The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Saw people complaining about his video gaming on here (mostly Facebook). Seems ridiculous to me. A man's gotta have hobbies outside of his job.

He is still more kid than anything else.  Good for him having a crib set up the way he wants it and that he plays video games.    

21 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Tanev alone is a lot more than "scraps" and how many players who are no longer going to be waiver eligible and are sitting out games are going to demand a king's ransom?    Signing John Carlson versus acquiring a young Dman with ceiling to go with your emerging very young squad makes zero sense.

I agree Tanev has worth but would you if you were Phili trade Sanheim for Tanev ? Signing Carlson would give the blue line stability. That is what it needs.

1 hour ago, vannuck59 said:

I agree Tanev has worth but would you if you were Phili trade Sanheim for Tanev ? Signing Carlson would give the blue line stability. That is what it needs.

They have CAP issues in Philly and fitting in a high demand UFA versus a steady team friendly cost in Tanev may tip the scales.

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

They have CAP issues in Philly and fitting in a high demand UFA versus a steady team friendly cost in Tanev may tip the scales.

I would love Sanheim, so would Tanev fit their cap and if so even more reason to sign John Carlson,  Sanheim is a lefty so who are you moving on the left side or are you cleaning house::D

If they want to make a run at a cup sooner than later? Yes. Him and Hagg would make a hell of a good 2nd/shutdown pair and open up opportunity for Prov and Gost. That would be one hell of a D core.

You're about 3 years too early for a 'Carlson' signing in Vancouver IMO.

3 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

I would love Sanheim, so would Tanev fit their cap and if so even more reason to sign John Carlson,  Sanheim is a lefty so who are you moving on the left side or are you cleaning house::D

I believe Sanheim can and does play right side. He's also waivers exempt and theoretically could play in Utica next year.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Virtanen has been, arguably, our best player (excepting Bo) since the Boeser injury. 

Agree 100%.  I expect him to play in the top 6 with PP time next year, and really start to realize some of his potential.  He has been one of the lone bright spots of late.  I also really like the  way Stecher has been playing.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Anyone who isn't better....

1 hour ago, BCNate said:

Agree 100%.  I expect him to play in the top 6 with PP time next year, and really start to realize some of his potential.  He has been one of the lone bright spots of late.  I also really like the  way Stecher has been playing.

Yup, Jake’s coming out year is next season.  He can really impact a game in a lot of ways.  Doesn’t Stecher play like a much more skilled Biega?  That kid is as tough as they come.  He’s in their battling with the biggest a nastiest.  

• Upvote 1

Jake needs to bring some snarl to his game but that comes with age .

virtanen.gif?w=1000&h=550

the kid has snarl. he needs to channel it properly while being productive/responsible at the same time. takes time to find that balance.

• Like 1