The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

13 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Watched his game today 2-1 OT win over CSKA. 

In one shift he had 3 poke checks to force turnovers, one poke check got the puck out of the crease. Later he even intercepted a cross ice pass with that long staff.

He had two good offensive carries, one towards the crease and a shot and rebound on net, very simple but effective to gain the zone. Another carry he took to the high slot and waited to let the play develop, and shot on net. Not sure if Coach Peters is getting him more involved (Avto needs goals) or whether its maturity. But compared to a couple of blind dump ins I think his carries are more effective for puck possession.  I think his carries are helped a lot by his skating and speed through the neutral zone,  making opponents back off. He played 3 on 3 OT which was pretty exciting, he broke up a 2 on 1 and helped regain the puck. 

Absolutely love the fact Try is playing for Peters. An NHL coach who can fine tune Try's game towards a NHL game. IMHO too many Canuck fans are remembering Try's game from 4 years ago when the team was very weak. If/when he returns to Van it will be to a far more talented roster. How does he compliment that roster and just as importantly how does the improved skill level help Try's game?  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Absolutely love the fact Try is playing for Peters. An NHL coach who can fine tune Try's game towards a NHL game. IMHO too many Canuck fans are remembering Try's game from 4 years ago when the team was very weak. If/when he returns to Van it will be to a far more talented roster. How does he compliment that roster and just as importantly how does the improved skill level help Try's game?  

One thing I remember about Tram was that his passes were harder than Henrik's slapshots, and were difficult to receive cleanly. I think the improved skill level on the team will make him look like a better passer, as guys like JT, Petey and Brock will have little problem with his long hard passes.

• Cheers 1

On 1/2/2021 at 2:39 PM, janisahockeynut said:

I would like to see Benning address this issue of sign and loan back

Either he can or he can't

IMO, Benning is very negligent in how he addresses issues around Tryamkin, and should know what his fans want

Especially, when this year revenues are going to be so dismal

I would like to see weekly follow ups on all our prospects weekly play, development, chances of success, chances of coming over etc

After all....who is ultimately paying his salary

Just a revue and summary.......he has to know how crazy this market is....how hungry we are for info

Sure he has other things, but ultimately he works for us

Maybe have Higgins/Smyl do it............ it would keep us buzzing

I'd love to see videos produced and posted at least once in the odd while, of overseas interviews by the Canucks org. with some of our more promising picks, including Tryamkin.  Even with a translator. Get shots of him away from the ice as well. Get a read on our up n comers.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

I'd love to see videos produced and posted at least once in the odd while, of overseas interviews by the Canucks org. with some of our more promising picks, including Tryamkin.  Even with a translator. Get shots of him away from the ice as well. Get a read on our up n comers.

The reason there probably isn’t is that unless it’s a sign and loan they have to be careful. The NHL draft isn’t a right to the player, it’s a right to that player if they chose to play  in NA.  Until that point where a contract is signed they have to respect that player and the team/company they play for.

If the Canucks try to create a network of affiliates clubs in the European leagues with a similar view to working with European players like the CHL does with Canadian players then it’s more than likely that interviews etc will happen as it An establish path/gateway.

12 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

The reason there probably isn’t is that unless it’s a sign and loan they have to be careful. The NHL draft isn’t a right to the player, it’s a right to that player if they chose to play  in NA.  Until that point where a contract is signed they have to respect that player and the team/company they play for.

If the Canucks try to create a network of affiliates clubs in the European leagues with a similar view to working with European players like the CHL does with Canadian players then it’s more than likely that interviews etc will happen as it An establish path/gateway.

I see what you are saying.  But there should be nothing wrong with simply interviewing and if possible take some video of on ice and off ice, not as representatives of an NHL teams management, but as a Vancouver sports news story for Vancouver hockey fans.  We have not signed him to an ELC but he is one of our draft picks.  They could even contract out a third party to do it.

But maybe you are right. They wouldn't allow any Canadian media access to Russian players under contract to the KHL, or SKA.  Who knows. Russians are a fickle people. And they also would probably ask for something in return

Edited by kilgore

8 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

If Podz is said to be signing in April hopefully Try might too.

I hope he comes over but if he signs in April it would be for a contract starting in the new season. He won’t be able to play for us this season if he signs then 

On 1/2/2021 at 2:39 PM, janisahockeynut said:

I would like to see Benning address this issue of sign and loan back

Either he can or he can't

IMO, Benning is very negligent in how he addresses issues around Tryamkin, and should know what his fans want

Especially, when this year revenues are going to be so dismal

I would like to see weekly follow ups on all our prospects weekly play, development, chances of success, chances of coming over etc

After all....who is ultimately paying his salary

Just a revue and summary.......he has to know how crazy this market is....how hungry we are for info

Sure he has other things, but ultimately he works for us

Maybe have Higgins/Smyl do it............ it would keep us buzzing

‘After all, who is paying his salary?’ That would be ownership - without crowd revenues, especially this year.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

If Podz is said to be signing in April hopefully Try might too.

Unfortunately it is a different deal for players who aren't signing their first contracts.  They have to sign before Dec 1st (or whatever equivalent date this season) or aren't eligible to play for the rest of the season.  Tryamkin could play here at the end of his season when he signed on his ELC, just as Podkolzin can... but not now that he isn't signing his first ELC.

We don't really want to sign him now anyways as it means he would need to be protected in expansion whereas he doesn't now.  If we can get him for a 2 year deal at reasonable money in the summer... that would be perfect for us.  D will be at a little bit of a premium since Seattle will have stolen some from other teams.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

Unfortunately it is a different deal for players who aren't signing their first contracts.  They have to sign before Dec 1st (or whatever equivalent date this season) or aren't eligible to play for the rest of the season.  Tryamkin could play here at the end of his season when he signed on his ELC, just as Podkolzin can... but not now that he isn't signing his first ELC.

We don't really want to sign him now anyways as it means he would need to be protected in expansion whereas he doesn't now.  If we can get him for a 2 year deal at reasonable money in the summer... that would be perfect for us.  D will be at a little bit of a premium since Seattle will have stolen some from other teams.

Love your choice of words.... pretty close to the truth though.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Love your choice of words.... pretty close to the truth though.

Not sure that paying $650 million qualifies as "stealing" 

The $21.67 million that each owner gets will buy a lot of replacement defensemen

Edited by Googlie

27 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Not sure that paying $650 million qualifies as "stealing" 

The $21.67 million that each owner gets will buy a lot of replacement defensemen

Very true. I was thinking more of past expansions where the new teams basically got only cast offs and not an immediate contender like Vegas was handed and Seattle may also be handed. Canucks went through some tough years in the early 70's as an expansion team.

• Wat 1

4 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Very true. I was thinking more of past expansions where the new teams basically got only cast offs and not an immediate contender like Vegas was handed and Seattle may also be handed. Canucks went through some tough years in the early 70's as an expansion team.

Sucks for the older teams that got poor deals, but for Vegas and seatle it is good, plus it’s better for the league and the longer term viability of those teams. Better to have more contributors to the revenue share than receivers 

• Vintage 1

8 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

I hope he comes over but if he signs in April it would be for a contract starting in the new season. He won’t be able to play for us this season if he signs then 

Pod or Tryam?

I think both can play for us this season even if they sign a 2020/2021 contract after April since they are both on our Reserve list of players.

45 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Pod or Tryam?

I think both can play for us this season even if they sign a 2020/2021 contract after April since they are both on our Reserve list of players.

Tryamkin because he’s an Rfa, Pod can because it’s a ELC

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Sucks for the older teams that got poor deals, but for Vegas and seatle it is good, plus it’s better for the league and the longer term viability of those teams. Better to have more contributors to the revenue share than receivers 

I agree in part with what you are saying but think the number of players a team could protect should have been upped by one forward and one D man to 8F-4D -1G. The expansion rule as it was; was a bit to generous IMO.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I agree in part with what you are saying but think the number of players a team could protect should have been upped by one forward and one D man to 8F-4D -1G. The expansion rule as it was; was a bit to generous IMO.

I don’t disagree, I think it makes sense for a new team to be competitive to draw the fans in and keep them out the gate, however Vegas was a bit to strong. Although in part I think that is down to bonehead gms making side table deals which just screwed everyone 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1