The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Has anyone considered the possiblity IF the hitmen are knocked out of the playoffs early. that he could go play in for Vancouver at the end of the year? Idk if it's benefical for his development but playing a couple of games at the end of the year (assuming we can clinch) would really be a bad idea

12 points in 5 games?

Bust.

MCdavid is at like 2.75 PPG. Why are they SO BAD. I was excepting at least 4 PPG god dammit

Edited by Gstank29

Has anyone considered the possiblity IF the hitmen are knocked out of the playoffs early. that he could go play in for Vancouver at the end of the year? Idk if it's benefical for his development but playing a couple of games at the end of the year (assuming we coin

MCdavid is at like 2.75 PPG. Why are they SO BAD. I was excepting at least 4 PPG god dammit

Rather send him off to Utica to try and help them win the Calder Cup. He can be sent to Utica right? Someone please confirm ty.

First off, Jake spent all summer rehabbing his shoulder. Second, on a ton of HItmen goals, you see Jake celebrating with his teammates. He's racking up pluses at an insane rate, even if he isn't getting an assist on all those plays. A big reason for this is because he seems to have been tasked with playing point on the PP and stays extremely high after his team enters the zone. His defensive play is getting surprisingly good surprisingly quickly as a result and it allows Tambellini et al to get deep in the offensive zone without fear of being caught the other way. Since the Hitmen have 30 GF and 1 GA in their last 4 games, clearly it's working.

So how is Jake doing with this more defensive deployment? Check out the points/60 on the right side of this CHLstats screenshot:

Jan312015.jpg

That's just ridiculous.

• Upvote 3

He should probs get AHL time first. If he did get called up to the Canucks after his season I would say other guys would be ahead of him on the depth chart.

I wonder what there plans are for him post jr season. Would love to maybe see him get a chance if there's room. Might disrupt team chemistry though . Maybe not :)

First off, Jake spent all summer rehabbing his shoulder. Second, on a ton of HItmen goals, you see Jake celebrating with his teammates. He's racking up pluses at an insane rate, even if he isn't getting an assist on all those plays. A big reason for this is because he seems to have been tasked with playing point on the PP and stays extremely high after his team enters the zone. His defensive play is getting surprisingly good surprisingly quickly as a result and it allows Tambellini et al to get deep in the offensive zone without fear of being caught the other way. Since the Hitmen have 30 GF and 1 GA in their last 4 games, clearly it's working.

So how is Jake doing with this more defensive deployment? Check out the points/60 on the right side of this CHLstats screenshot:

Jan312015.jpg

That's just ridiculous.

I am sure the Canucks are aware, but that is pretty impressive.

• Upvote 1