The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

whats more insane, is he had Virtannen lined up for the hit, and got the worst of it! so its not like an unexpected hit were he didnt see him coming or anything.

that said not surprised. many victims of players trying to hit Virtannen but Virtannen is a talented (hitter)

AND Jake hit the guy while he was still handling and shooting the puck in.

I know right? Imagine when this kid is fully developed. I hope his hitting can translate to the NHL. A fast, scoring, heavy hitting young player is exactly what Benning said he wanted, and that appears to be what he's got.

He sent a 6'5 223lb guy, who was set and leveraged to hit him, flying into his own bench. He's physically ready.

I'm a little late to the party, but I was at the game against Seattle last night, and Virtanen is so much fun to watch!!! I had a great angle on that hit on the massive guy. That was so insanely cool to see in person! The goal he scored was amazing. He made such a great play on the puck, and then gave it a killer snipe past Kozun. I am more in love with Virtanen after seeing him in person! Seeing Sanheim in person too made me wish he had fallen a few spots back to where we got McCann. Granted I do like McCann but Sanheim is very impressive and plays very smart and quality hockey. Definitely the type of d-man we could use.

• Upvote 1