The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

Actually excited to watch the draft for once, most years couldn't care because Canucks don't pick till 20+

My bet is Kesler trade happens before draft, over it happening at deadline.

I'm actually also interested not only because were picking 6th but curious what type of players Benning picks in the later rounds

Another thought, the Ducks seem to not want to lose that 10th. They must be pretty keen on someone in that range.

If I'm JB, in that case, I'd say "enjoy the Kings walking all over you for the next 5 years". Not only is it bad on the ice, but thats a marketing nightmare when they share the same market

I'm with you on that, Jack.

IMHO, the Canucks need a stud defenseman in the system, especially one that excels as a puck mover. The top 6 does need work, but it's an area that the team has been addressing in the past couple of drafts. I actually like our defense more than most of CDC, but I think most of them will be well past their prime by the time the Canucks are ready to contend again. We need to look at re-stocking the defense cupboard, ASAP.

I'm also not as down on Sutter as many around here are. I think he's a solid player who possesses the "Sutter" work ethic. He also raised his game for the playoffs this year, something that we haven't seen a lot of in Vancity lately.

I agree that rebuilding the top end of the defense pool for the future should be a key goal for this team. Over the next few seasons (or sooner if they want to accelerate the re-tool) they need to start cycling out guys like Garrison, Bieksa, Hamhuis, etc. but that only becomes viable if they have guys developing who can fill those spots. The returns from Bieksa and Hamhuis would be very good for a retool.

The Canucks need to concentrate on getting a couple of high end puck moving defense prospects. Along with guys like Corrado, Stanton, etc. that creates an opportunity to further improve the forward prospect pool by moving some of the vets out.

This should really be a Reality Show!

Tell me you guys wouldn't be glued to the TV / Internet if we didn't have cameras following Benning / Linden / Kesler / GM of every team on Keslers list around all day!

Hello Molson? We have a sponsorship opportunity for you!

::D

Archived