Kassian - Bonino - Higgins

Hansen - Vey - Burrows

Matthias - Richardson - Dorsett

Personally I'd rather see us go with this though:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Vbrata - Bonino - Jensen

Higgins - Vey - Shinkaruk

Hansen - Richardson - Matthias

Benning wants some healthy internal competition for all positions. I think that the line up will shake out based on how well people play.

As the year progresses, we'll see who fits with the plan and who doesn't. Benning has added a lot of depth especially in the bottom 6. He now has choices and as the season unfolds we will find out who has the character and skills that are required moving forward.

Keep in mind that players like the Sedins, Burrows, Vrbata, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Miller etc are getting older and will be making way for younger players over the next 2-3-4 years.

Please stop putting Matthias on the 4th line. He's a perfect 3rd line player. If you're gonna put Hansen on the roster, let's keep him on the 4th and Matthias on the 3rd.

Benning has said the looks at Vey as 3rd center

Benning wants some healthy internal competition for all positions. I think that the line up will shake out based on how well people play.

As the year progresses, we'll see who fits with the plan and who doesn't. Benning has added a lot of depth especially in the bottom 6. He now has choices and as the season unfolds we will find out who has the character and skills that are required moving forward.

Keep in mind that players like the Sedins, Burrows, Vrbata, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Miller etc are getting older and will be making way for younger players over the next 2-3-4 years.

Very true. More players than spots is on purpose. Waivers or trades will free up spots for people deserving of ice time

Jensen is not ready for the NHL, he looked good last year with Henrik because he excels at getting open & shooting the puck, while Henrik excels at finding the open guy. Once Jensen was moved off the top line he looked ordinary. He needs to go back to the AHL & work on his defensive positioning & consistency.

Corrado is not ready for the NHL. He looked awesome 2 years ago when he came up at the end of the year, but last season he wasn't nearly the same player. He can skate the puck out, makes a good first pass, but he needs some muscle & he needs to make better decisions when pressured hard in his own end.

Both these guys are better served starting the season on the farm & they'll both probably get called up at some point during the season.

People just expect too much from the kids too soon.

Our youth movement to start the year is likely to consist of Vey & maybe, maybe Horvat.

I think Corrado will come to camp and earn the 6th defenseman spot. Weber and Stanton are extra Dmen.

Jensen starts in AHL builds chemistry with Gaunce and shinkaruk and comes up for first RW call ups

I think Corrado will come to camp and earn the 6th defenseman spot. Weber and Stanton are extra Dmen.

Jensen starts in AHL builds chemistry with Gaunce and shinkaruk and comes up for first RW call ups

Stanton was Calder talk prior to his injury.

In this lineup(23 roster spots),

The only player we could send to Utica without having to clear waivers is Lack!

There is no spot for Horvat, Shink, Gaunce, Jensen,Corrado etc.

When Benning says he wants his young players, playing in a winning environment,

I see no position for them to play.(not even the press box)

I still see a trade happening in the near future or Lack is Utica bound

If this is true, Markstrom has to seize his chance if he wants to make the team.

If he plays well enough in camp, JB can send Lack to Utica and we don't have to lose either of our top young goaltending prospects.

And JB has introduced more competition for jobs again, this time at the goalie position.

They were pretty good buds up 'til now, but it is Lack vs. Markstrom this preseason.

We all get excited every year for the prospects to make the team but there is never any room.

They have to kick down the door if they plan to land a spot.

On paper, all of the new signings look good to hold starting positions.

If Jensen, Corrado, Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Horvat, etc. want to make the team, they're going to have to blow the established guy out of his spot.

There may also be a "sleeper" among Lain, Grenier, Tommernes, Andersson, etc. that displaces a fallen veteran.

It is tempting, but I think unfair, to list veterans who might be vulnerable.

We are hoping quite a few might have a bounce back year, or at least a better year than last.

These players must be feeling the heat of competition too, with the young wolves at their heels.

Not according to NHL.com champ. What's your source?

His position every year before he got put on a line with the Sedins?

I saw all the lineups on the first page with Burrows as our 2LW and I was about to post how impressed I was that CDCers weren't just throwing him on 2RW....then you had to screw it up. Way to go buddy! :P

His position every year before he got put on a line with the Sedins?

I saw all the lineups on the first page with Burrows as our 2LW and I was about to post how impressed I was that CDCers weren't just throwing him on 2RW....then you had to screw it up. Way to go buddy! :P

I think burrows would adapt to a wing change better than Kassian. Jensen already showed that he plays his best on the right wing, not left.

In terms of competition at each position, there's quite a bit coming into this season as follows, with very few spots concrete:

Sedin - Sedin - A

A - Bonino - B

B - C - B

B - Richardson - C

A = Vbrata, Kassian

B = Higgins, Hansen, Jensen, Burrows, Shinkaruk

C = Matthias, Vey, Horvat, Gaunce, Fox, Lain, McCann, Cassels

On defence, we have a good even number of left and right defencemen with some nice chemistry duos. We have a good even split of veterans and young D-men too which should mould quite nicely together, but we have a couple of different options:

LD = Edler, Hamhuis, Stanton, Sbisa

RD = Tanev, Bieksa, Weber, Corrado

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Stanton - Sbisa (given Sbisa can play the right side well, or Stanton)

If we want a better mix of young defencemen getting mentored by veterans:

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Sbisa

Stanton - Bieksa

f the Sedins have a bounceback year we have a lethal first line. If Bonino can be even better than last year and Kassian play at his top level more consistantly we have a good 2nd line. And the bottom six is really good imo. As said by many posters it's more of a 3a and 3b bottom six than a "real" fourth line.

And to answer your question,

I think this team will push for a playoff spot. End up at 6th-8th.

It hurts to say, but I think we should trade Lack. Much more value than Markström and there is no point of having Lack as a back up for three years. He's to good for that.

We'll see, just by adding Bonino, Vey, Sbisa to the lineup we get younger. And if more players like Jensen and Corrado can make the opening roster, great. But we shouldn't play young players just because they are young.

f the Sedins have a bounceback year we have a lethal first line. If Bonino can be even better than last year and Kassian play at his top level more consistantly we have a good 2nd line. And the bottom six is really good imo. As said by many posters it's more of a 3a and 3b bottom six than a "real" fourth line.

And to answer your question,

I think this team will push for a playoff spot. End up at 6th-8th.

It hurts to say, but I think we should trade Lack. Much more value than Markström and there is no point of having Lack as a back up for three years. He's to good for that.

We'll see, just by adding Bonino, Vey, Sbisa to the lineup we get younger. And if more players like Jensen and Corrado can make the opening roster, great. But we shouldn't play young players just because they are young.

Archived