The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kesler to ANA

bottom line is that Kesler did not want to be here anymore. That is like a disease in the locker room to have someone forced to stay because they couldn't do something to trade him. I don't think things are done yet anyhow. I think we should just wait to see what happens throughout the day....there are always going to be the vocal group of people who will not be happy no matter what happens.

I think Florida wants Sbisa. Sbisa + 24th + prospects received from Garrison trade for the first overall.

I would be ecstatic if the Canucks kept the 6th and got the 1st (unlikely though).

Yep.

FLA

Sbisa

24th

Prospect from Garrison trade

VAN

1st Overall (Ekblad)

EDM

6th Overall

Schroeder

Hansen

VAN

3rd Overall (Reinhart)

Check with Buffalo if they're taking Bennet or Reinhart. If they're taking Reinhart, try to pull the same deal with them.

Yes.

1. We lost our best overall player to our division rival.

2. The Sbisa kid is not a top-4 d-man. He's unproven still, has limited upside, and has now been traded twice.

3. And Bonino is a power play, non-pk, qualcomp-type center who at least is on a good contract, but also has limited upside, and is the reason the Ducks were looking at Kesler in the first place.

4. And the 24th pick in this draft is meh.

This is a very, very bad trade unless you're on crack. The upside is that the tank is (hopefully) now in full-pull mode.

Yes, there will be other moving pieces, but along the lines of shipping out more proven vets south for junk returns.

Welcome to the new era.

Better than the last 2 season. Keep smoking your bull ish.....Professor Charles Xavier has spoken!!!!!

Expecting a lottery pick and/or prospect plus a good roster player is a ridiculous assumption. Only those who are on "crack" would think this would happen with a guy like Kesler with a NTC to boot.

On to the real.

oh wait.....it's you.

If bonino was as good as the people saying this is a good trade think he is, they wouldn't desperately need a center! It's the most obvious thing in the world.

Sbisza isn't anything special, he is an upgrade on Garrison if all goes well. At least he can pass. The 24th overall has a very small chance at netting a good player.

Anaheim gave up absolutely none of their talent for Kesler, very poor deal IMO. Shows the canucks just want NHL bodies to try and make a round of playoff revenue.

EXACTKLY

Matthias is actually close to or comparable to Bonino...

Sbisa has been flipped more times than a dorm room mattress

The 24th is exactly what again? Sanheim MAYBE

And we go from the early 3rd round to the late 3rd round....

Somehow Shinkaruk may or may not get flipped for the 1st or 3rd

And people will cheer that this is a good deal and a good day for the canucks

We got NO youth where we needed it, we got NO D prospect and a shoddy pick

Getting mroe redundant players does not help this team in the future where they are needed. No youth and now we play Kesler endlessly to boot.

Seriously feeling sick right now. It is not about oer valuing Kesler so much as it is actually knowing where we needed the help and getting literally NONE of it

He's been traded twice.

People who don't understand the complexities of the cap era :picard:

Nein.

You're way overvaluing Kesler dude. It's a fair trade that helps the team, and gets rid of a broken player who doesn't want to play here. I think maybe you expected too much.

Kesler overrated ? You gotta be kidding me, so Chicago and Anaheim wants him bad ...they are STUPID LOL We never appriciated players we have, we run out Bure, Luongo...now Kesler ...

Kesler is overrated. No question about it. Blackhawks and Penguins wanted Kesler to compliment their stars, we needed Kesler to BE a star. big difference.

Bure was hugely, hugely, massively appreciated, the whole city cheered him on every single game. What are you talking about?

EXACTKLY

Matthias is actually close to or comparable to Bonino...

Sbisa has been flipped more times than a dorm room mattress

The 24th is exactly what again? Sanheim MAYBE

And we go from the early 3rd round to the late 3rd round....

Somehow Shinkaruk may or may not get flipped for the 1st or 3rd

And people will cheer that this is a good deal and a good day for the canucks

We got NO youth where we needed it, we got NO D prospect and a shoddy pick

Getting mroe redundant players does not help this team in the future where they are needed. No youth and now we play Kesler endlessly to boot.

Seriously feeling sick right now. It is not about oer valuing Kesler so much as it is actually knowing where we needed the help and getting literally NONE of it

This is like rubbing salt in the wound.

So if the deal wasn't as one sided as I believe it is, JB also has to flip third rounders and drop in the third round to get this deal done?

Wow.

Archived