The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kesler to ANA

Gillis is a moron. We're dealing with the consequences of the zillion NTC's he gave out. No leverage on the Kesler deal. What a crappy return.

This statement is so far from the status quo of the average CDC post a few years ago.

MG was a god who was changing our team culture from the inside out and creating an environment where people wanted to play and had to take a discount to be...

How things change...

Honestly don't think this is a bad trade. I think a lot of people overrate Kesler. Two decent roster players and another first round pick to play with. Probably the best we could get for Kesler.

This will have to be the sell by this franchise. But it doesn't matter. People here aren't dumb.

Hopefully the real sell will be the tank job we're going to be doing this season for some franchise-level picks. If not, well, frack it.

We just traded Kesler for basically nothing FML.

bonino alone produced more than kes last season. and way more in the assists column. not to mention his +/- is better. bonino is 3 years younger too. this is by no means a bad trade. kesler is a selfish player and bonino has displayed great ability to play with his team mates.

Urghhhhhhh this is a frustrating trade.. especially with all the rumours we were hearing.

We needed to get some high end talent for Kesler and we could've even manage to get the 10th or Etem.....

God, hopefully Benning pulls some better moves to alleviate this trade

Bonino is a FANTASTIC player. Benning knows more about hockey than all of us combined, and I sure as hell trust his judgement.

Sbisa also looks as if he had a rough year, but keep in mind, this kid was traded for Pronger.. There must be something there.

Those who dont think this is a good deal are not quite understanding who they got, and only narrowmindly focusing on Etem and the 10th overall pick

Bonino played as a third line player averaged almost 50 points this season playing beside Saku Koivu and Jakub Silfverberg. Marked as a good two way/playmaker center who is also sizable.

Sbisa still very young is a solid stay at home dman with edge, which we do not have

the 24th is still avery good pick which I feel is going to swapped for something.

This is a good value deal. Both play a good game and I am happy with this deal.

If Sbisa replaces Garrison, a tonne of cap space will have been freed up by this deal.

Its not some sexy deal, but its the deal that was done.

I'll trust a pro scout in Benning and his assessment of Bonino and Sbisa than the people in this thread.

Would you give up Horvat, Hansen, and the 6th for ROR?

That's basically what you are saying when you propose Etem, 10th, and roster player for Kesler.

Honestly don't think this is a bad trade. I think a lot of people overrate Kesler. Two decent roster players and another first round pick to play with. Probably the best we could get for Kesler.

It's a decent trade it's just not what the Canucks need.

This will have to be the sell by this franchise. But it doesn't matter. People here aren't dumb.

Hopefully the real sell will be the tank job we're going to be doing this season for some franchise-level picks. If not, well, frack it.

Yeah. Helps that Bonino had more points than Kesler last year though. Also younger and cheaper.

Those who dont think this is a good deal are not quite understanding who they got, and only narrowmindly focusing on Etem and the 10th overall pick

Bonino played as a third line player averaged almost 50 points this season playing beside Saku Koivu and Jakub Silfverberg. Marked as a good two way/playmaker center who is also sizable.

Sbisa still very young is a solid stay at home dman with edge, which we do not have

the 24th is still avery good pick which I feel is going to swapped for something.

This is a good value deal. Both play a good game and I am happy with this deal.

100% agreed

Archived