The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

7 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

tryamki-punch.gif?w=1000&h=546

Not only did I love the way Tryamkin protected Miller and stood up to Brouwer, but also I loved how he put his huge reach to good use on this play.. 

tram-reach.gif?w=1000&h=546

His reach is phenomenal.He gets at pucks that are usually unreachable by most defenders. And he's quick with the poke check too.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

What an epic battle between Try and Broewer tonight. Imagine that over a playoff series. In a series I'd put Gud in for Stecher. And go with size against Calgary's big forwards.

IMO  you are describing what the Canucks will face in serious CUP play. It will come down to how many lighter d-men can be on the roster. It certainly appears that Stecher will be a big part of the future but the players capable of heavy play have to be there as well.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

IMO  you are describing what the Canucks will face in serious CUP play. It will come down to how many lighter d-men can be on the roster. It certainly appears that Stecher will be a big part of the future but the players capable of heavy play have to be there as well.

Yeah, I like having Tram, Guddy and Stecher all in the lineup. We need both size and skill. Not that Tram is one dimensional; he is starting to show some pretty nice offensive skills. 

Another thing  impressive about that reaching out poke check: having the strength to get the puck out of there with his arm fully extended, despite Tkachuk more or less having control of it. Upper body strength, when your arms are going out, is one thing. But having that kind of strength at full extension, and slightly off balance...wow.

The more I see out of this kid, the more excited I am becoming about his future. If Juolevi pans out (no sure thing), I can see he and Try being the #1 pairing, starting at about the 19-20 season.

14 minutes ago, Father Ryan said:

Another thing  impressive about that reaching out poke check: having the strength to get the puck out of there with his arm fully extended, despite Tkachuk more or less having control of it. Upper body strength, when your arms are going out, is one thing. But having that kind of strength at full extension, and slightly off balance...wow.

The more I see out of this kid, the more excited I am becoming about his future. If Juolevi pans out (no sure thing), I can see he and Try being the #1 pairing, starting at about the 19-20 season.

How about Tram trains MMA over the summer, and learns how to really do serious damage with his fists?  He's a huge guy, with clubs for fists.  He will literally and absolutely crush faces!  

Just now, Alflives said:

How about Tram trains MMA over the summer, and learns how to really do serious damage with his fists?  He's a huge guy, with clubs for fists.  He will literally and absolutely crush faces!  

He doesn't need to. All he needs is one good KO, and not even in a fight. Did Chris Pronger have to keep proving himself? Nope; after a few destructive checks and 1-2 fights, NO ONE messed with him anymore.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Father Ryan said:

He doesn't need to. All he needs is one good KO, and not even in a fight. Did Chris Pronger have to keep proving himself? Nope; after a few destructive checks and 1-2 fights, NO ONE messed with him anymore.

Pronged had a reputation as a very dirty player, who would do damage outside of the rules.  Chara rag dolled guys in fights, and I could see Tram doing the same.  Plus Tram is a better skater than Chara, with quicker hands.  He could become the best fighter in the game.  No one would dare go near him:)

Tryamkin reminds me of Alex Edler from 2007 to 2011...I just hope that Tryamkin can stay healthy and develop into the player that we had hoped Edler would develop into.  Still makes rookie gaffs, but Tryamkin is looking smoother, faster, and meaner with every passing game (I think hurting Richardson sort of took some starch out of his physical game for short while).  Can't wait to see how Tryamkin, Stecher and Juolevi develop over the next few seasons...hoping for a deep and versatile back-end for years to come with those three along with a healthy Gudbranson, an older Tanev and a steadier Sbisa.

One can hope.

7 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Tryamkin reminds me of Alex Edler from 2007 to 2011...I just hope that Tryamkin can stay healthy and develop into the player that we had hoped Edler would develop into.  Still makes rookie gaffs, but Tryamkin is looking smoother, faster, and meaner with every passing game (I think hurting Richardson sort of took some starch out of his physical game for short while).  Can't wait to see how Tryamkin, Stecher and Juolevi develop over the next few seasons...hoping for a deep and versatile back-end for years to come with those three along with a healthy Gudbranson, an older Tanev and a steadier Sbisa.

One can hope.

I think Ferlands hit on Try put some snarl into the return match up. He wasn't going to let Broewer get away with anything. And I like how he pushed back when Chaput was getting shoved around.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think Ferlands hit on Try put some snarl into the return match up. He wasn't going to let Broewer get away with anything. And I like how he pushed back when Chaput was getting shoved around.

I think Tram stepped up for Stecher too.  The guys must feel protected with Tram on the ice.  We get Guddy back, and that's two big mean guys on our rear guard, who can back up their mates.  

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I would agree...seems to me Tryamkin doesn't need much to be waken up, but like most big/strong guys, he seems to have a long fuse (not to imply he doesn't initiate contact/physical play).  Anytime a bear is poked (especially by an a$$-clown like Ferklund), it's a welcomed sight.  And I love the way he stands up for his teammates.

Even a little bear doesn't like to be woken up before their time...my 110 pound wife is nasty, growly, and angry when I wake her up anytime before 7:00AM. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Father Ryan said:

True. Kinda like Juice. Early in his career he fought regularly, demolishing pretty well everyone who took him on. But from the middle of his career onward, he hardly fought at all, because nobody was stupid enough to face him. 

With Tram's size and strength, like you say, one good KO and it will be pretty tough to find any player willing to take him on.

33 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

True. Kinda like Juice. Early in his career he fought regularly, demolishing pretty well everyone who took him on. But from the middle of his career onward, he hardly fought at all, because nobody was stupid enough to face him. 

With Tram's size and strength, like you say, one good KO and it will be pretty tough to find any player willing to take him on.

Chara is the same way. He rarely fights, because no one is dumb (or brave) enough to fight him. However, unlike Pronger and Chara, I think Tram is a more kind-hearted guy who is more likely only to step up physically when liberties are taken against him or his teammates.

42 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

Chara is the same way. He rarely fights, because no one is dumb (or brave) enough to fight him. However, unlike Pronger and Chara, I think Tram is a more kind-hearted guy who is more likely only to step up physically when liberties are taken against him or his teammates.

True. But I don't think it will make any difference, after one or more Kassian > Eager type career ending clobberings. Nobody's going to care whether he's doing it for fun or duty. They just won't want it happening to them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

True. But I don't think it will make any difference, after one or more Kassian > Eager type career ending clobberings. Nobody's going to care whether he's doing it for fun or duty. They just won't want it happening to them.

chris neil has been in how many fights and is still in the league right now. but still i dont want tram to get punched like that.

I dont think Tram is much of a fighter. Sure he has size, but can he throw them. Brouer had tram in a vulnerable situation very quickly with Tram's jersey over his head, if brouer had a chance to throw a couple .... who knows. The only videos iv'e seen of him fighting , he seems a bit awkward. He can destroy guys with hits, and if he'snot much of a fighter maybe that will deter some from calling him out.If not maybe a  few quick sparring lessons could be benificial.

• Upvote 1

On 2017-02-19 at 10:45 AM, bigbadcanucks said:

I would agree...seems to me Tryamkin doesn't need much to be waken up, but like most big/strong guys, he seems to have a long fuse (not to imply he doesn't initiate contact/physical play).  Anytime a bear is poked (especially by an a$$-clown like Ferklund), it's a welcomed sight.  And I love the way he stands up for his teammates.

Even a little bear doesn't like to be woken up before their time...my 110 pound wife is nasty, growly, and angry when I wake her up anytime before 7:00AM. 

I just look how far this guy has come in one season. The guy learns fast, he's getting his timing more than taking undisciplined penalties. I'm impressed with Tryampkin's learning curve. This kids skating is only out of this world considering his size. I love this addition by Benning 

• Upvote 3