The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draisaitl vs Dal Colle

JohnLocke

197 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sam Reinhart = Jonathan Toews

Draistaitl = Anze Kopitar offensive game.

Leon Draistaitl was ranked number 2 behind Sam Bennet at the January 2014 ranking by ISS, you guys remember that? Reinhart and Ekblad also tanking to stay away from the Oilers?

He's that good boys. I am not surprised if the Oilers drafted him. He has elite skills, of 1st line player. He has excellent deking skills, and crafitness. Again Kopitar is the comparison.

Reinhart, his skills might not be as noticeable as Draistl but he plays on both ends of the rink. He's more of a play maker and a defensive acumen. His IQ is probably higher then Leon's. One fan on hfboards said that Sam Reinhart is the best player he's ever seen in the WHL. No joke. I"m not joking.

If the Canucks manage to draft Reinhart, Canucks now have 2 potential Selke calibre players in the system.

Reinhart a Jonathan Toews type of player and Horvat a Bergeron type of player.

Draisaitl will probably go 3rd after Reinhart and Ekblad. No chance he falls to 6th.

Reinhart

Ekblad

Draisaitl

Bennett

MDC

Nylander/Kapanen/Virtanen/Ritchie/Ehlers/Vrana

I can actually see Ekblad dropping like Jones did last year because Draisaitl could end up 2nd or 3rd overall. The guy is just that good.

That is the problem. He's so good that it's hard for other teams to be blind enough to favour Dal Colle or Bennett over him. Still, we can hope

You are really strong on Draisaitl.

Where dyu pick him if it were your pick. #1? #3?

(honest question, no politics or anything involved)

Sam Reinhart = Jonathan Toews

Draistaitl = Anze Kopitar offensive game.

Leon Draistaitl was ranked number 2 behind Sam Bennet at the January 2014 ranking by ISS, you guys remember that? Reinhart and Ekblad also tanking to stay away from the Oilers?

He's that good boys. I am not surprised if the Oilers drafted him. He has elite skills, of 1st line player. He has excellent deking skills, and crafitness. Again Kopitar is the comparison.

Reinhart, his skills might not be as noticeable as Draistl but he plays on both ends of the rink. He's more of a play maker and a defensive acumen. His IQ is probably higher then Leon's. One fan on hfboards said that Sam Reinhart is the best player he's ever seen in the WHL. No joke. I"m not joking.

If the Canucks manage to draft Reinhart, Canucks now have 2 potential Selke calibre players in the system.

Reinhart a Jonathan Toews type of player and Horvat a Bergeron type of player.

I don't know about that.

I think he's closer to Krejci than Toews, that's not to knock Reinhart I think he will end up as a great player, but Toews is a sure fire hall of famer, that's massive upside, and I don't think he has Toews-like upside.

Draisaitl could end up being one of the best players from this draft class, maybe even the best, who knows, I think he has really high upside if he can hit it, definitely Kopitar/Thornton like.

If we could get either Draisaitl or MDC it would be a homerun pick IMO.

For our organizational needs, my order would be:

1. Reinhart

2. Ekblad

3. Draisaitl

4. Dal Colle

5. Bennett

6. Ritchie

7. Perlini

8. Virtanen

9. Tuch

10. Fleury

I think the top two guys are actually head and shoulders above the rest of their draft class, so you take either of them. We need a potential top line centre being groomed in our organization, that is why I pick Reinhart over Ekblad.

Draisaitl and Dal Colle over Bennett, mainly because they are much more NHL ready, and we are likely to have the Sedins for quite some time, so we need to have some extra size elsewhere in the lineup.

The rest of the picks instead of Nylander or Ehlers for the above reason. I think those two guys are better players, just aren't good complements to our existing core.

For our organizational needs, my order would be:

1. Reinhart

2. Ekblad

3. Draisaitl

4. Dal Colle

5. Bennett

6. Ritchie

7. Perlini

8. Virtanen

9. Tuch

10. Fleury

I think the top two guys are actually head and shoulders above the rest of their draft class, so you take either of them. We need a potential top line centre being groomed in our organization, that is why I pick Reinhart over Ekblad.

Draisaitl and Dal Colle over Bennett, mainly because they are much more NHL ready, and we are likely to have the Sedins for quite some time, so we need to have some extra size elsewhere in the lineup.

The rest of the picks instead of Nylander or Ehlers for the above reason. I think those two guys are better players, just aren't good complements to our existing core.

For me;

Reinhart.

Ekblad

Draisaitl

Nylander

Bennett

MDC

Ritchie

Kapanen

Virtanen

Undecided (Ehlers, Perlini or Fleury)

Not saying thats where they would be drafted, but the order I would take them off the board for if I had a chance to pick one for us!

I had Ekblad & Draisaitl as my #1 & #2.

Defensemen are hard to come by in this draft... & Ekblad reminds me of Pronger. I think that Draisaitl is the other NHL ready prospect of the Top-6. He's very puck smart & crafty, dogged on the puck, hard to knock down, & uber-determined,...he has very soft hands for passing & scoring. He leads the way out there,... & his interviews were awesome! He's sounds , humble, grateful, & he says he's still eager to learn & so he can become the best he can be. He really doesn't think he's all that, yet. His attitude will be appreciated & welcomed into any NHL dressing room. He also seems to have all of the habits of a proper PRO already. This guy is definitely focused.

Dal Colle....is cocky in a Lucic-way. Ya never know how a kid like that will go about his business as a Pro. I think he's moody & irritable. Pass.

EDIT: But if they score Reinhart, somehow, they also have a chance at luring his older brothers back home to play with him,... someday. That's a nice thought to have, indeed.

Archived