The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Nucks to name new head coach following GM hire - Barry Trotz leading candidate

TheRussianRocket.

So still no source but you continue to insult me?

What a quality poster you are. :lol:

I heard it on the same broadcast that tas did. And EotM. And several people I follow on twitter did. Is that good enough for you or shall we continue this pointless argument?

I heard it on the same broadcast that tas did. And EotM. And several people I follow on twitter did. Is that good enough for you or shall we continue this pointless argument?

Here's a source:

http://hockeyattheforks.com/2014/04/23/nhl-dvanced-stats-leave-corsi-coaches/

Wasn't that hard.

My point is, there's other ways to talk to people than calling their posts dumb like a 5 year old. All you had to do was present some evidence and show me where I was wrong.

Not to mention you jumped in a conversation that you weren't a part of without following the whole thing. I never said experienced coaches don't use advanced stats. I said they might use them as a reference, but can simply watch the game and analyze that way. ;)

Yeah I also heard JQ gets real time updates. NBC is a valid source. Hopefully our new coach subscribes to a similar service. JQ and KH are fantastic coaches, and maybe that's why?

Randy Carlyle on the other hand...

I'd take Tortorella over him.

Ok no I wouldn't.

I want to see this team WIN. If it means playing "trap" hockey and being "boring" then bring it on! Some of you sound ridiculous when you repeat each other in saying you want "exciting" hockey. As if you even know what that means. Exciting and entertaining hockey is seeing this team win and hopefully see them lift the cup. Take your "exciting hockey" broken record garbage somewhere else.

but we are not cup contenders anymore... remember when burke lifted this team out from the basement we were not cup contenders but every game was a hell of a lot more exciting than the last 3 years of this team... exciting hockey is alot more risk taking faster skating finishing every check and getting the energy going in the building. we all forgave ridiculous boring games when we were winning ... we are not wining anymore and hockey is entertainment... for the high price of admission at the rog you at leased want to be entertained in a loss ... not many losses in the WCE days were boring. the sedin era we have a boat load of wins that would put people to sleep... and like i said those wins are gone now and we are still boring.. the rog is like a library now and half the reason is the people in attendance and the other half is the on ice product... the WCE days we had nazzy going end to end , bert dragging 3 guys with him to the net going top shelf back hand one hand on his stick...cooke throwing 5 big hits a shift ..3-4 guys on the team that would drop the mitts at any given time... ohlund with huge hits ..salo with huge accurate bombs from the point.. a team that could actually score on the rush...and dont forget about the gambler jovo cop that was exciting hockey so dont even try to tell people they dont know what exciting hockey is...

Randy Carlyle on the other hand...

I'd take Tortorella over him.

Ok no I wouldn't.

I was a Torts fan until this year. After all those reports came out, I regret supporting him.

I actually don't mind Carlyle but those Reimer comments were terrible. I say give him one more year with assigned assistant coaches and see how he does (which is the plan I believe). But looks like they're going the 2 year route...

Yeah I also heard JQ gets real time updates. NBC is a valid source. Hopefully our new coach subscribes to a similar service. JQ and KH are fantastic coaches, and maybe that's why?

Not my battle, but asking for a source means posting a link to validate your information.

That's what makes it work. If I hear about something and bring it up as a point in this forum, I'll come armed with the link to hopefully back up what I heard. It just makes things move along in a less stabby fashion. lol

that last story with him gettig emotional about brings a tear to my eye. what a classy incredible man, vancouver would be damn lucky to have this man behind the bench. players coach for sure, would if nothing else, have great positive impact on our youth. man i hope even more now that we get this guy.

Just read some news that he is in Washington interviewing for their vacant coaching position. He coached their minor league team obviously way back so this could definitely be incentive to return to the organization. You guys think they pose a threat? I hope TL and JB get together quick and hire him, obviously thats if they agree on hiring him. They of course know hockey and coaching more than me so I think their decision will be good even if it isnt him but I hope if he's truly on top the list we act fast and get him under contract.

The more I read and learn about Trotz the more intrigued I become. I knew he was a great coach, but it's always nice to learn more.

He'd be an interesting choice for sure.

Agreed! Trotz with Benning as a GM and an owner willing to spend to the cap could be a great story.

You would think,given Trotz's pedigree..that teams would be knocking down the door to hire him..This has obviously not been the case..

Or, maybe they are knocking down the door trying to sign him and he doesn't feel a need to jump at the first offer which has been put before him? :)

regards,

G.

Archived