The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Just now, Cowardrobertford said:

Huh, that's it, that's what you are going to say

It's quite evident man.  Bertuzzi was a mean beast on the ice.  He'd abuse people mercilessly in the faceoff he'd rub down smaller players he'd slew foot, can opener and basically abuse opposing players every chance he got.  he was a beast and in todays NHL would be a heavily penalized beast.

That's all i HAVE to say, it's not opinion it's fact

Virtanen is like 3 years away and so is Boeser. So finally those veterans retire and then its a coin flip. So either Benning strikes gold or he fails and if he fails then  we are rebuilding for another 4 so yeah 7 years. Virtanen has to work out but give him 3 years rite now he looks like a weaker version of Dorsett. THANK YOU Dorsett for mentoring our young guys! UGH! 

Edited by desiboynux4lifee*******

The only thing that worries me is that the puck doesn't seem to follow him around like it does gifted players.  He has the body and physical tools but right now lacks positioning.  He circles and moves well just doesn't go to the right areas.  He isn't ready for the nhl now and needs coaching to learn how to play without the puck at both ends like every young player.  

42 minutes ago, cocanuck said:

The only thing that worries me is that the puck doesn't seem to follow him around like it does gifted players.  He has the body and physical tools but right now lacks positioning.  He circles and moves well just doesn't go to the right areas.  He isn't ready for the nhl now and needs coaching to learn how to play without the puck at both ends like every young player.  

His positioning looks fine to me. He sets up shop in front of the net and draws a lot of attention. The team needs to start shooting the puck more when he's camping out in front of the net.

The penalty he took was stupid, but it set the tone for the rest of the game. Now Sweden is retaliating and has taken those kind of penalties themselves.