The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

Goldy and Tryamkin were on a live instagram video where Tryamkin said he wants to come back to Vancouver, but is just waiting on a contract. Myers-Tryamkin the Two Towers are looming!

This is uber interesting Shayster,.  I’ve been watching Avtomobilist stack their roster, and what seems to be pushing themselves far past the New KHL Cap of 13.5 m per team usd.

Its had me wondering if they realize they are going to lose Tryamkin next season when his contract expires,. If Avtomobilist is willing to release him for 1/2 of his contract salary (aprx. $350,000.oo usd), and at least get something for him now?

This a least tears me away from the Eriksson thread !!  Thank you.

see if I can wake up @Hairy Kneel & @Stierlitz for this chit chat.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Goldy and Tryamkin were on a live instagram video where Tryamkin said he wants to come back to Vancouver, but is just waiting on a contract. Myers-Tryamkin the Two Towers are looming!

ShaysterHyster Mr. DoubleOh...that is a juicy rumour....!

....Now we have to sign Goldy...

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

ShaysterHyster Mr. DoubleOh...that is a juicy rumour....!

....Now we have to sign Goldy...

Oh man... Do we have to? 

Kidding... Kinda? I'm rooting hard for Goldy this year, guy has such a high ceiling it's crazy. Would love to see him earn a spot this year with strong play away from the pick.

But yeah, I thought this was interesting. I'd be happy to have big Nik back, just hoping he has progressed instead of stagnating like I'm worried he has.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, shayster007 said:

Oh man... Do we have to? 

Kidding... Kinda? I'm rooting hard for Goldy this year, guy has such a high ceiling it's crazy. Would love to see him earn a spot this year with strong play away from the pick.

But yeah, I thought this was interesting. I'd be happy to have big Nik back, just hoping he has progressed instead of stagnating like I'm worried he has.

There are 3 strong lines on which Goldobrin should be able to flourish this season.. by strong I mean consistency amongst lines vs injury time or productions having to be compensated by twisting the best into 2 lines.

This should be the season of the 45 second rule,. at that point, unless you are involved in a pressure situation on the ice, your looking to exit to the gate at full speed.

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2019 at 8:26 AM, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Obviously if the contract demand is ludicrous, we shouldn't attempt to sign him, but with Myers at a reasonable 6 mil per year, we can then trade Tanev and release that 4,5 mil cap hit. This allows us to bring Tryamkin back (2020-2021) and keep Stecher in the lineupp, who is a cheap but very useful 3rd pairing dman. 

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tryamkin

Juolevi/Brisebois/Sautner/UFA - Stecher

We could also bring Hutton back at a much cheaper bridge deal as a show-me, which could potentially work out really well for us.

Lots to be optimistic about our D pool to be honest, even if we get Myers.

I don't think Stecher gets enough credit around here. He is a terrific young dman, who has only thrived with more ice time both offensively and defensively. I think given his NHL experience hes better suited (and has paired well) to stick with Edler. You then have Hughes Myers as your second pair and Try on the bottom as he needs to get acclimatized to the NHL again.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This is uber interesting Shayster,.  I’ve been watching Avtomobilist stack their roster, and what seems to be pushing themselves far past the New KHL Cap of 13.5 m per team usd.

Its had me wondering if they realize they are going to lose Tryamkin next season when his contract expires,. If Avtomobilist is willing to release him for 1/2 of his contract salary (aprx. $350,000.oo usd), and at least get something for him now?

This a least tears me away from the Eriksson thread !!  Thank you.

Russian teams are broke so if they know they will lose him, they'd probably be happy to take the break fee to let him loose before our season. If that happens wow!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

Oh man... Do we have to? 

I think Goldy has great hands...maybe better than EP...it's the rest of his game that still needs to grow.

I still want him on the team and I do expect some growth in attitude and positioning on D., I hope that's enough to keep him on the team and progressing.

3 hours ago, shayster007 said:

Oh man... Do we have to? 

We have too many forwards as it is. Something has gotta give.

If Goldobin is re-signed I don’t see how Baertschi doesn’t get traded.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Ferland-EP-BB

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Baertschi-Sutter-Virtanen

Leivo-Beagle-Motte

Goldobin

Edler-Tanev

Hughes-Myers

Benn-Stecher

Fantenberg, Biega

Schaller, Eriksson waived/traded. Am I missing someone?

If Tryamkin is signed this offseason, we send down Biega. When Roussel returns, we will have to see if we have further injuries and figure thing out then.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

I don't think Stecher gets enough credit around here. He is a terrific young dman, who has only thrived with more ice time both offensively and defensively. I think given his NHL experience hes better suited (and has paired well) to stick with Edler. You then have Hughes Myers as your second pair and Try on the bottom as he needs to get acclimatized to the NHL again.

Myers needs a strong partner who can play defense. That isn't Hughes.

Edler will play with Myers

Tanev will play with Hughes

Your suggestion makes no sense imo. But we will see.

Stecher is a 3rd pairing D man. If he plays any higher this team has already failed to upgrade their D enough.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, shayster007 said:

so . . . he smokes weed now

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

With Goldobin being younger, cheaper and potentially breaking out it might be the best decision to move Beartschi. 

Make no mistake though. Baer is the better player now. Legit top 9 forward. 

We could use any leverage with bringing Tryamkin here and having fellow Russians on the team only yields in helping us.

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Myers needs a strong partner who can play defense. That isn't Hughes.

Edler will play with Myers

Tanev will play with Hughes

Your suggestion makes no sense imo. But we will see.

Stecher is a 3rd pairing D man. If he plays any higher this team has already failed to upgrade their D enough.

It could make sense to have Stecher with Edler. @18W-40C-6W seems to be suggesting with the partnership with the return of Tryamkin and looks like Tanev is out. If Myers is not strong enough defensively then Benn can move to the right side where he's perfectly capable which leaves Tryamkin with Myers, the two towers.

Edler-Stecher

Hughes-Benn

Tryamkin-Myers

The minutes would likely be more balanced out rather than the typical numbers, which is good for Edler for his health and longevity and allows more growth of Hughes. Depending on the game if we need to become more defensive or offensive, they could shift the pairings. Chemistry might be questioned if pairings are shifted in game, but having partnerships change on a PK or PP, so they just need to practice with one another and get used to everyone's tendencies.

• Like 1