/96 Niagara OHL

8. ALEX TUCH RW 6'3 213 R 5/10/96 USA Under-18 NTDP

9. NICK RITCHIE F 6'2 218 L 12/5/95 Peterborough OHL

10. JAKE VIRTANEN LW 6'1 213 R 8/17/96 Calgary WHL

11. NIKOLAJ EHLERS F 5'11 162 L 2/13/96 Halifax QMJHL

12. HAYDN FLEURY D 6'3 207 L 7/8/96 Red Deer WHL

Why is this even a thread? 99% of us would take either of them, if one is available at 6th slot.

Actually a lot of Canucks fans are having Ehler boners. So actually a lot the crazies will actually prefer Ehlers who has Bure's speed and Naslund's skill set. (Which is not even true btw, it's not even close)

The latest april ISS top 30 has Draisatil in our #6 spot!

http://www.tsn.ca/dr...ture/?id=114013

1. SAM REINHART C 6'1 186 R 11/6/95 Kootenay WHL

2. AARON EKBLAD D 6'4 216 R 2/7/96 Barrie OHL

3. MICHAEL DAL COLLE F 6'2 184 L 6/20/96 Oshawa OHL

4. SAM BENNETT LW 6'0 178 L 6/20/96 Kingston OHL

5. WILLIE NYLANDER C 5'11 169 R 5/1/95 Rogle SweAI

6. LEON DRAISAITL C 6'1 199 L 10/27/95 Prince Albert WHL

7. BRENDAN PERLINI LW 6'2 205 L 4/27/96 Niagara OHL

8. ALEX TUCH RW 6'3 213 R 5/10/96 USA Under-18 NTDP

9. NICK RITCHIE F 6'2 218 L 12/5/95 Peterborough OHL

10. JAKE VIRTANEN LW 6'1 213 R 8/17/96 Calgary WHL

11. NIKOLAJ EHLERS F 5'11 162 L 2/13/96 Halifax QMJHL

12. HAYDN FLEURY D 6'3 207 L 7/8/96 Red Deer WHL

Ehlers at 11. nice. Hope this is a good reference to canucks fans that using a 6th pick on this kid is really not worth it, and will be considered extremely dangerous move.

Actually a lot of Canucks fans are having Ehler boners. So actually a lot the crazies will actually prefer Ehlers who has Bure's speed and Naslund's skill set. (Which is not even true btw, it's not even close)

Ehlers at 11. nice. Hope this is a good reference to canucks fans that using a 6th pick on this kid is really not worth it, and will be considered extremely dangerous move.

Nah they'll refuse to accept he's anything less than Kane and Ennis

Yeah no Ehlers please. God I hope Leon drops to us. I have no idea why you would take Nylander over him but thanks for dropping his value ISS! We sure do hate when you guys say bad things about Shinkaruk, Horvat and Gaunce, dropping them down for little old us. :)

Dal Colle. We won't have a shot at him because he will go top 4. Why is he better than Draisaitl?

1. Dal Colle had better PPG as a 17 year old -- Dal Colle 95 points in 67 games vs Draisaitl who had 71 points in 64 games

2. Dal Colle is taller and likely to gain weight

3. Dal Colle is 6 months younger

4. Dal Colle was/is better during this year's playoffs

A difference between the two. MDC's Generals are still in the playoffs and he the 3rd leading scorer in the OHL playoffs. Draisaitl's Raiders were swept and got 3 points in those 4 losses.

So if Pittsburgh gets swept, then I guess RJ Umberger > Crosby, since Umberger advanced and Crosby didn't? It's ridiculous to even try and compare the WHL to the OHL. WHL is much more defense oriented and it's harder to get points in.

Dal Colle. We won't have a shot at him because he will go top 4. Why is he better than Draisaitl?

1. Dal Colle had better PPG as a 17 year old -- Dal Colle 95 points in 67 games vs Draisaitl who had 71 points in 64 games

2. Dal Colle is taller and likely to gain weight

3. Dal Colle is 6 months younger

4. Dal Colle was/is better during this year's playoffs

1. OHL and WHL

2. Half an inch isn't going to make a difference.

3. Big whoop, some players get better earlier.

4. OHL and WHL

1. OHL and WHL

2. Half an inch isn't going to make a difference.

3. Big whoop, some players get better earlier.

4. OHL and WHL

Are you saying the WHL is a better league than the OHL?

He is at least a half inch bigger but more importantly he is 25 pounds lighter. If Dal Colle fills out (which is likely given his height), his productions will go through the roof.

You are drastically under-estimating the value that 6 months has. Dal Colle is still in high school he has to do school work between games and practices vs Draisaitl who graduated high school last year in his free time he can skate more, workout more, study the game more, etc.

If you are going to compare Draisaitl to Dal Colle why not compare him to Horvat. That's the same age difference seems just as fair.

The top 5 is so solid its not even funny.

Dal Colle and Draisaitl are solid picks one has an NHL shot at 17, the other leads his team by a 50 point margin and will define physicality, possibly the best german player to ever play.

6th is Ritchie and I am stoked.

I'm just hoping one of the big 5 drop. I feel like there's a significant talent dropoff from there.

Yep, definitely without a doubt. Seems Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett, Draisaitl, Dal Colle are elite talent prospects and then there's a pretty big decline into second tier prospects like Virtanen, Ehlers, Nylander, Ritchie, etc.

Those top 5 are gems...really hope they slip and we can land one of Dal Colle or Draisaitl in that order. If not, got to go with Virtanen/Ritchie or Fleury being the 2nd best dman.

Archived