The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What to do with Sestito

Kevo882

I have mixed feelings about Sestito...he's a turtle who has a hard time getting to where he has to get to to make a hit, but at times, he seems to have decent hockey sense and knows how to position himself. As a fighter, for as big as he is, he's a punching bag, but he's a gamer and sticks up for his teammates, which is always a good thing.

If we are so lucky and have a team that rolls four lines, I don't think there's a spot for him on the roster...but he is an adequate role player who can play 6-7 minutes per game.

He had the most majors in the NHL this year..he answers the bell and keeps players honest...he can actually score the odd goal as well..why is Sestito even a worry,,you need players like him..he has a place on our team..who would you put on the 4th line,, Archie who cant fight or Lain is big but unproven.centered by Schroeder .I just dont get CDC sometimes...we have bigger worries than Tom Sestito.....every team needs a toaster.

Sestito will have to fight for his job but that is a good thing. He has far more upside than fans gives him credit for. He is learning how to play in the NHL the same way Kassian has to. IMO he progressed a lot last season. His enforcer role is important but not key. He has enough skill to have a big part on a 4th line. Does Sestito have more/less ability than a Nolan in LA? I suggest much more. Sestito's biggest problem, which might not be all his fault, is the number of goals against at even strength. Hoping he comes back with a better idea of what he has to do.

He's about as good a 4th line enforcer your gonna get. He's a better player than Archie or lain in the nhl. Had 9 points. I don't see why we wouldn't keep him.

Still fairly young, had some good stretches throughout the season and was never really too much of a liability. Until someone outplays him I think we should keep him.

Loved when he took it to Jordan Nolan haha. Nolan literally looked scared and Sestito didn't take no for an answer. You mess with our players and he's gonna get you. I love that

Actually he's not the least of our worries. If we want to model ourselves after the Bruins, we need to be able to roll 4 lines. Sestito doesn't have the capacity to be useful beyond the 5 minutes a game Torts gives him and took too many stupid penalties this year that cost us at times.

The 4th line playing a mere handful of minutes each game wears us down over the long haul,,if Sestito could skate and keep up with the play I'd be for him..but not in todays NHL, we can't hide his defensive liabilities. This is the only reason I'd draft Ritchie is to build a competent 4th line. Rolling a big 4th line that could hit and control the boards (and not be exploited by other teams) would be so awesome!

Rick Rypien is the best fighter we've had since Brash. Sestito is definitely second though. Juice would make the top three if he dropped them more often.

So Sestito gets the most fights in the league and you bring up Rypien.

I guess you missed the "in peace" in RIP...

Keep him in a 12/13 forward spot. When we are up against bigger teams he slots in. Against smaller quicker teams slot in someone else. Regardless he has shown great strides and has worked hard. He is a good player for morale and team first attitude. We do not lose anything from having him on the roster.

He had the most majors in the NHL this year..he answers the bell and keeps players honest...he can actually score the odd goal as well..why is Sestito even a worry,,you need players like him..he has a place on our team..who would you put on the 4th line,, Archie who cant fight or Lain is big but unproven.centered by Schroeder .I just dont get CDC sometimes...we have bigger worries than Tom Sestito.....every team needs a toaster.

Pretty much this. Destined to be our 13th forward next year IMO:

Sedin, Sedin, Jensen/Burrows

UFA/prospect/trade, Kesler, Kassian

Burrows, Horvat, Santorelli

Higgins, Matthias, Richardson

Sestito

...and there's nothing wrong with him. Great hands for a 4th liner, big body, decent fighter and consistently improving. His only knock is that he's slow.

Why is this even a concern?

What does everyone think we should do with Tom Sestito? I personally think the guy is a useless goon who can't skate or do anything but fight. We need to get rid of him somehow but he's got another year left on his contract. Buy out? Trade? We've got Lain coming up who is similar size but is a much more well-rounded player.

Sestito says:

Learn hockey.

Im staying.

Pretty much this. Destined to be our 13th forward next year IMO:

Sedin, Sedin, Jensen/Burrows

UFA/prospect/trade, Kesler, Kassian

Burrows, Horvat, Santorelli

Higgins, Matthias, Richardson

Sestito

...and there's nothing wrong with him. Great hands for a 4th liner, big body, decent fighter and consistently improving. His only knock is that he's slow.

Why is this even a concern?

Are you rostering the softest team in the nhl?

Archived