The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOURS] Daily TSN Trade Rumours, Off Season Edition

tanev is never gonna be in top 4 defense in the game are you kidding me he has 8 career goals. in 156 games and is plus 16 in 2 seasons top dmen have 50 points a season with large minutes played like chara playing 29 mins a game or have plus 44 a yr tanev is injury prone soft and lacks offense and size to shut down players like lucic, brown, perry who walk all over him not sure why tanev is so ovverated in this forum wow

I am starting to consider Tanev a 4D. Your description above is more of a top 2 dman. Tanev finished his 2nd full season last year and has shown significant improvement each season. Physically he is not much

different than Bieksa when he broke in. The upcoming season might really show where Tanev could mature

to. What also has to be considered is Stanton's development. His 1st NHL season and he was in the rookie dmen scoring race until his injury. Very curious to watch his sophomore year.

tanev is never gonna be in top 4 defense in the game are you kidding me he has 8 career goals. in 156 games and is plus 16 in 2 seasons top dmen have 50 points a season with large minutes played like chara playing 29 mins a game or have plus 44 a yr tanev is injury prone soft and lacks offense and size to shut down players like lucic, brown, perry who walk all over him not sure why tanev is so ovverated in this forum wow

He's 23 years old and makes huge strides every year, give your head a shake. Not all top d men point up, judging by your evaluations I guess Hamhuis is crap too because he had the same amount of point as Tanev. What a brutal post

If Kesler is on his way out how can we realistically make the playoffs next year? Especially considering we have two rookie goalies. Now maybe we sign a veteran goalie and acquire a serviceable second line center through trade or free agency but it seems unlikely. I just really hope this organization is past making shortsighted moves to win with this core. I'm all for trying to make the playoffs every year but we can't trade the future.

The same way the Ducks did.

Honestly we have been competitive without Edler and Kesler in the line up over the last few years.

A decent enough return and some youth stepping up is exactly what we need. And if we fall flat on our faces all the better with the 2015 draft .

You don't have to be a big brain dead ape to be a number 1 dman. What Tanev lacks in size he makes up for with his intelligence.

So essentially its Schneider/Horvat + 6th overall for Reinhart? Me personally have to agree with the few posters that are in favor of keeping Horvat and adding whomever at 6.

Not sure if this question has been asked in any of the forums but aside from Mcdavid would you take Reinhart over any of the top prospects from next year?

Horvat was slow and underachieved in the world juniors, memorial cup, and through out the playoffs. Everyone is so high on him because MG made a stupid trade for Schneider and an even stupider move by not picking Nishkushin. Yes he's good at face offs and great defensively, but that #2 center spot should belong to Henrik in 3 years and it's not difficult to get a #3 center. Or use Cassels, Gaunce, FA pickup

If we can get a future #1 center that happens to be from Vancouver, pull the trigger.

Up until the final week we would have picked

Anywhere from #6-14. We need to stop saying ohhh it's EHLERS and Horvat for Reinhardt!

We were lucky to even get that pick, if we can turn it into a franchise center then do it, it might be our only chance to draft a true #1

Guest Dasein

So essentially its Schneider/Horvat + 6th overall for Reinhart? Me personally have to agree with the few posters that are in favor of keeping Horvat and adding whomever at 6.

Not sure if this question has been asked in any of the forums but aside from Mcdavid would you take Reinhart over any of the top prospects from next year?

I think that's a moot point because the way I see it, we are never going to be this close to picking in the top 3. This is our 1999 draft all over again. We need to pick up the future of our franchise here because we're not going to be coming close again unless we miss our chance this year and tank as soon as the Sedins retire.

There is no next year for us. We're not Edmonton. This is it. We have to make our push here to move up with the 6th.

We want to make the playoffs next year, so even though next season is the "big" draft, it's irrelevant to us. Reinhart is the best forward available in this year's draft, is a home town talent and has all the tools (decent size, skills, defense, intangibles) to be a 1C we can build around after the Sedins.

Horvat was slow and underachieved in the world juniors, memorial cup, and through out the playoffs. Everyone is so high on him because MG made a stupid trade for Schneider and an even stupider move by not picking Nishkushin. Yes he's good at face offs and great defensively, but that #2 center spot should belong to Henrik in 3 years and it's not difficult to get a #3 center. Or use Cassels, Gaunce, FA pickup

If we can get a future #1 center that happens to be from Vancouver, pull the trigger.

Anywhere from #6-14. We need to stop saying ohhh it's EHLERS and Horvat for Reinhardt!

We were lucky to even get that pick, if we can turn it into a franchise center then do it, it might be our only chance to draft a true #1

In his defense.. or in any player who has to sit idle for a month before playing as the host team at the Memorial Cup... Its hard to just hop back in and expect to rip it up when you're playing against 3 teams who are flying high, full of blood sweat and tears together to make the tournament and have come together to being the best team in their respective leagues.

Even if it took a game or 2 to get going.. you're done by then. I agree that Horvat didn't do much in the Memorial Cup. I will also agree that he went from the top line to start the World Juniors and ended up on the 3rd line by the end of the tournament. This is where I see Horvat fitting in.. as a 3C.

Personally I do not want Ehlers. Yes he is skilled but once the NHL/AHL development staff get a hold of this guy, he won't be using much of his skill and will be expected to get rid of the creativity and play a team game.

You just copy/pasting/posting this same thing in every thread?

i.e.: http://forum.canucks.com/topic/357115-6th-pick-2014-nhl-entry-draft/page-219#entry12195885

According to Jeff Gordon of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Blackhawks need to find a second line center to replace Michal Handzus. Blackhawks Nick Leddy has one year left at $2.7 million and could become a trade target of some teams as he’ll be looking for nice raise next year and might be available.

Yeah, Handzus worked well for them the previous season, but hasn't been the same this year. I don't see them bringing him back. Leddy had lots of promise, and it was certainly great to get him in return for Cam Barker before he fell off a cliff, but hasn't stepped up that much in a strong Chicago roster.

Even if it took a game or 2 to get going.. you're done by then. I agree that Horvat didn't do much in the Memorial Cup. I will also agree that he went from the top line to start the World Juniors and ended up on the 3rd line by the end of the tournament. This is where I see Horvat fitting in.. as a 3C.

Personally I do not want Ehlers. Yes he is skilled but once the NHL/AHL development staff get a hold of this guy, he won't be using much of his skill and will be expected to get rid of the creativity and play a team game.

That's pretty much the way I see it. I wish Horvat well and hope he becomes a main stay in Vcr,,,just show me some thing. Ehlers/other picks future is like any other prospect he has to satisfy any NHL coach he can take care of defense. The coaches job depends on it :)

Leafs GM Dave Nonis on the draft:

“You’ve got a pretty good chance of getting a good player at eight or four,” he said. “For us to move up the price tag would have to reflect that fact.”

“I wouldn’t say it’s a priority that we’re going to go for the most skilled player,” Nonis explained, “but I think the players that are going to be available in the top eight by and large are skill players so because of that fact there’s a good chance that’s what you end up with.”

The Leafs have held preliminary talks with Dave Bolland. Nonis wouldn’t rule out the return of Mason Raymond, Nik Kulemin, Bolland and Jay McClement. Leo Komarov could be bought back at the right price.

Depends on what you call a franchise centre. Neither LA or NY have a true franchise centre

depth on all four lines is what it takes to win in todays NHL. Teams can shut down franchise centres in the playoffs so having four very good centres is better than one franchise centre

Depends on what you call a franchise centre. Neither LA or NY have a true franchise centre

depth on all four lines is what it takes to win in todays NHL. Teams can shut down franchise centres in the playoffs so having four very good centres is better than one franchise centre

I would much rather be able to roll 4 lines than have a franchise superstar. Stars can be shut down, depth is harder to match

One Last Run?

As per Tom Gulitti of The Bergen Record, Martin Brodeur plans to meet with his agent Pat Brisson soon to see which teams might be interested in his services for next season.

Brodeur, 42, told Gulitti that it will likely be the final season. "It's going to be probably my last year," he told The Record. "You never know what kind of energy I'm going to get from my decision, but I'm not looking for anything more than one year that's for sure."

TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun reported last week that Brodeur is preparing to hit the free agent market and is ready to suit up for another team.

Brodeur, however, didn't sound interested in playing in his hometown of Montreal. "Montreal would be tough," he explained to The Record.

"For me, I'm so used to being in the states and playing in the type of markets I'm used to playing in. But, again, I don't know. That's something that when we come to that bridge, we'll go over it. But it's something that, put it this way, they're not too much on my radar."

West Is Best?

Ken Warren of the Ottawa Citizen believes that the Anaheim Ducks and St. Louis Blues are the favourites to get centre Jason Spezza from the Senators, with Nashville and Dallas as possibilities as well.

He adds that the price for Spezza will be younger players like Anaheim's Andrew Cogliano or Nick Bonino, or Blues skaters Patrik Berglund, Kevin Shattenkirk or Ian Cole.

Bruins/Sharks deal?

According to TVA Sports, there's speculation that the San Jose Sharks could be interested in trading veteran centre Patrick Marleau to the Boston Bruins for winger Brad Marchand.

Suitors for Vinny

Tim Panaccio of csnphilly.com lists the Calgary Flames and Ottawa Senators as possible landing spots for Vincent Lecavalier north of the border and also mentions the Nashville Predators, Florida Panthers and Dallas Stars.

TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reported in Insider Trading this week that new GM Ron Hextall is looking to deal the veteran centre who signed a five-year contract with the Flyers last summer.

So Kopitar is not a franchise center?

Archived