The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

seriosly i dont think that any realistic kesler trade would benefit us, its just unfortunate that kesler wants to leave.

maybe not this coming season, or even the next. Long term, the right deal could set this franchise up. MG blew it with the Luongo/Schneider situation, this is truly the last chance to secure the next 10 years for this organization.

@jeffvinnick:

I wonder if the name 'Kesler' will be spoken into the microphone by #Canucks Jim Benning tomorrow at #NHLDraft2014

BrFCLs8CcAEIYRu.jpg

What, to make Vancouver's selection? Doesn't Bettman usually announce the trades?

If something does come down, need to give some kudos to management for keeping things fairly tight to the vest, as the leaks have seemingly been much less than in the past.

This should really be a Reality Show!

Tell me you guys wouldn't be glued to the TV / Internet if we didn't have cameras following Benning / Linden / Kesler / GM of every team on Keslers list around all day!

Hello Molson? We have a sponsorship opportunity for you!

::D

Without a doubt!

Bob McKenzie on the TEAM right now...also saying that he is hearing that the Kesler deal is getting closer. He is not reporting a team or players coming back. I think Benning wants to make a splash at the draft, and I hope he holds out for a high pick in whatever deal he makes.

@NicholsOnHockey

McKenzie on Team 1040: I do get sense that something has happened in the last 24 that has accelerated things on Ryan Kesler front. #Canucks

My guess is Anaheim talked to Stastny and didn't like his asking price. No source other than a personal hunch though.

And from the "Big E":

"On Kesler...
Hearing Toronto, Anaheim, Chicago, and Florida now...Florida's 1st in play I have heard...I am not convinced they will move their pick...but it is being discussed for sure."

Florida would have interest in Kesler? Considering Vancouver would want the same thing as Florida (good young players) wouldn't seem too likely, unless the #1 pick is the centerpiece. Also:

"On Jason Spezza...
The Sharks are now in this as well.. when it comes to "lists" for both Kesler and Spezza I am told they aren't stopping teams from talking at all...
"

Soooooo... list expanded? Perhaps Mr. B's implication (true or not) that there's not sufficiently good offers out there has stoked the fire a bit. If so, well played, sir.

And from the "Big E":

"On Kesler...

Hearing Toronto, Anaheim, Chicago, and Florida now...Florida's 1st in play I have heard...I am not convinced they will move their pick...but it is being discussed for sure."

Florida would have interest in Kesler? Considering Vancouver would want the same thing as Florida (good young players) wouldn't seem too likely, unless the #1 pick is the centerpiece. Also:

"On Jason Spezza...

The Sharks are now in this as well.. when it comes to "lists" for both Kesler and Spezza I am told they aren't stopping teams from talking at all..."

Soooooo... list expanded? Perhaps Mr. B's implication (true or not) that there's not sufficiently good offers out there has stoked the fire a bit. If so, well played, sir.

Maybe Lu could convince Kesler to come to Florida?

My guess is Anaheim talked to Stastny and didn't like his asking price. No source other than a personal hunch though.

Actually a pretty reasonable assumption. Anaheim/Chicago could have also talked to Brad Richards and realized that he wants to stay out East.

@NicholsOnHockey

McKenzie on Team 1040: I do get sense that something has happened in the last 24 that has accelerated things on Ryan Kesler front. #Canucks

Maybe the interview from earlier today helped?

Maybe Lu could convince Kesler to come to Florida?

I think with the right leadership, Florida is a much better them than a lot of people give them credit for.

So much raw talent there, just need the right changes to make them a contender for the cup.

Kind of like Edmonton in my opinion. Trade one forward for the right person on defense and Edmonton could quickly become a cup contender.

Can't have all those first overalls for that many years and not finally start to improve!

Archived