The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

I remember when ALL (ok, majority) of cdc was against Virtanen. Acted like he was some horrible player. People were crying we never took Ehlers and will you look at this now. Coming off a pretty big surgery and lighting it up right off the bat. Just wait until he fully settles in...wowza! Got ourselves a beaut kid!

@TysonGiuriato:

#Canucks prospect Jake Virtanen had two goals and two assists for the @WHLHitmen tonight. Now has five points (2-3-5) in two games.

Really happy Benning knows what he's doing and passed on the soft forward to draft the home town PWF.

Remains to be seen. Nylander has the higher ceiling and if he reaches it, he's got star potential. I'm praying the virtanen pick turns out otherwise it'll be another wasted draft pick.

I remember when ALL (ok, majority) of cdc was against Virtanen. Acted like he was some horrible player. People were crying we never took Ehlers and will you look at this now. Coming off a pretty big surgery and lighting it up right off the bat. Just wait until he fully settles in...wowza! Got ourselves a beaut kid!

I was one of those upset we passed on nylander and ehlers. Nylander is currently dominating the SHL right now and is the league's best player according to some people. That's why I hope virtanen pans out. Their fates are going to be tied together for a while especially since toronto drafted nylander. Hope this turns out better than bourdon over kopitar.

Edited by FireGillis
  • Upvote 1

@TysonGiuriato:

#Canucks prospect Jake Virtanen had two goals and two assists for the @WHLHitmen tonight. Now has five points (2-3-5) in two games.

you shouldnt take it all so personally..people have different views on players,,thats what its all about..I didnt want Virtanen.but because you say I should doesnt make it so...but...he is our top pick and I hope the best for him..I would love him to be a star in this league and I hope his shoulder holds up..he is off to a good start..

• Upvote 1

@TysonGiuriato:

Its only one game. Lets see how long he keeps it up for!

just wait until he gets up to speed

Ill eat my pillow if he turns out to be a bust. Hes got every tool just like Kassian, except Virtanen has a tool box. He trains hard and is going to be a great pro.

Not saying Kassian is a bust, just that hes taking longer to be a legit top 6 player then I think it will take Jake.

Edited by messier's_elbow
  • Upvote 1

What's up with the negativity? Seems like everyone's writing off Virtanen. He'll become our 50 goal scorer in the future so chillax people.

I dont see anyone writing off Jake...where did you see that..most on here are all for the kid..I like him..he just wouldnt have been my pick...I liked Ritchie and he isnt doing so bad right now...doesnt mean I hate the kid...he is a Canuck now..I will learn to love him.

Ill eat my pillow if he turns out to be a bust. Hes got every tool just like Kassian, except Virtanen has a tool box. He trains hard and is going to be a great pro.

Not saying Kassian is a bust, just that hes taking longer to be a legit top 6 player then I think it will take Jake.

Do not eat your pillow..its not that serious..he wont be a bust Im sure..I just hope his shoulder agrees..I wouldnt have drafted a kid with an arm in a sling when there were others on the table....but he is talented.,,,just not my first pick.

So they took an assist away, but that doesn't discount that fact he had a part in that goal as well.

Any way you slice it he had a great game today. I'm sure it was nice to light the lamp again. His Russian counterpart looks like a good second round pick in my opinion so far.

Pavel Karnaukhov

3/15/1997 born player 6'2 200 pounds 8G 2A in 13 GP

What's up with the negativity? Seems like everyone's writing off Virtanen. He'll become our 50 goal scorer in the future so chillax people.

I dont see anyone writing off Jake...where did you see that..most on here are all for the kid..I like him..he just wouldnt have been my pick...I liked Ritchie and he isnt doing so bad right now...doesnt mean I hate the kid...he is a Canuck now..I will learn to love him.

Nylander was my initial choice. However, with the likes of centres like Horvat, Cassels, and McCann, I was very happy the Canucks drafted the local power forward. What if Kassian doesn't "get it"? With Virtanen's package, I see Cam Neely and Rick Vaive, two future 50-goal scorers at the time that were traded away and both were hard-working and fearless fighters.

Will Virtanen bury the ghosts of Neely and Vaive? Who knows. I just hope that he is given as much time as he needs to develop because I truly believe that we may have something very special on our hands.

As for Virtanen's shoulder, I had no concerns, whatsoever, considering how well Shinkaruk has recovered from his hip surgery.