The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

And to think that Nikita is just scratching the surface!  Did he just decide, "I try hitting now!"  He had like 8-10 good hits and didn't get out of position!  He joins the rush at the right time and he shuts down the offence on his side of the ice.  His upside is scary!!!  He could be the steal of that entire draft!

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Tryamkin at 22 yrs, is already a far better player than Chara was at 22 yrs.

Tryamkin has and shows more potential than Chara ever did at this age.

Oh and,. Chara is currently 119 th in hits.

Tryamkin is 66th

ps.  Tryamkin has "more time", and his play has guaranteed that.

I am not denying any of that. I am simply saying that for a defenceman, who has such an active stick like Tryamkin, he probably won't be as physically involved as Chara, a defenceman who doesnt have an active stick very often.

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

The guy is poetry in motion

tryamkin-skating.gif?w=1158&h=633

tram-close-up-hit.gif?w=990&h=541

scissons.gif?w=1007&h=550

7 hours ago, canuckistani said:

I am not denying any of that. I am simply saying that for a defenceman, who has such an active stick like Tryamkin, he probably won't be as physically involved as Chara, a defenceman who doesnt have an active stick very often.

You did watch the game last night? And realize his hits are adding up, 65th in the league??

I added Mackcanucks quote in case you didn't get any hilights..

They say he could have tallied10 hits last night.

Dont over analyze Tryamkin's game, he brings a full tool box. :)  

He's learning fast, the Ferlund hit woke him up to this fact. It always pays to be the initiator. He was braced for the contact, I think Edler is also better initiating contact and between him and Lidster could teach this to Tryamkin. Biega is a great partner because the flow of play is 'away' from Tryamkin and Biega has great compete level for that.

He slowed the Preds hard hitting forecheck down.If we had a Kenin's type forward-- oh baby that would be cool.

41 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He's learning fast, the Ferlund hit woke him up to this fact. It always pays to be the initiator. He was braced for the contact, I think Edler is also better initiating contact and between him and Lidster could teach this to Tryamkin. Biega is a great partner because the flow of play is 'away' from Tryamkin and Biega has great compete level for that.

He slowed the Preds hard hitting forecheck down.If we had a Kenin's type forward-- oh baby that would be cool.

That's one of my gripes with this team, there's simply no forecheck prescence that scares the opposition defence to rush and make a play.

Back a few years, when we had Kesler,Torres, and Lapierre, the other defencemen constantly had their head on a swivel and it felt like we generated more offence because of it 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Zhukini said:

That's one of my gripes with this team, there's simply no forecheck prescence that scares the opposition defence to rush and make a play.

Back a few years, when we had Kesler,Torres, and Lapierre, the other defencemen constantly had their head on a swivel and it felt like we generated more offence because of it 

Burrows is aggressive, but not as much of a hitter. When Hansen comes back we'll see it more. He's not known for hitting, but he's not afraid to hit on the fore check if it helps.

On January 18, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Zhukini said:

I agree and I think Will Lockwood is going to be that type of player from the limited highlights I have seen from his first season in Michigan that is exactly what he brings.

10 hours ago, Provost said:

He is by far my favourite storyline and the biggest reason I am watching games right now.

I am enjoying the fact that no one has any idea of what player he is going to become... probably including himself.  With most other players you know what their game will be and it is just a question of how good they will become at it. 

He has shown flashes of serious physicality, and some really good offensive ability.  Those times when you see the opposition back off a step and he takes a lane right to the offensive zone... wow.

I am not saying he IS going to become something special, but that is legitimately inside of him with his skillset and he has a chance to become a true #1 in the league.  There are only a handful of those.  

When was the last time we could say that about a Canucks defenceman?

Couldn't agree more Provost. It's a real special treat to watch this young man develop in front of our eyes isn't it?! Excellent draft pick by JB and his staff...

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

This one

tryamkin-rush.gif?w=811&h=462

Not a dig, but man it's a shame that pass was a bit of a flub. That play was incredible, and a shot on net would have been huge. He had the right idea though, if Lui would have received that puck he was wide open. Great heads up play

8 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think he could have cut into the slot and went to the net (he could easily one arm the defender off of him).A Horvat move to the net should be added to his arsenal. Who's gonna stop him.

Imagine if we sent him to bo's skating coach :o

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

^^^^^^^^I think he could have cut into the slot and went to the net (he could easily one arm the defender off of him).A Horvat move to the net should be added to his arsenal. Who's gonna stop him.

Exactly! When the time comes that he goes to the net from whatever angle there will be kaos. It likely won't matter whether he actually scores because his team mates will have open season on loose pucks. Can't you just see a "Flying V" coming down the ice with Tryamkin leading. :) 

• Upvote 1

On 1/8/2017 at 11:57 AM, HomeBrew said:

This statement is quite the embellishment to say the least. There are players in the league that are just as big as Tryamkin that show far more promise than him. Just look at a player like Jamie Oleksiak - 6'7" 260. 

"Like a Mammoth pixie" I love JG, but get this guy doing Canucks games!!!!

• Upvote 2

On 2017-01-08 at 10:57 AM, HomeBrew said:

This statement is quite the embellishment to say the least. There are players in the league that are just as big as Tryamkin that show far more promise than him. Just look at a player like Jamie Oleksiak - 6'7" 260. 

Tryamkin still looks better to me,.  You have to consider this is Nik's first year on N.American sized ice...  and Oleksiak has played on it his entire life.

Edited by SilentSam

4 hours ago, shayster007 said:

Not a dig, but man it's a shame that pass was a bit of a flub. That play was incredible, and a shot on net would have been huge. He had the right idea though, if Lui would have received that puck he was wide open. Great heads up play

Hopefully Nik spends a bit of time with Bo and learns the "leg out"- "shoulder down" power moves ;)