The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

Do you guys think Kesler is worth the first overall pick or more/less??

Hard to say because we can't predict the future, however I could see Benning thinking to himself "If I can can get a career first liner, by trading a career second liner, then I make that trade."

And from the "Big E":

"On Kesler...

Hearing Toronto, Anaheim, Chicago, and Florida now...Florida's 1st in play I have heard...I am not convinced they will move their pick...but it is being discussed for sure."

Florida would have interest in Kesler? Considering Vancouver would want the same thing as Florida (good young players) wouldn't seem too likely, unless the #1 pick is the centerpiece. Also:

"On Jason Spezza...

The Sharks are now in this as well.. when it comes to "lists" for both Kesler and Spezza I am told they aren't stopping teams from talking at all..."

Soooooo... list expanded? Perhaps Mr. B's implication (true or not) that there's not sufficiently good offers out there has stoked the fire a bit. If so, well played, sir.

Of course Florida would have interest in Kesler, would fit well with all the young talent.

However Florida was never mentionned as a trading partner since Kesler is supposedly not interested in Florida.

Eklund will make up anything to get ratings

And from the "Big E":

"On Kesler...

Hearing Toronto, Anaheim, Chicago, and Florida now...Florida's 1st in play I have heard...I am not convinced they will move their pick...but it is being discussed for sure."

Florida would have interest in Kesler? Considering Vancouver would want the same thing as Florida (good young players) wouldn't seem too likely, unless the #1 pick is the centerpiece. Also:

"On Jason Spezza...

The Sharks are now in this as well.. when it comes to "lists" for both Kesler and Spezza I am told they aren't stopping teams from talking at all..."

Soooooo... list expanded? Perhaps Mr. B's implication (true or not) that there's not sufficiently good offers out there has stoked the fire a bit. If so, well played, sir.

Kesler to Florida and I'm sure Tallon then ships Kesler to Chicago later on and gets his young players. That would thoroughly piss me off.

Less. Much less. 10 years of Ekblad or Reinhart is worth much more than 2 years of Kesler. Not close in any way.

^^^

It would be a pipe dream to trade kess for the first. It would prob have to be kess + +

Kess, ok prospect, 2nd round pick?

I think if Kesler was willing to waive his no trade to go to Florida straight up for the first overall that Talon would likely do that in a heartbeat!

I think he wants to go to a contender because I think he wants a shot at winning now, not 3 years from now when the Florida team really matures into a contender. Why would he leave a team retooling to go to a team that's in the middle of a full out rebuild?

Archived