The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

12 hours ago, D-Money said:

Why is loyalty measured by the NHL team who drafted him. Isn't taking LESS money to play for his hometown team and benefit his family a show of MORE character? 

On what planet does commitment to a foreign multi-million-dollar business supersede commitment to your home, family, and country?

Can you substantiate any of this garbage?

I mean if that was indeed the case why the hell did he come back in the first place?

15 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Why is loyalty measured by the NHL team who drafted him. 

haha hahaha it just is partner.  

Your Fan Fare Beliefs of your favourite NHL Team and how it's players should behave or conform,   really mean little in comparison to building a contending Buissiness in the NHL if you want to win a Stanley Cup.

Edited by SilentSam

5 hours ago, ohmy said:

Home and family should always come before work. That is just common sense.  Money can always be made but family is forever. I have made a lot of sacrifices for the greater good of my family which is exactly what Tryamkin did. End of story.  He also never came back he came over for the first time to play in the best league in the world. When or if he does come back we would be idiotic to not welcome him back with open arms. You would lose your job saying no to that kind of potential. 

The fact is you don't know any of that for certain.

As for your last sentence, sorry but is this Karlsson or Doughty we are talking about here? He is nowhere near what Edler was for example at his age. It seems we are now in the realms of myth and legend where this guy is concerned.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

The fact is you don't know any of that for certain.

As for your last sentence, sorry but is this Karlsson or Doughty we are talking about here? He is nowhere near what Edler was for example at his age. It seems we are now in the realms of myth and legend where this guy is concerned.

It's common sense really I dont need to be certain. Unless your suggesting he tucked his tail and ran to the KHL then that is fine your allowed to have an opinion. I guess the only way we will know is if he comes back. I also didn't make those comparables but you cant deny he has traits that no D in the league has and that is a fact.  If he was able to put it all together that is one scary guy to play against. So you say yes every time with open arms if Try wants to be a Canuck. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/28/2017 at 10:01 AM, canucklehead44 said:

Vancouver has a tough time with Russian players. I find it interesting given the fact that Vancouver played a pivotal role in Russian players coming to the NHL.

- Chubarov left abruptly after a career high 12 goals.
- Kirill Koltsov bolts mid-season after putting up some very dominant AHL numbers
- Fedor Fedorov had potential, but I think he just wasn't nearly as good as we though. Either way he didn't succeed here.  

- Shirokov lead our AHL team in goals both seasons and only received 8 games. Scored a goal in his second call-up and was benched right after. 

- Tryamkin left
- Burmistrov left

Hope Goldobin finally turns things around for us! 

That krill Koltsov pick hurt so bad, 4 picks after him Chi drafts Duncan Keith. Holy crap! And almost the entire Nonis era was a draft bust 

14 hours ago, ohmy said:

It's common sense really I dont need to be certain. Unless your suggesting he tucked his tail and ran to the KHL then that is fine your allowed to have an opinion. I guess the only way we will know is if he comes back. I also didn't make those comparables but you cant deny he has traits that no D in the league has and that is a fact.  If he was able to put it all together that is one scary guy to play against. So you say yes every time with open arms if Try wants to be a Canuck. 

He is not all those things together though is he? That is my point.

Of course I would have him back in a heartbeat, but I'm under no illusions, unlike many on here, that he will be any more than a 4th D. (which I would be happy with)

He doesn't even want to play an intimidating game apparently so it's not like we are going to have a beast. Any coach asking him to play to his strengths is in danger of sending him home again.

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

He is not all those things together though is he? That is my point.

Of course I would have him back in a heartbeat, but I'm under no illusions, unlike many on here, that he will be any more than a 4th D. (which I would be happy with)

He doesn't even want to play an intimidating game apparently so it's not like we are going to have a beast. Any coach asking him to play to his strengths is in danger of sending him home again.

I had to know so I looked up his PIMs this year. 107 in 41 games and 2 suspensions that I'm aware of. So apparently that's false.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=123119

11 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

I had to know so I looked up his PIMs this year. 107 in 41 games and 2 suspensions that I'm aware of. So apparently that's false.

He's a big guy, so it could be a lot of weak penalties because of his height and strength. Some of those are bound to be from physical play though. Certainly the suspensions were nothing to do with being intimidating, as they were related to misconduct towards the refs rather than hits or anything.

18 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

Two things here. Firstly I think this was something he alluded to himself. Secondly, does it not depend what these PIMs were for?

Yeah, his PIM totals (he has the most penalty minutes in the KHL) are inflated by a few match penalties. I believe 75 of those 107 minutes were from the 2 abuse of officials infractions (both were 5+20) and also a tripping major (slew foot IIRC) and game misconduct.

On the other hand, he is tied for third in the KHL with 98 hits.

And several of his minor penalties have been from the more agressive and physical type of infractions (roughing, boarding, etc).

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

So, pretty much what he was doing here, just with the suspensions. He was already hitting a lot, just not being that intimidating factor outside of his size. He was effective though, and sure still is now if discipline doesn't get in the way.

Has Benning been on record this year at all talking about Tryamkin and his season so far? Is there an option to buy him out of his KHL deal this summer and come back to play for us?

If we can move out Edler, I would really like to see Tryamkin back here in a top 4 role. I think we need to utilize him more if he ever returns and try him out as the trigger man from the point on the PP.

Tryamkin Tanev or Juolevi Tryamkin pairing looks good to me in the future.

If Gudbranson is going to be traded or walk as a FA we could really use this guy back. I wonder how sour the Canucks were when he went back home, is the door open or have we tried pushing that big Russian door open to try and get him back? 1yr 3.5m deal then go longer term if he does well

2 hours ago, Yotes said:

If we can move out Edler...

If Gudbranson is going to be traded or walk as a FA...

Going to take more than just an Edler move to make room for Tryamkin (who I wouldn't expect back for at least another year FWIW). MDZ, Hutton, Pouliot, Holme already there as depth with Juolevi, McEneny etc possibly knocking on the door next year.

Gudbranson is not likely walking as a UFA either. If he gets traded Pouliot can certainly play right side and Biega can fill in part time but we'd be lacking size and grit on our back end big time.

This season, we hopefully get another top pick and solidify our prospect pool moving forward. I'm not worried about wins / losses, just seeing our young players improve.  
Next season, I think it's imperative we start our upswing. 

I believe our chances of getting Tryamkin back will improve dramatically if we start winning. 
I've already accepted that he is no longer a canuck. If we can somehow get him back, I'd consider that a huge bonus. Almost like an additional top pick next year. 
Playing well next season and nearly missing, or barely scraping into the playoffs would be amazing if that's what convinced Tryamkin to return. 

In my opinion a mid range pick + tryamkin would be more beneficial than another top end pick.
He's got top 2 written all over him, if not the potential #1 we've always yearned for.

I drool over a Tryamkin - Juolevi (Or Dahlin... oh PLEASE!) pairing. 

Do you think the state of the Canucks will have any bearing on Tryamkin's decision at the end of his KHL contact? 
Or is he gone for good? 

Willie swept off the wrong dman with that broom of a stash. 

6 hours ago, LooksGoodOnPaper said:

This season, we hopefully get another top pick and solidify our prospect pool moving forward. I'm not worried about wins / losses, just seeing our young players improve.  
Next season, I think it's imperative we start our upswing. 

I believe our chances of getting Tryamkin back will improve dramatically if we start winning. 
I've already accepted that he is no longer a canuck. If we can somehow get him back, I'd consider that a huge bonus. Almost like an additional top pick next year. 
Playing well next season and nearly missing, or barely scraping into the playoffs would be amazing if that's what convinced Tryamkin to return. 

In my opinion a mid range pick + tryamkin would be more beneficial than another top end pick.
He's got top 2 written all over him, if not the potential #1 we've always yearned for.

I drool over a Tryamkin - Juolevi (Or Dahlin... oh PLEASE!) pairing. 

Do you think the state of the Canucks will have any bearing on Tryamkin's decision at the end of his KHL contact? 
Or is he gone for good? 

Willie swept off the wrong dman with that broom of a stash. 

I think he'll come back, he sounds like he wants to after his contract is done. He at least now knows what to expect and it won't be such a culture shock for him and his GF (wife?). 

I think we still have a few seasons of being a bottom feeder, realistically until Pettersson is making an impact as a top line player and we have revamped our D we'll be in the bottom, Tanev and Edler are getting older and it doesn't look right now that anyone on the roster is going to step up and be able to fill their shoes. Juolevi is the only real talent we have in the pipeline so let's pray for Dahlin and Tryamkin to come back or JB is really going to have to make magic happen to turn our D corps into a cup caliber crew

8 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

I think he'll come back, he sounds like he wants to after his contract is done. He at least now knows what to expect and it won't be such a culture shock for him and his GF (wife?). 

I think we still have a few seasons of being a bottom feeder, realistically until Pettersson is making an impact as a top line player and we have revamped our D we'll be in the bottom, Tanev and Edler are getting older and it doesn't look right now that anyone on the roster is going to step up and be able to fill their shoes. Juolevi is the only real talent we have in the pipeline so let's pray for Dahlin and Tryamkin to come back or JB is really going to have to make magic happen to turn our D corps into a cup caliber crew

Other than the fact that Tryamkin is not playing for the Canucks Benning is in a good position. The better Tryamkin plays in the KHL the more value he has as a potential Canuck or as a trade chip. After this season Canucks have his rights for 2 more years. He has to be traded if a new deal is not made.