The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Sounds like someone is butt hurt about nothing.

I honestly dont get how you can judge someones character based on a 2 hour session where you weren't speaking to the person. He could have been last to get up because he was texting someone or was looking at something on this phone.

The fact that he wasn't looking around doesn't really mean anything. It's his 3rd season in the WHL so the whole "people looking at them thing" isn't new and since he's a Canucks prospect i'm sure he's use to people looking at him like he is a mythical creature.

"Also you don't assuming anything" and saying your a "good job of character" based on observation's IS assuming.

As for fan boying. He was observing a particular individual from a far and making opinions based on those observations, I'm pretty sure thats the definition of fan boying. Also having 3 children and being 35 is not a reasonable explanation for not being a fan boy. There are lots of adults who are older but are still obessed about certain people. Kind of like Heffy and Edler last year or Desi and Sanguetti and Subban

Heres the definition of fanboying

v. To stand, drool, or worship the object of their obsession. Fanboying involves no real physical action or movement.

Obessing:

to dominate or preoccupy the thoughts, feelings, or desires of (aperson); beset, trouble, or haunt persistently or abnormally:

IE if Selena Gomez walked into a bar and you were observing what she was doing and how she was acting, that is fanboying because for that period of time you are obessing about what someone is doing, even if it is periodically.

So bascially everyone on CDC is Fanboying to a degree.

Huh... well... good to know... while there may be and element of fanboying since I was standing while making general astute observations, there was definitely zero "worshiping", nor was I making an assumption of his thoughts, which nullifies "obsessing". All I had indicated about his persona was that he was quietly watching the Kings/Flames game and was away from the rest of the team in the corner. He looked to be the most put together, mature, and confident member of the bunch. I could single out anyone out of any group and I guess you could attempt to apply that terminology to that as well. But in no way did i suggest what he was thinking, rather making observations of his outward appearance.... which 99% of the population does in just about every scenario throughout their day.

Not so sure why it seemed to wedgie you pink floral panties up your bung hole after I reflected about finding some joy in cooking dinner for the Canucks 2014 6th over selection and was interested to see him in person. Its probably best for people like you to stay away from society and in the comfort of your parents basement.

So what does everyone expect from Jake and the Hitmen this postseason.

CDC Reaction:

He gets an assist: Doesn't score enough goals.

He delivers great body check: Lucky thats not another boarding.

In game 7: I hope he loses so he can play for Utica.

They win: Jake didn't score a game this series.

I love these forums B)

• Upvote 1

Sounds like someone is butt hurt about nothing.

I honestly dont get how you can judge someones character based on a 2 hour session where you weren't speaking to the person. He could have been last to get up because he was texting someone or was looking at something on this phone.

The fact that he wasn't looking around doesn't really mean anything. It's his 3rd season in the WHL so the whole "people looking at them thing" isn't new and since he's a Canucks prospect i'm sure he's use to people looking at him like he is a mythical creature.

"Also you don't assuming anything" and saying your a "good job of character" based on observation's IS assuming.

As for fan boying. He was observing a particular individual from a far and making opinions based on those observations, I'm pretty sure thats the definition of fan boying. Also having 3 children and being 35 is not a reasonable explanation for not being a fan boy. There are lots of adults who are older but are still obessed about certain people. Kind of like Heffy and Edler last year or Desi and Sanguetti and Subban

Heres the definition of fanboying

v. To stand, drool, or worship the object of their obsession. Fanboying involves no real physical action or movement.

Obessing:

to dominate or preoccupy the thoughts, feelings, or desires of (aperson); beset, trouble, or haunt persistently or abnormally:

IE if Selena Gomez walked into a bar and you were observing what she was doing and how she was acting, that is fanboying because for that period of time you are obessing about what someone is doing, eve

The highest draft pick our team has had in over 20 years came into his restaurant and the guy said he looked like a confident and mature.

Its an odd thing to get upset about.

Edited by Canorth

Huh... well... good to know... while there may be and element of fanboying since I was standing while making general astute observations, there was definitely zero "worshiping", nor was I making an assumption of his thoughts, which nullifies "obsessing". All I had indicated about his persona was that he was quietly watching the Kings/Flames game and was away from the rest of the team in the corner. He looked to be the most put together, mature, and confident member of the bunch. I could single out anyone out of any group and I guess you could attempt to apply that terminology to that as well. But in no way did i suggest what he was thinking, rather making observations of his outward appearance.... which 99% of the population does in just about every scenario throughout their day.

Not so sure why it seemed to wedgie you pink floral panties up your bung hole after I reflected about finding some joy in cooking dinner for the Canucks 2014 6th over selection and was interested to see him in person. Its probably best for people like you to stay away from society and in the comfort of your parents basement.

And now someone is butt hurt.

Also thats a pretty immature thing to say for someone who is 35 and has 3 kids.....

Edited by Gstank29

Starting to feel sorry for them. Kassian picked up his game, then Shinkaruk is up to a 9-game point streak, now Jake. Where do they go next? My guess, Jensen, who's out tonight for Labate.

Definitely Jensen. I have a feeling the trolls will be all over him if he doesn't have a good playoffs.
  • Upvote 1

Glad he got the monkey off his back (Although he could have easily scored on that 2 on 0 in game 7), nothing breaks a slump like a goal. Watched the highlights but couldn't pick out his apple?

Still want to see him in Utica this season.

• Upvote 1