The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On 2/13/2019 at 11:56 PM, cuporbust said:

What lesson? Dipietro s last game would have happened to anyone . Is that what u are talking about ? Lol. CdC is hilarious . First NHL game and he is a bust. I love it . 

You are expecting a kid that is not even in a professional league against the likes of Karlsson, Burns, Thornton, Pavelski and co during mid season when he doesn't know how his own team plays to not get lit up? Seriosly?Image result for slap to the back of the head

Edited by smokes

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Any player who appears to have folded his tent as quickly as Tryamkin did will have questions surrounding him by management. IMHO anyone who thinks Willie D 

was the only reason he left are missing some key points. If anything I thing Tryamkin has a bigger challenge than he did when he first came. The positive is that he will have another 3 years of pro experience. I do not hold out a lot of hope that he will give it another try. If his team wins the KHL Cup he will be in a strong position to resign there.  

At least the chance of Tryamkin being back is far greater than the return of Desjardins. ;)

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

At least the chance of Tryamkin being back is far greater than the return of Desjardins. ;)

If Tryamkin comes back, and we signed EK, our D would be seriously good.

EK - OJ

Tree - Hughes

Hutton - Stecher

Guddy.

Woo soon to come up and push Guddy out.  Pressure from Brisebois, and Saunter on the guys too.  

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

EK - OJ

Tree - Hughes

Hutton - Stecher

Guddy.

Woo soon to come up and push Guddy out.  Pressure from Brisebois, and Saunter on the guys too.  

You are so “ON” with your meds today Alf!

Love it when we wear the same rose coloured glasses :towel:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

EK - OJ

Tree - Hughes

Hutton - Stecher

Guddy.

Alf,  keep an eye on Rathbone and Eliot..  these kids are the wave after, probably time in with Woo’s arrival.

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

Problem with that is that it's at a lesser level of competition. That's not ideal if you actually want NHL level progression.

Damn, we should stop playing our draft picks in the AHL because it's not NHL competition and they aren't learning anything.  We should bring them all onto the big team right away or they will not be getting optimum preparation.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Damn, we should stop playing our draft picks in the AHL because it's not NHL competition and they aren't learning anything.  We should bring them all onto the big team right away or they will not be getting optimum preparation.  

That's not what I said.

He's capable of playing in the NHL, agreed?

Is he going to develop as well, playing in the KHL? No. There's far more risk of stagnation playing in the KHL where he's not be challenged as much by opposition or pushed from as much competition for his roster spot.

That's all I'm saying.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

That's not what I said.

He's capable of playing in the NHL, agreed?

Is he going to develop as well, playing in the KHL? No. There's far more risk of stagnation playing in the KHL where he's not be challenged as much by opposition or pushed from as much competition for his roster spot.

That's all I'm saying.

sure, he's probably good enough to play nhl minutes, but he's definitely not TOO GOOD for the khl, either. 

edit: not to mention, the entire reason he went to the khl in the first place is because he doesn't like having to compete for his ice time.

Edited by tas
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

he's not going to stagnate unless he becomes that much better than the competition, which he isn't, and frankly, won't be. 

Disagree. And I'm talking in relative terms.

I don't know how anyone could argue that he's not going to get challenged as much by opposition or pushed from as much competition for his roster spot, in the KHL as he would in the NHL. Clearly that's not the optimum amount of developmental pressure for him to get the most out of himself. Clearly, playing in the KHL is far more 'comfortable'. 

I don't really see how or why this is disputable.

Tryamkins game in the NHL is actually more dynamic than what I have seen in the KHL.

His size and speed on gap coverage is exciting to watch on the smaller ice surface.

On the European ice,  forward tend to have more room, and can create more space..  less in the NHL.

Tryamkin is quick!

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Disagree. And I'm talking in relative terms.

I don't know how anyone could argue that he's not going to get challenged as much by opposition or pushed from as much competition for his roster spot, in the KHL as he would in the NHL. Clearly that's not the optimum amount of developmental pressure for him to get the most out of himself. Clearly, playing in the KHL is far more 'comfortable'. 

I don't really see how or why this is disputable.

like I edited into my original response, the lack of pressure and competition is the whole reason tryamkin bailed on the nhl in the first place. he's not cut out for competing for his minutes. 

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

17 minutes ago, tas said:

like I edited into my original response, the lack of pressure and competition is the whole reason tryamkin bailed on the nhl in the first place. he's not cut out for competing for his minutes. 

Perhaps.

It certainly isn't going to be helped being relatively coddled in the K.

28 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Perhaps.

It certainly isn't going to be helped being relatively coddled in the K.

I still disagree that he's being coddled by playing against players who are at the same level as him. it's not like he's some elite standout over there. he's a decent top 4 defenceman in a 2nd tier league, which means he's no better than a bottom pairing guy in the nhl. he's not interested in having to work his way up the lineup, so I just don't see a scenario where he doesn't take his ball and go home. 

I really hope the canucks cut bait on this guy like they did with jordan subban so I can stop reading all the pining on this website. move on. he's dating someone else now. he doesn't love you anymore. find somebody else. 

• Haha 2

Avto is playing the last game of the regular season tomorrow in Podolsk but the team has already secured the 1st place in the Eastern conference couple games ago and will play Tractor from Chelyabinsk (8th place) in playoffs. The playoffs start on Feb 25.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

He’s been an all star 2 years in a row. Named to the National Team as a 22yr old.

He is a big part of his team being best contenders for the KHL championship this season.

Led In hits for Canucks, roughly 15th overall in the NHL in his rookie season with us. (If I remember correctly).

The 21 year old that tossed around Jamie Benn and others as I recall.

Sounds like he took your balls and went home.

neither of us have even heard of about 2/3 of every russian national team so that's not exactly shocking. hitting a lot (meaning the puck isn't on his stick) and fighting an art ross trophy winner don't blow my skirt up the same way they seem to yours, but to each their own. 

it's cool he was an all star, though.