The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

28 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Apparently Nikita was struggling pretty bad during the bag skate today.  via 1040 

big guy, probably first time experiencing a skate like that, will only do him good, not overly surprised to hear him struggle, I doubt the khl practices and training etc are on par with the nhl.

Wake up call for him I bet

17 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

Got married at 22.. Ain't nothing wrong with that.  I've been lucky enough to live a pretty special life since then.  If you marry the right woman, THAT is living.  The greatest gift of all ;) 

oh ya for sure, it is just quite young that is all, its pretty hard to find a keeper now a days, or you think you do then down the road good ole divorce rises up, seems to be the norm nowadays

Just now, Yotes said:

oh ya for sure, it is just quite young that is all, its pretty hard to find a keeper now a days, or you think you do then down the road good ole divorce rises up, seems to be the norm nowadays

That's because today's generation (generally speaking). Isn't willing to work for anything and expects things to either be perfect or expects thing to come easy.  The key to a successful marriage is finding that special somebody you want to go to hell and back with ;)   If you believe there is no option for divorce it forces you to work through things, for better or worse.  I'm much too young to sound this damn old!  lol 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

That's because today's generation (generally speaking). Isn't willing to work for anything and expects things to either be perfect or expects thing to come easy.  The key to a successful marriage is finding that special somebody you want to go to hell and back with ;)   If you believe there is no option for divorce it forces you to work through things, for better or worse.  I'm much too young to sound this damn old!  lol 

haha, just wise, i completely agree with you though! some ppl i guess  find that at 22, others take longer, maybe even a divorce has to happen first too...

4 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

haha, just wise, i completely agree with you though! some ppl i guess  find that at 22, others take longer, maybe even a divorce has to happen first too...

1 minute ago, The 5th Line said:

Nah.  He's just not in great shape.

i expect to see him in better shape next fall than for the remainder of this year, as long as he sticks to the canucks recommendations over the summer training wise

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Yotes said:

big guy, probably first time experiencing a skate like that, will only do him good, not overly surprised to hear him struggle, I doubt the khl practices and training etc are on par with the nhl.

Wake up call for him I bet

Jeff Paterson @patersonjeff 2h2 hours ago

Tryamkin asked about bag skate: 'I'm very tired' he said with a smile without need for translator.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Yotes said:

i expect to see him in better shape next fall than for the remainder of this year, as long as he sticks to the canucks recommendations over the summer training wise

Yup exactly why he's here, it'll give him a great grasp on what he needs to do.. Hoping he stays so training staff and some of the guys can help him adjust and feel truly at home.

as far as jet lag, I'm sure you all can remember the importance Hockey Canada put on getting the players there as early as possible to allow for the maximum adjustment period.  It takes time to adjust to that big of a difference.  Sleep clock adjustment food etc.  No need to rush.  Really looking forward to seeing him, not just for the hype.. Just excite for another one of our picks to get a shot!  

1 hour ago, TheOgRook said:

Got married at 22.. Ain't nothing wrong with that.  I've been lucky enough to live a pretty special life since then.  If you marry the right woman, THAT is living.  The greatest gift of all ;) 

This is pretty common in Russia to get married as 22-25 years old.

Edited by Stierlitz
grammar

11 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

Yup exactly why he's here, it'll give him a great grasp on what he needs to do.. Hoping he stays so training staff and some of the guys can help him adjust and feel truly at home.

as far as jet lag, I'm sure you all can remember the importance Hockey Canada put on getting the players there as early as possible to allow for the maximum adjustment period.  It takes time to adjust to that big of a difference.  Sleep clock adjustment food etc.  No need to rush.  Really looking forward to seeing him, not just for the hype.. Just excite for another one of our picks to get a shot!  

He's played a lot of hockey the last few years. And I'm sure the KHL isn't that far "behind" the NHL in physical training. Jet lag has bigger effect than a person would realize till you've experienced it. He's about 10 hrs difference and I can imagine he's had some pretty restless sleeps over the last few days. I'm sure his conditioning will improve quite a bit over the next month or so. 

1 minute ago, The 5th Line said:

Is it really that hard to believe that he might be out of shape compared to our NHL players, or that he may still be jet lagged?  Or should we just refuse that there is anything wrong with our shiny new toy?  

He was just playing in the KHL playoffs like 2 weeks ago and was playing more minutes than anyone.

If he looked out of shape it's because he's played some hard minutes over the last few weeks.