The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

9 hours ago, Yotes said:

"I think this week (he'll play). It's going to be a big transition and I don't know if he really realizes." - Linden on Tryamkin

"The size of the rink, the speed, the decision-making process when you go back for the puck." - Linden on Tryamkin

This is the biggest question mark surrounding Tramking. He has all the tools that a player needs to be an NHL defenseman with mobility, a good shot, great reach and physical play. It's all going to boil down to how quickly he can make those split-second decisions and know when to hold the puck to let the play develop. Coaching is the other element that will make the difference in his transition, so hopefully he is getting good direction and understands where he needs to be on the ice.

As with all defenseman the key will be to limit his mistakes, because there is no such thing as a perfect game. Anyone expecting perfection is going to be disappointed, but if he can limit his game to only a few mistakes and show some ability to make a pass and clear the crease, I will consider his debut a success.

Edited by canuckledraggin

21 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Way to much pressure on the kid already.  I feel bad for him

Honestly, I think (hope) that's a a minority of people. I think people are understandably excited and intrigued about his skill set and potential. Certainly interested to see him in an actual NHL game and get a better idea of what exactly we have.

But I think most people understand he's not going to come out of the gate looking like the love child of Chara and Niedermayer Wednesday.

Play a simple game, limit mistakes, play limited/3rd pair minutes. That's all I'm hoping for. Some glimpses of his skating/passing/breaking up plays with his stick and ability to rub guys off the puck simply by leaning on them in game one would be a bonus. But those things are going to take more time to adapt to the pace/speed/time/gap differences vs KHL ice and hockey before they become regular/habit.

8 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

This is the biggest question mark surrounding Tramking. He has all the tools that a player needs to be an NHL defenseman with mobility, a good shot, great reach and physical play. It's all going to boil down to how quickly he can make those split-second decisions and know when to hold the puck to let the play develop. Coaching is the other element that will make the difference in his transition, so hopefully he is getting good direction and understands where he needs to be on the ice.

As with all defenseman the key will be to limit his mistakes, because there is no such thing as a perfect game. Anyone expecting perfection is going to be disappointed, but if he can limit his game to only a few mistakes and show some ability to make a pass and clear the crease, I will consider his debut a success.

Exactly this. And let's face it, Tryamkin is going to be compared to titans such as Weber, Bartkowski, Biega, Pedan and Sbisa - anything resembling a 6/10 performance will see him automatically rosterbated into our top 4.

18 minutes ago, Captain Woodget said:

Exactly this. And let's face it, Tryamkin is going to be compared to titans such as Weber, Bartkowski, Biega, Pedan and Sbisa - anything resembling a 6/10 performance will see him automatically rosterbated into our top 4.

top prospects should be challenged and should be compared to something....when i say top i mean in a different level for tryamkin... seems everyone is just over excited , or just excited to see something good this season...

1 minute ago, SedinMadness said:

top prospects should be challenged and should be compared to something....when i say top i mean in a different level for tryamkin... seems everyone is just over excited , or just excited to see something good this season...

Don't you think, because our old core is...old, we need to look for HOPE in our future?  I agree with you.  All our prospects are our hope for better seasons ahead.  This guy is big, mean, skilled, and can really skate well.  I'm really excited to see him now and three years from now too.  

• Upvote 1

Just hoping the Canucks give him a fair shot, allow him to make mistakes and learn. The last thing we want is for him to say "forget this crap" and bolt back the KHL. I can see our media and rabid fan base having a negative impact. I guess it's a plus that he is not fluent in English yet.

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

This is where having a guy like hammer around to finish off the year is a good thing and more valuable than a 3rd.  He will help Tram feel comfortable, and will also help him temper the expectations and pressure being put in him.  Who knows better than Hammer how fickle the media and fans can be around here.  

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

Ya but he can barely understand us. I don't think he'll feel the pressure as much as people think. And man he has huge self confidence and looks very sure of him self if you watch the interview with him n his translator that right there make me believe in this guy.

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

That pressure will be amplifed and accepted by the beast Tryamkin when he crushes Holden into the boards lol.  The fans will go craazaazzyy and Tryammmkinnnn  will stand and scream are you not entertained?  

He will feed off the hype and crush newbs in the process. ^^

I think this is how we all see it going down isn't it?

20 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I'm going to try my best" - Tryamkin, on his debut Wednesday night

His fiancée will also arrive in Vancouver next week, but no one from the family will make it in time for his NHL debut.

jesus! married at 21 yikes, gotta live life a little their Russian giant!

Canucks should limit his media availability or only allow his translator to answer specified questions, if he is a bit wary of the language barrier and how he will be perceived best to sort of limit his media presence