The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Compelling UFA/RFA's this year

Canuckler87

Last year Gillis got Santorelli. & Richardson as our major free agent acquisitions. Two solid, yet bottom six players. This year, with a little more cap space to play with and coming off a very dissapointing season, I am looking for a bigger splash to be made by us.

Free agents we SHOULD have interest in include. Ryan Miller, Jonas Hiller, Dave Bolland (hated him as a hawk). Some claim that we have already reached out to Miller & Bolland, which is good to hear considering we need a goalie and a player that plays a similar role (albeit less skill) in case we trade Kes.

Now there are also other intriguing UFA's, like Paul Statsny & Brad Richards. Richards I would want for a large pay cut and short term because of his decline in play. Still provides leadership. Statsny could be a solid number two center & put up good numbers this post-season.

Anyone else know any free agents that would look good in a Canucks uniform? Like I said, I'm expecting a big splash from Benning this year due to a disgruntled fan base and more cap space. Haven't heard much about this years crop of D-men. Would've loved to see Markov in a Canucks uniform , but Montreal resigned him.

On the RFA front, all the talk is about Subban. It's unrealistic to assume we would go after him, but are there any viable candidates out there we could snatch? I remember Gillis tried to pry Backes out and offer sheeted him, which pissed off STL Blues.

Looking forward to a big first off season from the new management.

Paul Stastny would be great. But if we sign Stastny and Bolland, my oh my...

Henrik Sedin

Shawn Matthias

Brad Richardson

Zac Dalpe

Mike Santorelli

Bo Horvat

Bolland

Stastny.......

We would then have too many Centers.

So I'd assume Santorelli isn't getting a contract. He was here in the first place for AHL depth.. Zac Dalpe too.. Brad Richardson is the 4th line guy. Bo Horvat and Bolland could be on the third line. And Stastny would be on the 2nd line. Captain Hank would be on the 1st line. So really we have lots of depth in center already. And if we were to then draft Reinhart if we move up, yeah.. Besides Bolland is going to ask a lot and I'd much rather have Santorelli then him.

Bolland is asking way too much for the Leafs to sign him and it is not unreasonable to think that he will be looking for similar term and money on the market. It would be foolish for Benning to sign him and it would be like another Clarkson signing. Bolland hasn't been that good recently and injury issues are still a concern.

I was very cranky this morning to read about the canucks reaching out to bolland. 5 mill for a guy made of glass that has never cracked 20 goals? Nevermind all the sh*t he talked about the canucks.

I do find it interesting that the canucks would look to fill the role that Horvat should be in next season though.

I was very cranky this morning to read about the canucks reaching out to bolland. 5 mill for a guy made of glass that has never cracked 20 goals? Nevermind all the sh*t he talked about the canucks.

I do find it interesting that the canucks would look to fill the role that Horvat should be in next season though.

Is it even guaranteed that Horvat is playing in the NHL next season? 1 more year in the AHL wouldn't be bad for his development.

Is it even guaranteed that Horvat is playing in the NHL next season? 1 more year in the AHL wouldn't be bad for his development.

You mean CHL. The big reason people think he'll make the roster is that another year in Junior doesn't do much and he can't play in the AHL yet. If he has a solid camp I see him making it, if he struggles he may get a bit of a look, but probably sent back to Junior if he doesn't have success in the few NHL games.

I would be interested Trevor Smith, Benoit Pouliot, Blake Comeau, Joe Vitale, Steve Downie, Nikolai Kulemin, Brett Bellemore as some cheap signings who can help out with depth and are still fairly young.

Some RFAs who could possibly go UFA are: Matt Bartowkski, Jeremy Morin, Cory Conacher, Brian Gibbons.

Dave Bolland wouldn't look too bad here.

CHL.

I would be interested Trevor Smith, Benoit Pouliot, Blake Comeau, Joe Vitale, Steve Downie, Nikolai Kulemin, Brett Bellemore as some cheap signings who can help out with depth and are still fairly young.

Some RFAs who could possibly go UFA are: Matt Bartowkski, Jeremy Morin, Cory Conacher, Brian Gibbons.

Dave Bolland wouldn't look too bad here.

CHL.

There's an interesting name. Was solid in NYR's run, could be useful secondary scoring.

Archived