The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offical] Kesler traded to Anaheim

TheRussianRocket.

I think if Kesler was willing to waive his no trade to go to Florida straight up for the first overall that Talon would likely do that in a heartbeat!

I think he wants to go to a contender because I think he wants a shot at winning now, not 3 years from now when the Florida team really matures into a contender. Why would he leave a team retooling to go to a team that's in the middle of a full out rebuild?

I could only see this as a last resort for him if there is no other offer the we will take, he wants out and I could see his expanding his list if push comes to shove.

I thought about something the other day after hearing about the "availability" of P. Sharp in CHI. What if we pulled off a 3-way that goes something like this: To CHI: R. Kesler To NYI: P. Sharp & VAN 1ST in 2015 To VAN: G. Reinhart & the 5th pick in 2014 Then we flip #6, H. Shinkaruk & either Hansen or Tanev to FLA for S. Reinhart & still draft another top 5 player tomorrow night. This would be similar to BB drafting the Twins & give us a #1C & #1-2D for years. This basically turns out to be Kes for G. Reinhart & the NYI #5 which I think is fair considering other reported proposals thus far. Not too sure if Sharp would go to the Isles though. Based on TEAM 1040 and Dregs, it sounds like there may have to be a 3rd team involved to make this happen. Plus, Garth Snow is crazy enough to do something like this.

I thought about something the other day after hearing about the "availability" of P. Sharp in CHI. What if we pulled off a 3-way that goes something like this: To CHI: R. Kesler To NYI: P. Sharp & VAN 1ST in 2015 To VAN: G. Reinhart & the 5th pick in 2014 Then we flip #6, H. Shinkaruk & either Hansen or Tanev to FLA for S. Reinhart & still draft another top 5 player tomorrow night. This would be similar to BB drafting the Twins & give us a #1C & #1-2D for years. This basically turns out to be Kes for G. Reinhart & the NYI #5 which I think is fair considering other reported proposals thus far. Not too sure if Sharp would go to the Isles though. Based on TEAM 1040 and Dregs, it sounds like there may have to be a 3rd team involved to make this happen. Plus, Garth Snow is crazy enough to do something like this.

holy block writing, :frantic: no one going to even attempt to read that

Serious question here: has Eklund ever been right about anything? All the rumours I've read from him have been regurgitations and/or false.

He's reported a number of trades correctly but many more wrong.

- For every 1 rumor Eklund gets correct, he gets approximately 30 incorrect (457 wrong, 15 right for 3.1%)

- He finished off 2008 calender year (exactly 1 year of our tracking) with a 2.3% accuracy rating

Serious question here: has Eklund ever been right about anything? All the rumours I've read from him have been regurgitations and/or false.

I think the only thing he has ever accurately gotten right was the when the new CBA was signed.

Less. Much less. 10 years of Ekblad or Reinhart is worth much more than 2 years of Kesler. Not close in any way.

Doesn't quite work that way, not everyone pans out. Just ask Pavel Brendl or Patrick Stefan or Alexandre Daigle. These guys had easily as much or more promise than Reinhart for sure. You have a guaranteed 2nd line centre vs a good prospect.

Hey did anyone see on the recent post [Trade] Kesler to Blackhawks?

As i clicked on it it was gone within 30 seconds

Haha love seeing mods sweating bullets about CDC blowing up. They're probably sitting at the computer refreshing the page every second. Beauty

This is and is going to be a tough 24 hours...

I dunno, I am treating this with the same mindset of the beginning of last season. I knew we were going to have a bad season and am pretty sure the only newsworthy thing that will happen for us tomorrow will be what player we picked 6th

Keeps me in an easygoing zen

To be fair to him, he does say repeatedly that stuff that he is reporting is just who he is hearing is talking. Discussions between GMs go on all the time about players and hypothetical trades.

JB said (I think it was yesterday) that he's talking to about 15 teams a day right now about potential moves etc.

Very few discussed trades ever come to fruition, but if they aren't always talking, they aren't doing their jobs!

Archived