The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

GAA of 1.01 now after a shutout on friday. Seems like our most under rated prospect.

Demko's a very good prospect. I have him listed in my top 3 Canucks prospects right before Boeser.

GAA of 1.01 now after a shutout on friday. Seems like our most under rated prospect.

he is not under rate. He was the best goalie in this draft class and i would argue one of the best goalies in the last couple of drafts.

He should have been a first round pick and the Flames were idiots for choosing McDonald over Demko.

Edited by Gstank29
  • Upvote 1

he is not under rate. He was the best goalie in this draft class and i would argue one of the best goalies in the last couple of drafts.

He should have been a first round pick and the Flames were idiots for choosing McDonald over Demko.

They wanted some fresh McDonald's that's all.

NO hate.

Don't goalies take a bit longer, in most cases, to develop than the skaters? Maybe that's why we don't follow him so much, because he's still a few years away? How long did we wait for Schnieder?

Just seems odd that nothing was posted about his shutout until a couple days later, but some prospects goals are posted seconds after scoring is all I meant.

Don't goalies take a bit longer, in most cases, to develop than the skaters? Maybe that's why we don't follow him so much, because he's still a few years away? How long did we wait for Schnieder?

This is the way I see it.  Plus, he's in the NCAA where the Canadian fans aren't as exposed to updates regularly.  That's not meant to be a dig against the fanbase; it's just something I've noticed over the years following the Canucks prospects.

If he continues his lights out play, I wonder if there's a good chance that he'd sign and continue his career next year in the A? Keeping my fingers crossed . Schneider played in the AHL at 21 just for comparisons sake.

If he continues his lights out play, I wonder if there's a good chance that he'd sign and continue his career next year in the A? Keeping my fingers crossed . Schneider played in the AHL at 21 just for comparisons sake.

This was orginally the plan that Benning had for Demko. IT looks like he has nothing else to prove by going back to collage next year and he may very well play some games next year if Markstrome or Miller gets injured

This was orginally the plan that Benning had for Demko. IT looks like he has nothing else to prove by going back to collage next year and he may very well play some games next year if Markstrome or Miller gets injured

It also depends on if Demko wants to finish his education which isn't out of the realm of possibilities. That will take him until hes 21.