The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter shinkaruk

Hansman

Im not even sure that Hunter was trade bate. That was not validified in my eyes

GM JB said on the radio they never even offered Shinkaruk plus both firsts to Florida. He said it was just media making it up. I think if you look up team 1040 podcast from Day 1 of the draft you'll find it. It was post draft.

It was completely made up crap, same as "Horvat for first overall". 100% bull. But they did their job seeding it, now every wannabe GM puts Shinkaruk in their trade proposals, and people keep perpetuating it.

GM JB said on the radio they never even offered Shinkaruk plus both firsts to Florida. He said it was just media making it up. I think if you look up team 1040 podcast from Day 1 of the draft you'll find it. It was post draft.

JB has been pretty transparent so far. He wasn't hiding the fact they were trying to trade Kesler. He wasn't hiding the fact they were going for #1. He didn't hide that they were going for a scorer or a goalie in free agency.

If he said he never offered Shinkaruk, I believe it.

Maybe its just me but watching this guy play it seemed that he had a fire in his belly . He seems to love scoring and playing the game . just seemed to have that special something that is the difference between being a good and a great player .

I personally can't wait to see what damage this kid can do . my fave prospect by far

JB has been pretty transparent so far. He wasn't hiding the fact they were trying to trade Kesler. He wasn't hiding the fact they were going for #1. He didn't hide that they were going for a scorer or a goalie in free agency.

If he said he never offered Shinkaruk, I believe it.

The way I read it is that Benning never offered Shink AND 1st round picks.

He may have offered Shink and 2nd or 3rd rounder OR our 1st rounder with a different prospect.

I'll admit it bugged me to listen to the Team 1040 interview when they confronted Shinkaruk about these rumours and he bit and went on about it for a while. No doubt he'll get his media coaching before too long but this is an example of the potentially destructive effect these rumours can have. Me, I like the kid and think he can be a special player. There's no way I'd have moved him and our 6th to get Reinhard. Johansen, on the other hand ...

I have seen him in a few trade proposals, but I haven't found anyone calling him a bust. Maybe I'm not reading closely enough through the comments?

I think it would be pretty ridiculous for someone to call a 19 year old without a season in the NHL a bust. We haven't seen nearly enough for him to deserve that title.

But as for the OP, I agree he is a stud. I want him to play his whole career in Vancouver simply because of his charisma and swagger. His off-ice contributions to the team has made me a fan; I hope he lives up to his on-ice potential as well.

I can help with that problem:

http://forum.canucks.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

4. You will not start a new topic (i.e. hit the "new topic" button) if the topic already exists.

Always search for an existing topic to reply to, and only start a new one if you are sure the topic hasn't been discussed recently. You can access the search function by clicking the 'Search' button at the top of every page.

Uh oh.

But it's a discussion board, people come to discuss their own ideas. There isn't really a wrong or right - even if some are highly implausible.

Archived