The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draisaitl vs Dal Colle

JohnLocke

197 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I feel like their value is too close to call right now. The only thing I can go on is my gut, which tells me that Dal Colle is a safer pick but Draisaitl has the higher upside.

I feel like Draisaitl has a chance to be good enough to anchor an NHL first line but he could also miss and never become a legitimate top-six forward.

Dal Colle seems like a sure fire top-six player but he might top out as a 2nd liner who plays in all situations.

Nothing to really back any if this up as it's based on my gut.

Thankfully, I don't see the Canuckd having to choose as it's nearly impossible that both would fall to #6. If one of them slips, it's a no-brainer and you take them

If not for the Cassels connection to Dal Colle (and their proven chemistry), I'd go with Draisaitl as my preferred choice. I just like his top end potential a little more. But given all the factors, I feel hopelessly split down the middle and I can't choose between them.

But like I said above. We won't have to choose as only one could potentially slide (barring some insanity in the top-five picks) and it's most likely that both players are already gone by the time Vancouver makes its first pick.

There is a decent chance one of the top 5 drop.

http://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-30/

One scout said he would take Ritchie 1st overall, so there is a chance maybe CAL/EDM/NY likes his size?

Also NYI have awesome depth at centre, D, and in goal but absolutely nothing on the wing. If Draisitl is sitting at 5th maybe they take Perlini/Tuch/Ritchie/Virtanen/Ehlers instead?

Also shocked to see Hunter Smith ranked 30th. Midseason I was hoping we would take him 3rd or 4th round, he jumped from 141!

There is a decent chance one of the top 5 drop.

http://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-30/

One scout said he would take Ritchie 1st overall, so there is a chance maybe CAL/EDM/NY likes his size?

Also NYI have awesome depth at centre, D, and in goal but absolutely nothing on the wing. If Draisitl is sitting at 5th maybe they take Perlini/Tuch/Ritchie/Virtanen/Ehlers instead?

Also shocked to see Hunter Smith ranked 30th. Midseason I was hoping we would take him 3rd or 4th round, he jumped from 141!

I could see the Islanders going for Virtanen. He's a big body with phenomenal skating that can put up points. He's having an excellent U18 Tourny so far with 4 points (2, 2) in 2 games. The Islanders are centre-heavy with Tavares, Strome, and Bailey. Furthermore, with the departure of Moulson the Islanders could use a goal scorer to play with Tavares.

1. Ekblad

2. Reinhart

3. Bennett

4. Dal Colle

5. Virtanen

6. Draisaitl?

Are you saying the WHL is a better league than the OHL?

He is at least a half inch bigger but more importantly he is 25 pounds lighter. If Dal Colle fills out (which is likely given his height), his productions will go through the roof.

You are drastically under-estimating the value that 6 months has. Dal Colle is still in high school he has to do school work between games and practices vs Draisaitl who graduated high school last year in his free time he can skate more, workout more, study the game more, etc.

If you are going to compare Draisaitl to Dal Colle why not compare him to Horvat. That's the same age difference seems just as fair.

He is saying the WHL is a much more defensive league and it's much harder to score points. I look at Draisaitl who is more developed. Give Dal Colle 6 months and he still won't be as big, and as smart as Draisaitl. However, Dal Colle is still very good

Dal Colle. We won't have a shot at him because he will go top 4. Why is he better than Draisaitl?

1. Dal Colle had better PPG as a 17 year old -- Dal Colle 95 points in 67 games vs Draisaitl who had 71 points in 64 games

2. Dal Colle is taller and likely to gain weight

3. Dal Colle is 6 months younger

4. Dal Colle was/is better during this year's playoffs

Draisaitl had 105 points in 64 games this year, not 71 points.

http://www.whl.ca/stats/show/type/skaters/ls_season/245/ls_team/209

Draisaitl all the way. Id be happy with either but Draisaitl is a center and we need someone to replace Henrik as 1st line C. This guy is incredible. I would choose Draisaitl. Dal colle, Ehlers in that order for 6th pick... A future line up of:

Shinkaruk Draisaitl Kassian

Fox Horvat Jensen

Gaunce Cassels ________

He is saying the WHL is a much more defensive league and it's much harder to score points. I look at Draisaitl who is more developed. Give Dal Colle 6 months and he still won't be as big, and as smart as Draisaitl. However, Dal Colle is still very good

I wouldn't say the WHL is a "much more defensive league".

2013:

WHL-

Total Goals- 3855

Total Games- 1162

Goals Per Game Per Team- 3.32

OHL-

Total Goals- 4596

Total Games- 1360

Goals Per Game Per Team- 3.38

Gaurantee you both of them won't be left by 6th pick. If we are lucky enough to get one of them, take him

I believe there is an outside chance one of the 5 teams ahead of us might might opt for Ritchie, because of the fact, players like him don't come by often as for 6'0 wingers / 6'1 wingers, (Dal Cole and or Sam Bennet) comes by far more often then a 6'3 230 do it all winger). So yes, I do have high hopes, Calgary picks up Ritchie, rumors ares swirling, that Edmonton will draft Leon with the number 3 pick, which will leave us with Dal Cole, who will be a many NHL all star games in the future.

I wouldn't say the WHL is a "much more defensive league".

is for sure much more physical.

I believe there is an outside chance one of the 5 teams ahead of us might might opt for Ritchie, because of the fact, players like him don't come by often as for 6'0 wingers / 6'1 wingers, (Dal Cole and or Sam Bennet) comes by far more often then a 6'3 230 do it all winger). So yes, I do have high hopes, Calgary picks up Ritchie, rumors ares swirling, that Edmonton will draft Leon with the number 3 pick, which will leave us with Dal Cole, who will be a many NHL all star games in the future.

[WHL] is for sure much more physical.

Got any evidence to back-up that statement?

Edmonton needs a guy like Ritchie more than any other team. They have enough offensive prospects, they need to start building an actual team.

At Mactavish's initial press conference he stated that they need players like Lucic, well here's his chance to put up or shut up.

Guest Dasein

Edmonton needs a guy like Ritchie more than any other team. They have enough offensive prospects, they need to start building an actual team.

At Mactavish's initial press conference he stated that they need players like Lucic, well here's his chance to put up or shut up.

Yeah but he's gonna eat it if they take Ritchie, Perlini or Virtanen at #3. He can trade Yakupov for a power forward or sign a UFA if available. Besides, Sam Bennett is probably available at #3, and he plays a rough and tough game as well (though lacking in size).

BPA always. If not, I could see Edmonton trading down to take one of the 3 mentioned above, but not at #3. I would like to see us trade up for that #3 pick using our #6 + 2nd/3rd round pick and take Draisaitl (assuming Ekblad and Reinhart are taken). Edmonton takes Ritchie or Virtanen (who plays in Calgary) with #6. Probably Ritchie.

Yeah but he's gonna eat it if they take Ritchie, Perlini or Virtanen at #3. He can trade Yakupov for a power forward or sign a UFA if available. Besides, Sam Bennett is probably available at #3, and he plays a rough and tough game as well (though lacking in size).

BPA always. If not, I could see Edmonton trading down to take one of the 3 mentioned above, but not at #3. I would like to see us trade up for that #3 pick using our #6 + 2nd/3rd round pick and take Draisaitl (assuming Ekblad and Reinhart are taken). Edmonton takes Ritchie or Virtanen (who plays in Calgary) with #6. Probably Ritchie.

No ones touching Yakupov unless they give him away.

Archived