The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Draft] VAN selects Jake Virtanen 6th Overall

Strombone1

I'm a Canucks fan, so I'll be rooting for Virtanen to make it. And there's definitely a chance he turns into a decent 2nd line player.

But this is a brutal pick, with Nylander and Ehlers still on the board. Really disappointed with Benning right now.

Worst fans in the league if not sports as a whole. Welcome to Vancouver, Jake. You people should be happy to have a local kid who will play his heart out for this franchise for years to come drafted with that pick.

KASS- BINGO!! They chose him just cause he is from BC.

Linden and Benning too dum to scout players.... so they just look at "LOCATION" for anyone born in BC and draft them. Apparently being born in BC makes you a great player. WHAT HAPPEN TO GARRISON? ANYONE.

Oh well, he can be another wasted pick. Look at our injured Shinkaruk who we are trying to DITCH. AbANDON SHIP!!

I guess next year we will trade Virtnanen for a pile of rocks.

I'm officially sold on Benning's skills as a GM. He's made the best moves with what was available. Plus, how hard do you think this kid will play for the team that he's grown up cheering for?

One second people complain Gillis made no trades. Then get upset when Benning who is known for his drafting skills gets picks and young players who can already play.

Can everyone on both sides just calm the F down?!! NOBODY knows exactly what they have with any pick they make so give your opinions, shut the hell up and wait and see how he performs. Afterward you can rip or compliment accordingly.

All I know is I like that he was ranked 1 in physicality and in skating. It can't be that horrid if that pans out as ranked.

Stupid ass pick. Can't believe it.

You can't believe it? I can't believe women cannot go to a bar with friends without worrying someone might slip something into their drink and rape them. You can't believe the Canucks selected a player nearly every mock draft predicted they would take.

Wow, the butthurtness of CDC is worse than I thought!

Let me get this straight...

We get a big, power forward who loves to score goals and plays with edge right here in our back yard, who is rated top in just about every skill there is, that is on his way to play for his favorite team growing up.

And CDC is acting like it's the end of the world?

He has a shoulder problem. It's not a concussion. It's not a bad knee. Injuries happy.

Anyhoo, back to throwing yourselves off the cliff lemming style CDC......

You can't believe it? I can't believe women cannot go to a bar with friends without worrying someone might slip something into their drink and rape them. You can't believe the Canucks selected a player nearly every mock draft predicted they would take.

/win.

KASS- BINGO!! They chose him just cause he is from BC.

Linden and Benning too dum to scout players.... so they just look at "LOCATION" for anyone born in BC and draft them. Apparently being born in BC makes you a great player. WHAT HAPPEN TO GARRISON? ANYONE.

Oh well, he can be another wasted pick. Look at our injured Shinkaruk who we are trying to DITCH. AbANDON SHIP!!

I guess next year we will trade Virtnanen for a pile of rocks.

You got problems kid.

Archived