The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Just a few words about the Avtomobilist (Avto) financial situation... Last summer the club got major sponsor with deep pockets, that was the reason Avto was able to sign Tryamkin and other good experienced players. I remember reading interview with the club's general manager last September who was talking about this positive change. In fact, revenue for the KHL clubs are coming mostly from sponsors and advertisement, ticket sales represent small part of this.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:55 PM, SilentSam said:

No word on the Olympic selection yet?

perhaps after this weekend ?

The Russian Olympic hockey team will be officially announced on Jan 25, 2018. Tryamkin made this difficult for himself by getting 2-game suspension in the KHL for angrily pretending to throw the puck to a referee.

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

The Russian Olympic hockey team will be officially announced on Jan 25, 2018. Tryamkin made this difficult for himself by getting 2-game suspension in the KHL for angrily pretending to throw the puck to a referee.

I think the Russian Squad needs him,.  and if he is getting that frustrated with the Russian refereeing, his 2nd time I believe,. Then it’s time to come back already :) 

thanks stierlitz

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

This is becoming quite the trend with Tryamkin isn't it?  I'd only want him to come back if he a} wants to be here and b} wants to put in the work to become great.  Now I am beginning to think neither of those will come true.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

This is becoming quite the trend with Tryamkin isn't it?  I'd only want him to come back if he a} wants to be here and b} wants to put in the work to become great.  Now I am beginning to think neither of those will come true.

You might be right but what a silly incident to make you think so.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

You would give this up? 

Kids getting his swagger,. Get out if his way. -> ->

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/905490289745211392/photo/1

• Upvote 2

On 2018-01-16 at 7:06 AM, Tre Mac said:

I like a big defencemen with a miserable temperament.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I like a big defencemen with a miserable temperament.

I thought Tryamkin did not want to watch Bieksa 'best of' videos? Just kidding. Worst thing about Gudbranson missing last season was his not being able to mentor Tryamkin. IMHO he would have been a great influence. Kinda of a win-win with Tryamkin. The better he plays in the KHL the higher is return will be in a trade if it comes to that. 2 year window. If he wants to return to Van then Benning can resign him to a higher CAP hit with the insurance of dealing him later if need be.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

resign him to a higher CAP hit with the insurance of dealing him later if need be

Why wait the extra year? The KHL teams will accept a buyout. Get him back here, if needed, guarantee no AHL time, no big deal, offer him Guddy money, 3.5 to 5 over 5 years, a staggered contract with a big signing bonus. Hire a management assistant if these guys are still around, whose job it is to make sure rookies and non speaking players are taken care of so there is no misinterpretations.

Edited by TheGuardian_
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Why wait the extra year? The KHL teams will accept a buyout. Get him back here, if needed, guarantee no AHL time, no big deal, offer him Guddy money, 3.5 to 5 over 5 years, a staggered contract with a big signing bonus. Hire a management assistant if these guys are still around, whose job it is to make sure rookies and non speaking players are taken care of so there is no misinterpretations.

If he makes the Russian Olympic Team, I’d like to think the Canucks brass is over there promoting that notion.. or as his KHL season ends this year.

Theres something special about Nik, and I hope we get to see it in Vancouver again.

he’s had 2 minor suspensions for chirping off or in frustration of the KHL refs.

perhaps he realizes the refereeing in the NHL allows you to play with emotion, whereas he might be getting nailed on it there..  a + for us, either way.

15 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

If he makes the Russian Olympic Team, I’d like to think the Canucks brass is over there promoting that notion.. or as his KHL season ends this year.

Theres something special about Nik, and I hope we get to see it in Vancouver again.

he’s had 2 minor suspensions for chirping off or in frustration of the KHL refs.

perhaps he realizes the refereeing in the NHL allows you to play with emotion, whereas he might be getting nailed on it there..  a + for us, either way.

Poise, he never looked like he was frantic or overwhelmed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

We miss him, Re-sign Gudbransson, get Nik back 

https://youtu.be/jACfArbgyVw

Can't you just imagine those two on the same pairing! Gudbranson is an interesting personality. He has traveled the world and has a real ability of talking to people. In my mind if he had not been injured last year he might have had a big role in Tryamkin's transition to the NHL game. Two big guys who could empathize with fan expectations. 

• Upvote 1