The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning has placed offer for 1st overall; impressed by local prospect Reinhart

TheRussianRocket.

So they interviewed 65 kids for 20-25 mins apiece? That's like 22 hours minimum. Considering there are 30 teams, is that even possible? Whatever.

There's talk of trading up, down, backwards, forwards, sideways, threeways every year. Easy story.

If you're picking 15th to 30th, you wouldn't be talking to the top ten would you? So numbers for each team would be different.

Acquiring this kid at the draft would be the exact kind of splash I'd like to see Benning make, and the more I read about him, the more I like. I really respect Dave Tippet as a coach, and listening to his evaluation of Sam was refreshing.

"He didn't look out of place," Team Canada coach Dave Tippett said in a phone interview Friday afternoon. "He carried himself like a pro player. He picked up the things we were trying to do in the drills very well. The biggest thing you could tell, and it's probably a little bit because of his upbringing -- he wasn't intimidated by the situation at all and just jumped in there and played."

Why would any one take Sam R? The proverbial 90 lb. weakling. I didn't know there was a healthy person on the planet that could not do a pull up!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought hockey players were athletes .............wow......like talk about a bust in the making.

Why would any one take Sam R? The proverbial 90 lb. weakling. I didn't know there was a healthy person on the planet that could not do a pull up!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought hockey players were athletes .............wow......like talk about a bust in the making.

you.....mean Bennet right? Not 6 foot + 190 pound Reinhart.

Right?

It was Sam Bennett who struggled with the pull-up's. Sam Reinhart is an entirely different person...

At least get the right name if you're going to humiliate a player. :picard:

Lol. That's embarrassing.

Just proving you have no idea who these guys are.

It astounds me how much Tanev's name is being thrown around. Are people completely oblivious to the season and potential that he has? He is a stud D-man, who is improving in the O-zone. Anyway, I'm not sure if I want to get swept up in proposals because there are -so- many variables that no person could possibly predict from the outside. Personally, I'm totally on the draft local train. Not just because of the track record of BC boys we have missed, but also because I believe home town players usually hit a higher octane. Look at a guy like Mike Santorelli. Lost his confidence, went from top 6 NHL minutes to top 6 AHL minutes. Came to Vancouver, became the sparkplug for the club and was one of the only bright spots for the first few months, and the rest of the way until he was injured.

In general, I'd rather leave the scouting to the scouts. But if Jim Benning likes Sam, all the power to him to trade up.

I just hope he's not looking to the CDC for suggestions.

I really do feel that the Canucks will be a team that will be really exploring trade options and a lot of teams in the top 5 would likely be up for trading down, the least likely being Calgary who need to get more talented prospects. The other teams already have their high end prospects and would likely be looking at getting prospects in return that are more ready for the NHL.

Florida - Interested in Kapanen and Ehlers, both should be available at 6th

Buffalo - Correct me if I am wrong but they were open to trading their first round pick for NHL ready prospects

Edmonton - They need to get some roster players insted of constantly getting these 18 year olds while not having any real veteran leadership around them

New York - Again a team with massive depth in their prospect pool

I can see a scenario like this:

Kesler is traded to Anaheim for 3 pieces, Shea Theodore, 10th overall pick and the 24th overall pick

Vancouver flip the 6th and 10th pick to Buffalo and select Reinhart

With the 24th they select McKeown

36th Lemieux/Sanheim

I like the Anaheim trade. Lets start with Theodore, the 10th and 24th... Throw in Schroeder if it helps?

Then how about an offer likely to get a deal done? Florida needs size, toughness, wingers and NHL ready young talent. Kassian, the 24th and their choice of Shinkaruk, Gaunce or Tanev for the first. I think Tanev, but pay a price and make a deal! May leave us as a candidate for McDavid, but ces la vie! Only tank proposal you will ever see me make...

Draft Reinhart 1st, Nylander 6th and Virtanen 10th, Bryson Martin 36th.

Prospect pool

Jensen / Reinhart / Virtanen

Shinkaruk / Nylander / Fox

Gaunce / Horvat / Grenier

Zalewski / Lain / Archibald

Kenins / Cassels / Mallet

Theodore / Corrado

Cedarholme / Hutton

Martin / Subban

Markstrom / Eriksson

Cannata

Sic!

In actuality, most GM's hide what they are really doing and chat up smoke screens. Means a different direction than moving up for Reinhart?

I still project a simple selection of Nylander as the most likely scenario.

If Benning gets Virtanen and Reinhart we may as well give him the keys to the city and vote him for premier of BC. Christy Clarke has to go. :towel::towel:

Hey, Christy Clarke is better looking than Benning. :lol:

I wonder if this could be why they've been having extended meetings with Kesler? Perhaps there's a Florida offer and they wanna sell it to Ryan.

No doubt if Tallon is looking to shop the pick for win now vets, Kesler would be better than anything else he could get.

It really isn't that bad from keslers point of view. Florida isn't in complete disarray like buffalo. They just got the go ahead to spend money, got a franchise goalie and loads of young talent. Another move or 2 and they could be in the mix. Tallon has 2 yrs to get something going for him or he can walk.

I personally doubt it.

He has not one, buy two big two way centre's in Bjugstad and Barkov. And both, Bjuggy surprisingly lead them in scoring this year, can score.

Kesler would not be the target they are looking for.

Archived